What's new

First pictures of PAF IL-78 aerial refuller!

Who said it was not acceptable? If it is something good, and meets the requirements. It will be purchased. Cost is also a main factor.
it was hard convincing you guys...about the russian stuff...:welcome::welcome:

i have had darker times at PDF trying to convince people that the russian tech at our disposal is not all that obsolete...

who said it was obsolete? We have soon-to-be-moth-balled aircrafts (loyal ones) which are derived from russian designs.

with respect to the indians, I think your experience with the Migs would be better served if you stopped buying inferior non-OEM "number-doh" spare parts from Belarus and Ukraine

they will also serve as transport aircrafts.

The external tanks can be removed, to make way for cargo freight.

I guess we can call it "hybrid" aircraft. It serves 2 very compulsory roles.

was it not the same one recently crashed in india? does this plane has a crash history?

an older version Russian Il-76 transport aircraft crashed recently in Siberia.

Russia's air force had temporarily grounded all Il-76 aircraft after an engine broke off the wing of a plane on Oct. 7 as the pilot engaged full throttle in preparation for takeoff. No one was hurt in that accident.

Alas, accidents happen. PAF places HUGE HUGE HUGE emphasis on flight safety for past several decades.

Inshallah, these aircrafts will be free from untoward incidents. PAC has exhibitted excellent maintenance record, and I trust the tradition will continue.

What is the cost of maintaining city like planes….
I mean so huge machines

:pakistan:

a "pretty penny" i would imagine!

but it's cheaper to invest in OEM manufacturers spares; rather than do what 'certain nearby countries' do

(buy inferior spares from former soviet countries, only to lose the aircraft several flying hours later!)

The simple fact of the matter is that we need to get a few if atleast 2 kc-135's if the US sells them to us for our f-16's they have retd the fleet of them ... but again although the fact might be simple & a no brianer getting them might not be as simple ! but again i don't see why they won't sell them to us i sure hope they do.

The simple fact of the matter is that we need to get a few if atleast 2 kc-135's if the US sells them to us for our f-16's they have retd the fleet of them ... but again although the fact might be simple & a no brianer getting them might not be as simple ! but again i don't see why they won't sell them to us i sure hope they do.

If you want to use the hose-and-drogue refuel pods ,please change F-16 like this:

If you want to use the hose-and-drogue refuel pods ,please change F-16 like this:

Well sir its not up to me! & i perhaps don't think PAF would want to change it eather! again i could be wrong but i really think that PAF needs to ask the US for atleast 2 kc-135's for our f-16's thanks. :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom