What's new

First IAF C-17 Globemaster-III flies

So are you saying that Indian news are just speculations? Its amazing that Indian members here pick and choose news to post on this forum. No wonder none Indians regard major Indian news publications as supermarket tabloids.

I am saying that they are not the FINAL word or the FINAL authority since they are not involved in these talks. For this deal, i have to confess that Indian media is in speculation mode, i am not saying that all news reports related to this deal are false but i would say that neither they nor we can currently separate facts from fiction. Remember this was the same media which just 2 years back said Rafale is out of the MMRCA competition & rest is history now. But we should understand the problem of Indian media also, this is the biggest military deal, not just for India but world as well, so they have to bring out some news from time to time because of the HUGE money at stake ($ 20 billion) & the curiosity involved. I would urge you to only trust those things which directly comes from GOI or Dassault/French Govt. Like the IAF chief who have said that the deal will take about 3-4 months more or like the former French President who at the announcement of the winning bid of Rafale said that we are ready to transfer full TOT to our Indian Friends.

block 52 are with many strings attached with them...
and ur Su 27 Pak FA rafael are not enough for them??:o
pakistan have just 36-42 block C/D
while What about ur Su 27???
i suppose those r above 150
and ur still thinking about rafael and many others.......
Su 30 i suppose is also induced....
well u also have Maraiges 200+ improved varients....
ur rushing towards nuclear subs...
covettes,Destroyers,T-90s,aircraft carriers....Apache and still ur blaming Pakistan for starting Arm race on having F 16 36 in numbers...???
and we have nothing to do with India....
when ur army chief will adress hater speech about Pakistan then u don't even expect us to reply???
wowwwww!!!!
well Pakistan always have a small and defensive policy about weaponry....
u always rush towards having any weapon u see.....

You doesn't have money to buy more Arms and What is your Weaponry policy I thing you are Adopted by Dragons wings

Shd be stationed at Kalaikunda or Baghdogra.

I was under the impression the C-17s would be based out of Hindon alongside their compatriots (the Super Hercs):

Boeing to set up C-17 facility at Hindon | StratPost

India's 1st C-17 aircraft gets shape in US; to arrive in 2013 | NDTV.com

Hindon makes room for AIF

IAF

Agra AFB has been India's main transport hub though up till now IIRC.

+ HINDON AFB should be one sweet base once all the work is complete. The IAF has taken full advantage of all the goodies on offer from the OEMs of the C-130J and C-17 (LM and Boeing) and will be getting the very best infrastructure on offer. It is well known the USAF have the best bases in the world, now Hindon atleast will be brought to this level. Hopefully the IAF is is pleased with this work they model other bases on the infrastructure found at Hindon.

I was under the impression the C-17s would be based out of Hindon alongside their compatriots (the Super Hercs):

Boeing to set up C-17 facility at Hindon | StratPost

India's 1st C-17 aircraft gets shape in US; to arrive in 2013 | NDTV.com

Hindon makes room for AIF

IAF

Agra AFB has been India's main transport hub though up till now IIRC.

+ HINDON AFB should be one sweet base once all the work is complete. The IAF has taken full advantage of all the goodies on offer from the OEMs of the C-130J and C-17 (LM and Boeing) and will be getting the very best infrastructure on offer. It is well known the USAF have the best bases in the world, now Hindon atleast will be brought to this level. Hopefully the IAF is is pleased with this work they model other bases on the infrastructure found at Hindon.

I was just guessing. looking to the distance with Chinese border on North East.

Are we letting the Boeing personnel go inside our secured bases like the Hindon?? will it not be a security threat??

They will all have to be cleared by the IAF and Boeing are only providing consultation, it will be Indian laborers who do the actual construction work, either way outsiders were going to have to brought into the base. The IAF are well aware of Op Sec and will take whatever precautions they deem nessercary. If the threat posed by Boeing officials entering secure AFB was so high then the IAF wouldn't have given the infrastructure contract to them.

IMHO the benefits well outweigh the costs.

I was just guessing. looking to the distance with Chinese border on North East.

The C-17 has "long-legs" so can fly to anywhere in India in a single flight. Hindon is a good location to base such a/c out of, you also don't want to be too close to the Chinese border or NE with such stragic a/c.

They will all have to be cleared by the IAF and Boeing are only providing consultation, it will be Indian laborers who do the actual construction work, either way outsiders were going to have to brought into the base. The IAF are well aware of Op Sec and will take whatever precautions they deem nessercary. If the threat posed by Boeing officials entering secure AFB was so high then the IAF wouldn't have given the infrastructure contract to them.

IMHO the benefits well outweigh the costs.

The C-17 has "long-legs" so can fly to anywhere in India in a single flight. Hindon is a good location to base such a/c out of, you also don't want to be too close to the Chinese border or NE with such stragic a/c.

Kalaikunda is the best option in my view. Little far from Chinese border, yet very near. Also near to Andaman & Nicobar Islands.

Kalaikunda is the best option in my view. Little far from Chinese border, yet very near. Also near to Andaman & Nicobar Islands.

Why though? Like I said the C-17 on a single tank of fuel can fly to anywhere in India with little notice. Hindon AFB makes sense not just for its geographical location but also because the base is already housing US transporters so much of the infrastructure and safeguards are already in place at Hindon AFB.

Kalaikunda AFB is a very important AFB especially in relation to the A&N, but it is not the place to base C-17s. If I am not wrong the follow-on 6 C-130Js are to be based at Kalaikunda or at one of the Eastern AFBs.

you missed the water coolers :D

They are portable. It was strange to see the ventilators fixed to the roof of the cabin.

They are somewhat like the tunnel ventilators we have in tunnels in Dubai.

India must Order more C-17III Globe Master so that we can replace our entire IL-74 Gaja with these aircrafts.

Time for India to move out of Cold War era.

We require Americans weapons to start a new arms race with Pakistan.

Close to 100 % BS :no:

Back
Top Bottom