What's new

First eliminations in MMRCA expected this month

well pitty for india they can only choose one type of jet if they eliminate MIG 35 russia will sell engine to pakistan and if they eliminate frenchs they well sell avionics and radars for JF 17 if they eliminate USA more F 16 will come if they eliminate Gripen israel will be angry well what ever they do indians are loosers

well pitty for india they can only choose one type of jet if they eliminate MIG 35 russia will sell engine to pakistan and if they eliminate frenchs they well sell avionics and radars for JF 17 if they eliminate USA more F 16 will come if they eliminate Gripen israel will be angry well what ever they do indians are loosers

Thats why delaying the deal makes all the more sense ...like the way India has been dong so far......

The more India delays ....the longer the delay for Pakistan in getting all that is required for their JF17.....during that time India keeps on Inducting more and more SU30 MKIs to its fleet.

Guess who is the bigger loser....

dont worry sir u will be considered first in this deal

we know
The_Fox_and_the_Grapes.jpg

Do you really believe this?? You need to look at this in perspective.. India's annual Capital (new purchases) defence expenditure in 2010-2011 is over $ 13 billion. Assume a 8% increase year on year

This MRCA deal of approx 11 billion is spread over next 7 years. Approx financial outlay of $1.5 billion per year for next 7 years

So there is a balance of approx $ 11.5 billion dollars ($13 - 1.5 billion)worth of annual market (increaseing at 8% per annum) that India represents. Even for companies that lose out in the MRCA, it still represents a large untapped opportunity. If you believe they are holding back from supplying Pakistan because of attractive business options in India, then not winning this MRCA deal will just be a blip on the radar.

And we are already seeing examples with France getting the Mirage upgrade deal and Russia getting more and more business with SU 30s

Dont forget addnl orders for Phalcons for Israel and Herculese and Howitzers for the US.

In short, the financial implications of India's Defence spending is not going to get over with the MRCA deal. Going by what is being seen, its just the start.

I was hoping that rafale could be selected, no ET without AESA please. Even F/A-18 is ok since it has AESA. The aircraft coming in should be a force multipler.

I am sure EFT, Rafale, F-18 will go to second round and most probably Gripen-IN may be but Mig-35 and F-16 are out.

nope the sweeds sold Saab Erieye 2000 AEW&C Aircraft to pakistan

Musharraf wanted both Gripen and Erieye but only only Erieye got go ahead.

^dont agree with the above assessment - my red hat tells me the finalists are going to be Boeing, LM and Russia. no chance for the europeans.

I am sure EFT, Rafale, F-18 will go to second round and most probably Gripen-IN may be but Mig-35 and F-16 are out.

Musharraf wanted both Gripen and Erieye but only only Erieye got go ahead.

because of the american engine! nothing else - Erieye is non-american platform!

^dont agree with the above assessment - my red hat tells me the finalists are going to be Boeing, LM and Russia. no chance for the europeans.

Actually every one is speculated and also sources mentioned in various news reports and articles that EFT and F-18 as forerunner while there is no chance for F-16 and Mig-35.

EADS, Boeing and Saab offered the best options along with the fighter itself like ToT, production base, offset, partnership, future development and upgrades etc.

The general consensus is that two of those who you picked - LM & the Russians have the least chances in this contract. LM does not have a plane that interests India in this competition & the main reason for this contract is to diversify away from the IAF flying predominantly Russian
planes.

The SH is a shoe in but it's very open between the Europeans. I still think that it will be a two aircraft order with my choices being the SH & the Gripen.

i think rafael and gripen will eliminated in first round. bcoz Rafael was technically failed in technical evaluation and gripen was failed in high altitude. however if the army is thinking that they can find perfect aircraft which can fulfill their requirement than they r wrong.

Back
Top Bottom