What's new

First Chinese AEW&C ZDK-03 Karakoram Eagle Delivered

Hi, the P&W engines are rumored to be supplied by P&W Canada. They are good reliable engines, so let's hope the PAF's version has these powerplants.
Oh! so we didn't get P&W from USA but from Canada.
However P&W Engines are very reliable in stability and endurance.:smokin:

Hi, the P&W engines are rumored to be supplied by P&W Canada. They are good reliable engines, so let's hope the PAF's version has these powerplants.

Because ZDK-03 is powered by WJ-6C Turboprops with 6-blade Propellers, ZDK-03 is AWAC is based on Y-8 Category-III aircraft which is powered by JL-4 6-Blade Propeller for KJ-200 and WJ-6C for newly revealed Y-8EW Cub/High New 8.
WJ-6C also powers the Y-9 which is the Successor of Y-8 Category-III.
I guess PW rumour was proven wrong long ago besides why would we go to any other country when every superior thing is available at same shop and in case of crucial time PW part might become headache for us.

Pictures of WJ-6C on ZDK-03, Y-8EW & Y-9 respectively
ZDK-03a.jpg

GX-8.jpg

Y-9c.jpg

doubtful about PW ... ! it cant be ..

PAF ZDK-03 is based on Y-8F600 platform which is quite a different and advance then the previous versions and the basic Y-8 variant for that matter. Many improvements were made in Y-8 in order to make it Y-8F600 and one of them was Pratt & Whitney engine with 6 blades compared to the Zhuzhou WoJiang-6 engines used on the previous versions with 4 blades and that is one of the reason PAF selected it , you know PAF love western engines

Because ZDK-03 is powered by WJ-6C Turboprops with 6-blade Propellers, ZDK-03 is AWAC is based on Y-8 Category-III aircraft which is powered by JL-4 6-Blade Propeller for KJ-200 and WJ-6C for newly revealed Y-8EW Cub/High New 8.
WJ-6C also powers the Y-9 which is the Successor of Y-8 Category-III.
I guess PW rumour was proven wrong long ago besides why would we go to any other country when every superior thing is available at same shop and in case of crucial time PW part might become headache for us.

Pictures of WJ-6C on ZDK-03, Y-8EW & Y-9 respectively

November 06, 2002

NEWS RELEASE TRANSMITTED BY CCNMatthews

FOR: PRATT & WHITNEY CANADA

NOVEMBER 6, 2002 - 12:50 EST

Pratt & Whitney Canada's PW150B Engine Selected for
China's Y8F600 Aircraft

ZHUHAI, CHINA--China Aviation Industry Corporation II (AVIC II)
and Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) announced today that they have
signed agreement for the installation of the PW150B engine on the
Y8F600 aircraft program. The aircraft development program has
been launched and aircraft certification is scheduled for the
fourth quarter of 2005.

The Y8 is a four-engine medium transport aircraft developed and
manufactured by Shaanxi Aircraft Company, a subsidiary of AVIC
II. It has a maximum take-off weight of 61 tonnes and maximum
payload of 20 tonnes. The Y-8 series includes 16 successfully
developed versions, with a total of 90 aircraft produced and
sold. It is mainly used in general transport and postal aviation.

AVIC II has chosen the PW150B in their strategy to widen the Y-8
market
, further improve operational performance and reduce direct
operating costs. The PW150B engine will power AVIC II's new
Y8F600 model
. The PW150 is a latest-technology engine developed
based on the PW100 engine family's 74 million hours of flight
experience.

Fitted with the PW150B, Y8F600 will offer improved take-off
performance at "hot and high" airports and high altitude cruise
performance, extended engine service lives, and lower engine
operating and maintenance costs. In addition, noise levels will
be reduced and meet stringent airport noise restrictions
. The
Y8F600 will also be fitted with modern industry standard civil
cargo handling systems. With aircraft MTOW increased to 65
tonnes, the Y-8F600 will have broad market appeal and sales of
more than 100 aircraft is expected.

"AVIC II has already established good cooperation with P&WC. I
hope that both parties will attain further success through theY8
re-engine program," said Dr. Zhang Yanzhong, President of AVIC
II.

China Aviation Industry Corporation II (AVIC II) is a large
state-owned aviation industrial group engaged in the development
and manufacture of aircraft for markets such as the transport,
trainer and helicopter markets. AVIC II has become the main
supplier of China's domestic aviation market. AVIC II takes full
use of its own advantages, focuses on the development of aircraft
and automobiles and actively takes part in international
cooperation.

P&WC, based in Longueuil, Quebec, is a world leader in aviation
engines powering business and regional aircraft and helicopters.
The company also offers advanced engines for industrial
applications. P&WC's operations and service network span the
globe. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation
(NYSE:UTX), a high-technology company based in Hartford,
Connecticut.

-30-

Source:Press release | Pratt & Whitney Canada

I have many other sources

Same colour scheme as Saab Erieye , PAF should have gone for some brighter color scheme, this one looks bit dull, anyhow great share

Yaar it is not a commercial plane, changing to bright colors won't make any difference...i think PAF is going with this "Dull" scheme all across it's fleet including those Jf-17s.......though i would like to see the desert camouflage like on the Israeli jets...

Yaar it is not a commercial plane, changing to bright colors won't make any difference...i think PAF is going with this "Dull" scheme all across it's fleet including those Jf-17s.......though i would like to see the desert camouflage like on the Israeli jets...

See US AWACS in shinny bright color. The color scheme on both Saab 2000 ERIEYE and ZDK-03 are some what in sync.
DVD-1180-1.jpg

Not necessarily means that bright colours are only used fro commercial jets , i can give you uncountable examples for bright colours used by some really professional air-forces.

Its a wrong notion that PAF is going with dull colour scheme, PAF has bright colour schemes on f-16s as well as mirages and soon you will see them on FC-20s, not only that PAF's IL-78 too have bright colour scheme as well as some of the C-130s , i can go on and on

Desert camouflage is used for desert areas or when the air battle is to be fought largely on desert areas thats why you see israeli air crafts with such camouflage not only that UAEAF aircrafts too have desert camouflage .

Well it would make sense for Pakistan to hide news about whereabouts of strategic assets for obvious reasons - such information should not be easily published considering the P3 orion episode

The important thing is we know we have it !!! :tup:

I agree that we should not disclose where assets are and should also keep them in separate bases.But at least, ISPR should announce that we got it:cool:

the best paint scheme is the scheme which gives the best camouflage to a particular aircraft whether it looks good or not.
it was really difficult to locate F-16 while bombing terrorist's hide outs because of its small size n perfect camouflage with the background

Return to Thread subject before wrath of khan (Mods) comes by.

Back
Top Bottom