What's new

First Block 2 JF-17s under construction in Pakistan

So you agree that a trainer of Jf-17 is needed? Is there one in the cards?

PAF needs it or not, I can't comment on that. But requirement exists for the export customer which might not possess dual seat F-16, Mirages or F-7 PG's which PAF possess.

What F-22 pilots does, is they finish academy, trainer on Trainers, than 2-3 month F-16 flying course / simulators and finally transitioned on to F-22.

More or Less JF-17 approach is same. First it filled it with experienced pilots of F-16/Mirages/F-7 PG squadrons than new inductees would train on simulator/ dual seters

Yes because the customers require it, not PAF.
JF has been said to be an easy to fly aircraft.
Easy to fly or not,if Thunder is to be an aircraft that is to be the backbone of PAF,i.e, to be inducted in large numbers,rookies will have to handle it,for which they'll need a trainer. Also,a twin seater is an added advantage for combat missions.

But as @Abingdonboy rightly pointed out F-22 will be the top end of USAF,piloted only by the top end pilots,with several hours of experience in other platforms. Thats won't be the case with PAF. A trainer version of Thunder will be needed.

It don't have to do any with top tier or low tier plane, its new kind of approach in building and training due to advancement in technology, as new simulators are good enough to train them on particular platform, already trained pilots.

WHAT? Lost ERIEYE?
since when did we lost an ERIEYE aircraft?
It was the P3C Orion that was lost in mehraan base attack.
No aircraft was demaged in Kamra attack. Infact Kamra attack was a Failed attempt and successfully fended off by security forces and no significant loss occured.
You guys are mixing mehran base incidence with kamra attack

Jaagooo mairay dost tum khoab e khargosh kay mazay lay rahay ho :P ...

The lost P3C has been replaced by new induction and Tragically we have lost or may be damaged beyond repairable ERIEYE. So after that attack we are not flashing our tool at the face of our enemies or thats we do usually :(

it already has these capabilities. It will further enhance them.
I dont understand? article clearly states that blk1 only has dumb bombs and wvr capabilities. Blk2 can add bvr and ashm capabilities, but what it will surely add is a refueling probe.

I dont understand? article clearly states that blk1 only has dumb bombs and wvr capabilities. Blk2 can add bvr and ashm capabilities, but what it will surely add is a refueling probe.
since yr new to this forum hence u have wrong assessments. U were already shown a video of JFT prototype firing BVRs. The present JFTs in PAF has two BVRs and C-802. It can carry 4 BVRs like project director Air Commodore Khalid said. But PAF prefers 2 BVRs as of now. This article may have done a mistake abt their enhancements in Block II variant.

Jaagooo mairay dost tum khoab e khargosh kay mazay lay rahay ho :P ...

The lost P3C has been replaced by new induction and Tragically we have lost or may be damaged beyond repairable ERIEYE. So after that attack we are not flashing our tool at the face of our enemies or thats we do usually :(
Give me a source of Demaged ERIEYE plane if you have plz

Back
Top Bottom