First Pakistani astronaut will go into space in 2022: Information Minister

Yep, when you say "Pakistan" the reaction is -

peacefull
highly educated
prosperous
clean
progressive
reaction is "wow that is fantastic"
people use Pakistan flag on their T-shirts as being cool.

I mean if Korea and Japan can use Cool Japan or Awesome Korea why cant we do the same I mean the Turks are well known for their culture these days.BTW K-pop is huge among everyone in America now BTS the K-pop group blew ticket sales for most viewed concert but I hate K-pop tho

ISLAMABAD :Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry on Thursday said the country would send a human to space in 2022.
The minister added that it would be the success of the country’s space programmer. He added that Chinese assistance would be sough in this matter.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/1833756/1-first-pakistani-will-go-space-2022-information-minister/

This makes me really happy. We're a little late in this field but we could catch up. Ironically Pakistan was the first country in this part of the world to have a Space Agency.
Finally we've people in the Government who are thinking about the long term future and not just about the next election.
Space is the future people like it or not. Future weapons will be based in space and the Asteroid Mining Industry will be one of the most lucrative businesses.

And this Space program is really inspiring for the younger generation, we used to look up to NASA and now it's SPACEX. I hope our future generations have Pakistani Astronauts to look up to and an awesome Pakistani space agency.
We need sub-meter chromatic and SAR in space, asap. We need to involve our universities.

What will the Pakistani "Space travelers" be called? Any idea?

I believe the Americans use Astronaut
Russians: Cosmonauts
Indians is Vyomnauts or something..Not sure.
Have the Pakistanis come up with a name yet?

Peanuts :p:

Well, in @TACDE_IAF's defense the Chinese are not as frequent fliers as the Russians or the Europeans or the Americans.
But they do have the facilities and capabilities which negate his assertion of them being non-existent. Just a typical cynical Indian reaction on his part.

Good but... but...

I have the feeling that we are not able to think globally and are unable to make a roadmap for our developpement (yes i know, nawaz, zardari, ptwari, islamist extremism and co, corruption etc).

But sending a man in space ok but why ? what will be the gain ? If we are sending one man just for sending a Pakistani in space, ok it is for fun or glory etc. Why not.

But if we have a plan for long term manned mission in space, because we have a plan of exploring/exploiting space like others nations then it will better. but if we have all those plans because we have plan to use the developpement needed for space technologies into others industries they will push us in innovation developpement cycle, which will help us to enhance our global economy AND our industrial capacity YES it is very good. *Joseph Schumpeter.

Sorry for my english wenglish.:help:

Well for one thing, it would make people a lot more interested in space, meaning the government would have even more expectations to do more with regards to space activities.

Igniting interest and overhauling SUPARCO is worth whatever it takes to make this happen.

Russia did that in 1968 on its own and we are doing it in 2022 with the help of china.Seriously how less progressive we subcontinent people are.
Its not about 'progressiveness', its about finances and priorities, our priority was the missle program hence we funded that instead and now we are one of the best in the world in that, better than our rich nieghbour, space programs are extremely expensive.

Russia did that in 1968 on its own and we are doing it in 2022 with the help of china.Seriously how less progressive we subcontinent people are.

It's not that we lack talent here, it's that the scope and field is very short in Pakistan, there is a lack of adequate financing and equipment as well as institutions providing educational courses to fulfill such endeavors. I myself want to do Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering, there is only one university in Pakistan that is ranked good in engineering, that is NUST, and even then when it comes to ranking on a course-basis, NUST holds some where around 450th position in the world for Aerospace and Aeronautical Engineering, and in the end the only place people do this course in Pakistan can go to is either the couple failing National Airliner companies, the finance-lacking SUPARCO, the best option being the Pakistan Air Force. But then again, the demand is too less, the only thing stopping us from reaching into space is the legit financing and promotion of such knowledge, nothing less and nothing more.

Why bc. Just for #MeToo ? What's the point if anything Pakistani in this project will only be a Pakistani man?!

The Air Force Chief, I recall, when he declared Project Azm openly also said that Pakistan is planning to send astronauts to space by 2020 or soon after, I guess this is a development in that. If so, it's good, simultaneously it would be best if we ramp up SUPARCO immediately and provide the funding the genius their deserve at the same time empower NUST and other smaller 4 universities which provide Aerospace Engineering to put more focus on the field, otherwise you are not going to be reaping the benefits of the inspiration from this.

On the other side of border. Some black,curry smelling people are blabbering that china is sending jihadis to the space now and that our countryman(some trashy name) went in 1970s with russian help. How much truthfulness does it has ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom