What's new

first kolkata class destroyer Commissioning in september 2012

So is the Barak 8 ready????

Not Barak-8 but Barak-2.

According to Prasun K Sengupta, the missile is ready and first batch has already been delivered to MDL
for installation in the VLS cells.

So is the Barak 8 ready????

Not Barak-8 but Barak-2.

According to Prasun K Sengupta, the missile is ready and first batch has already been delivered to MDL

Not Barak-8 but Barak-2.

Not Barak-8 but Barak-2.

IIRC the IN call this system LR-SAM/BARAK-2 whilst it is the IA/IAF that designate it the BARAK-8

I doubt it. When do sea trials begin? April is just three months away.

Sea trials happen AFTER the ship is inducted into Navy. As the trials need to proceed under IN supervision
and as per their parameters. October 2013 is probably when the ship will be 100% operational.

Sea trials happen AFTER the ship is inducted into Navy. As the trials need to proceed under IN supervision
and as per their parameters. October 2013 is probably when the ship will be 100% operational.

Any pictures out there showing the level of completion? Nothing gives me a rush like a giant naval beat.

Any pictures out there showing the level of completion? Nothing gives me a rush like a giant naval beat.

Nope all available pics are not very clear while the ones that are clear are very old, even before the radar
was installed. here's a good one -

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope all available pics are not very clear while the ones that are clear are very old, even before the radar
was installed. here's a good one -

Man! This thing is Huge!!!!

How many of Kolkata Class destroyers are we manufacturing ?

Man! This thing is Huge!!!!

How many of Kolkata Class destroyers are we manufacturing ?

Three in Project 15A & 4 follow-ups in Project 15Bs have already got approval.

@Abingdonboy, why don't we have any latest pic of it till now??

It's scheduled to be inducted in mid this year, so it should be on sea-trials right??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom