What's new

First BrahMos ALCM equipped Su-30 MKI squadron inducted in IAF

HAL will complete delivery of all 222 Su-30s by March 2020.
Plus 50 delivered by Russia directly.

I learned not all Su-30s can carry Brahmos because of weight and their wing-structures had to be re-enforced to enable the carry this missile.

I learned not all Su-30s can carry Brahmos because of weight and their wing-structures had to be re-enforced to enable the carry this missile.
but if all are made heavy, then normal performance will suffer..

Plus 50 delivered by Russia directly.

When? Any timeline?

HAL will complete delivery of all 222 Su-30s by March 2020.

How many Su-30MKI squadrons IAF will have in total? Already there are 12 squadrons. please confirm?

Yes, only 3 modified as of today.

When? Any timeline?
They were the first 50 Su-30 MKI that came to India between 2002-06 as SKDs or CKDs.
The 18 Su-30Ks delivered in 1997-00 were returned.

How many Su-30MKI squadrons IAF will have in total? Already there are 12 squadrons. please confirm?
13 squadrons.
Another one to be raised soon After HAL completes production in March-April.

Yes, only 3 modified as of today
Old figures.
HAL modified 15+ Su-30 MKI in 2019 alone.
All modification to be completed by 2020.

42 Su-30 MKIs will be modified to carry BrahMos.
They will be distributed among atleast 4 squadrons.

Rest will carry Kh-59ME ALCMs.

They will be distributed among atleast 4 squadrons.

Ok. One of them is operational today at Arakkonam. Where the rest of 3 will be stationed?

And when IAF is going to induct extra surplus Mig-29s and Su-30MKIs from Russia?

Russians were asking too much to upgrade... India went ahead on its own with a fraction of cost and upgrading Su-30 MKI on its own to carry Brahmos.

Decision will be made in next financial year (Apr 2020 onwards).

No more Su-30 coming ... after 272 and 12 replacement/reserve units.

21 Mig-29 UPG are coming IAF has completed the inspection these units in storage are good enough for long term use upgraded to same UPG standard.

so as per plan:

110 F-18
83 Tejas MK1A
21 Mig-29 UPG
36 Rafales + Option of 36(Might be Skipped)

45 F-18 Indian Navy

should be added this decade...

Back
Top Bottom