What's new

First Landing of Chinook Helicopter at Air Force Station

I have always found these helis funny looking.. what is front and what is back, never know :P

4 of em landed.. another 11 to follow, right?

I have always found these helis funny looking.. what is front and what is back, never know :P

4 of em landed.. another 11 to follow, right?

It is really simple if you make a more focused observation. The location of the cockpit, the variable height setting for the rear rotor and the two heavy turboshaft engines behind tell the clear difference.

Yeah we have 11 more due. Personally speaking, 15 heavy helis for an Air Force the size of ours, is just not enough. In the long term, we need at least 40-50 heavy lift helicopters for sustains long-range troop insertion and logistics management operations.

It is a technological wonder that the two rotor sets don't smash into each other.

Also, if this helicopter is heavy lift, what is Mi-26 called ?? Super heavy lift ??

Nice helicopters, and they are expensive. I am sure IAF will take good care of them.

It is a technological wonder that the two rotor sets don't smash into each other.
Sir, I think, this is the same wonder which were incorporated in WW II fighters as some of them having machine guns firing thru main propellers.
Somehow same type of timing is also incorporated in auto engines. Like OHV/OHC and bit more complicated in DOHC.

Back
Top Bottom