What's new

First pictures of PAF IL-78 aerial refuller!

We have short -medium-long range Ballistic , Cruise missiles dont need Bombers..

BTW thanks for the pics , i hope to see this thing someday!:pakistan:

ya but missile could alert enemies and the similar response could be expected from them but if we have stealth bombers then the scenario would be different i guess. USA have bombers and missiles too and i think they are getting maximum advantage of this. Moreover the war at northern areas of Pakistan, i think we can't attack our own area with ballistics, so bombers could be proved fruitful to smoke those extremists.

I always loved this plane. Great to have it on the good side. ;)

exactly,,
i guess it is the beast look of it that attracts everyone,, boy it really looks like gaint...bold and beautiful!!!

regards!

Beuatiful pictures are they capable of refuling vipers i think only mirages and JF-17 and FC20 wil be refuled by this mighty Giant beast

First of I would like to appreciate " OWAIS USMANI" the kid is doing wonders in other forums like sending funny pictures. May GOD bless Him. Thanks for posting gr8 pics of IL-78.

@ WANGRONG...Tell us Is F16 being refueled by C130??:pakistan::china:

why doesn't PAF go for bombers...?

No PAF does not need any kind of bomber right now either simple or with stealth technology... Yes We have Cruise Missiles medium ranged.
PAF always opted for multi-purpose jets. A lot has already been discussed on this issue, earlier...

F-16 CAN BE REFULE FROM C-130 OR EVEN IL-78 OF PAF.

but we have to buy these fule tanks from Sargent Fletcher manufactures modified tanks for f-16s.
In addition to the KC-130H and buddy-store systems, Sargent Fletcher manufactures various fuselage-mounted hose reels. For example, the FR-600 hose reel is mounted in the fuselage of the U.S. Air Force KC-10 tanker, making it suitable to refuel U.S. Navy and probe-equipped aircraft from various allied forces. The Omega Tanker/Transport conversion of the Boeing 707-300 aircraft features multiple Sargent Fletcher FR-300 Hose Reel systems installed in what was formerly the aft baggage compartment. Recent U.S. Navy flight tests, with the Omega successfully refueling F/A-18 aircraft, have shown fuel transfer rates in excess of 500 GPM. Click here for information on this and other Sargent Fletcher aerial refueling systems
Current product development includes the qualification and testing of the Sargent Fletcher F-16 370-Gallon Aerial Refueling Tank/System (ART/S®). This unique concept is the product of the vast Sargent Fletcher experience in External Fuel Tank and Probe/Drogue Aerial Refueling systems design. The Sargent Fletcher 370-Gallon wing tank is modified to accept a retractable probe that will permit a F-16 aircraft to receive fuel from a Probe/Drogue-equipped SkyTanker. A proof of concept flight test was conducted to verify the compatibility of the design to the hoop-up loads. No fuel was transferred in this test. Instrumentation was installed to measure loads, deflection, and stiffness. The test confirmed the loads placed on the probe and the ease of hook-up including the compatibility of the system to several different tankers.

Aerial Refueling

better go for PROPER F16 Refuelling Platform "KC 135" rather thn modifying IL 78 or C130.

Back
Top Bottom