Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
mvc2ZJw.jpg

In IA Colors

h1vkMXN.jpg

Part of L&T armor integration and testing facility. First outside OFBs.

They look outdated...

T-155 Firtina-II is further enhanced Turkish versions of the Korean K-9
914563.jpg

They look outdated...

T-155 Firtina-II is further enhanced Turkish versions of the Korean K-9
914563.jpg
It cracks me up when someone makes the "looks outdated" argument. Unfortunately even some militaries/manufacturers go for form over function.

Anyway, T155 doesn't have a panoramic sight, but the later version will have a weapon station. Whereas the Vajra is specifically made for Indo-Pak border conditions. It's all about what you need.

Damm that looks nice what are the specs for this indian variant ?
How does it compare to the korean and turkish ones .
I believe it is being produced by a private company this shows how capable the Indian private sector is in defence production.

Damm that looks nice what are the specs for this indian variant ?
How does it compare to the korean and turkish ones .
I believe it is being produced by a private company this shows how capable the Indian private sector is in defence production.

Ours is Same as SK's... i think there's a minor modification as per the requirements, though its not public.
Turkey also modified as per their requirements missing some parts from Original K-9 i think they're also developing version 2 of K-9

mvc2ZJw.jpg

In IA Colors

h1vkMXN.jpg

Part of L&T armor integration and testing facility. First outside OFBs.

Wow.. they Promissed in One year. and here it is in 11 month and 20 days

Can we compare the specs ?

-New generation fire control system
-Turret and Gun laying system fully electric, servo controlled
-New generation Devices/Systems/Designs
-Munition loading mechanism redesigned to be fully automatic from magazine to gun entry.
-Sarp RCWS

It cracks me up when someone makes the "looks outdated" argument. Unfortunately even some militaries/manufacturers go for form over function.

Anyway, T155 doesn't have a panoramic sight, but the later version will have a weapon station. Whereas the Vajra is specifically made for Indo-Pak border conditions. It's all about what you need.

K-9 has been outdated (comparing to PZH-2000) since it's inception, hence Turkish modifications to the original design. If India has the original design, which looks to be the case - it is in my opinion outdated. I also base that opinion on K-9 competing in Australian tender equipped with Turkish FCS from T-155.

T-155 always has had ability to manually sight targets. Turkish turret is designed to stow the sight within the turret when 'direct fire' is not required... It's hard to find pictures with the sight out, since 99% of the time howitzers are firing at long range distance that are out of visual detection 'indirect fire'...

in these pictures I've marked where the direct fire sight is mounted and where it's positioned out of the turret.

feeb89cc-2d50-4dd6-8943-88e1f41f662d.png

41e0f790-f533-4b9f-a6b8-52f82b3e6165.png

What India should develop or precure next is the tracked ammunition resupply vehicle.

-New generation fire control system
-Turret and Gun laying system fully electric, servo controlled
-New generation Devices/Systems/Designs
-Munition loading mechanism redesigned to be fully automatic from magazine to gun entry.
-Sarp RCWS

K-9 has been outdated (comparing to PZH-2000) since it's inception, hence Turkish modifications to the original design. If India has the original design, which looks to be the case - it is in my opinion outdated. I also base that opinion on K-9 competing in Australian tender equipped with Turkish FCS from T-155.

T-155 always has had ability to manually sight targets. Turkish turret is designed to stow the sight within the turret when 'direct fire' is not required... It's hard to find pictures with the sight out, since 99% of the time howitzers are firing at long range distance that are out of visual detection 'indirect fire'...

in these pictures I've marked where the direct fire sight is mounted and where it's positioned out of the turret.

feeb89cc-2d50-4dd6-8943-88e1f41f662d.png

41e0f790-f533-4b9f-a6b8-52f82b3e6165.png

What India should develop or precure next is the tracked ammunition resupply vehicle.

Can we compare the specs ?

K-9 Vajra-T T-SPH.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom