What's new

First salvo launch supersonic cruise missiles in the world

@Oscar , is this something Pakistan specific? Don't really understand or are you just talking about current situation?

"Pakistan ka matlab kya??...........Musalmano! Tukka Lagao"

@Oscar , is this something Pakistan specific? Don't really understand or are you just talking about current situation?

"Pakistan ka matlab kya??...........Musalmano! Tukka Lagao"

It is Pakistan specific..but not to the current situation. .. this for all situations for Pakistan since the Indus Valley Civilillization .. In either case, ask me someplace else someday.. Ill answer it.
:p:

@Oscar sir,

thanks for clarifying.

can you please post the news of P-700's Salvo launch??I couldn't find it..but P-700 as well as P-500 was designed for salvo launch,but I'm not sure if SU/Russia ever carried out such a salvo launch.

Navies of India held their first salvo launch supersonic cruise missile"BrahMos" on board the frigate "Trikand" built in Kaliningrad This was told by a source close to the Indian Ministry of Defence, which opened on the sidelines of the international exhibition of land and navalarmaments "Defekspo 2014" / Defexpo /. "This is the first salvo launch supersonic cruise missiles in the world. It took place on January 30 off the coast of the southern Indian state of Karnataka, - he said. - Received only the dataconfirmed that all went well. Two missiles were fired one after another at intervals of three seconds . " - The underwater version of the missile "BrahMos" ready for installation on submarines According to him, "the first rocket with a warhead successfully hit the target, and the second - with telemetry - proceeded to the desired path." "We can almost simultaneously run eight missiles - one after another at intervals of three seconds," - he said. Frigate "Trikand" / Trikand / built for the naval forces of India at the Baltic Shipyard "Yantar" in Kaliningrad. Launching a ship on the water on 25 May 2011. The first of the "troika" of frigates of Project 11356 - "Tag" / Teg /, Kaliningrad shipbuilders built in accordance with the contract with India in 2005, the contract delivered to the customer 27 April 2012. The second - "Tarkash" / Tarkash / - November 9 of the same year. "Trikand" Indians received in June 2013. foreign media.

Indian navy fired supersonic cruise missile "BrahMos"

?????????????????

@Oscar sir,

thanks for clarifying.

can you please post the news of P-700's Salvo launch??I couldn't find it..but P-700 as well as P-500 was designed for salvo launch,but I'm not sure if SU/Russia ever carried out such a salvo launch.

The Russian launchers could accommodate only two missiles so they had to use multiple launchers while Brahmos UVLS can carry 8 missiles at a time.

@Oscar sir,

thanks for clarifying.

For that, you will have to pick up this particular baby
Soviet Navy (Soviet Military Power): David Miller: 9780866253369: Amazon.com: Books

I read it courtesy of a local library. Also a reminder.. Not all good things are on the internet.

The Russian launchers could accommodate only two missiles so they had to use multiple launchers while Brahmos UVLS can carry 8 missiles at a time.

How does that have to do with launching time frame? And how does that somehow relate to the claim of "first" salvo launch?

Just to add.. this is a MUCH older picture of a Russian submarine launching cruise missiles
p_missile_salvo_2.jpg

How does that have to do with launching time frame? And how does that somehow relate to the claim of "first" salvo launch?

did i claimed any of that in my post????
so stop putting ur words in mouth....:coffee:

Nyet.. The SLAVA and KIROV class were all capable of and test launched supersonic cruise missiles. The Kirov I believe was actually demonstrated with launching SS-19s at such intervals.

Sorry, but the need to say "first" ,"tallest", "largest" etc is a subcontinent thing. They thing they've conquered the world at the smallest of achievements.

Funniest thing, the google translate of the article has been posted by a rsa76. rsa76 is based in Karāchi, Sind, Pakistan, and is a Reporter for Allvoices.:woot:

And the original article is in Russian, written by a Russian. You d think the Russian journos atleast would know about SLAVA and Kirov.

В Индии произвели залп сверхзвуковыми крылатыми ракетами "БраМос" - Новости - Наука и технологии - Голос России

did i claimed any of that in my post????
so stop putting ur words in mouth....:coffee:
I am not putting anything, you just tried a smart alec move and ended up with your foot in your throat.

Funniest thing, the google translate of the article has been posted by a rsa76. rsa76 is based in Karāchi, Sind, Pakistan, and is a Reporter for Allvoices.:woot:

And the original article is in Russian, written by a Russian. You d think the Russian journos atleast would know about SLAVA and Kirov.

В Индии произвели залп сверхзвуковыми крылатыми ракетами "БраМос" - Новости - Наука и технологии - Голос России

The translation also seems to show that it was the first salvo fire of the brahmos and not the first salve of any supersonic cruise missile in the world.

I am not putting anything, you just tried a smart alec move and ended up with your foot in your throat.

The translation also seems to show that it was the first salvo fire of the brahmos and not the first salve of any supersonic cruise missile in the world.

Please change the title of the thread appropriately, to 'First salvo launch of Brahmos missiles' or something along those lines.

Salvo means from a ship.
No, it doesn't. It simply means 'together', as in many launches or discharge simultaneously. Cannons can and do fire in salvo.

Back
Top Bottom