What's new

First alcohol licence issued in Lahore after 1997

Awam doesnt care.

System level, i think its only banned to keep the chawali molvi quiet.

down the line, its your personal choice....

Anyone up for some beers?

Jisko peeni hoti hai woh peeta hai ban ho ya nahi.... so why crying? Let government make some money off of it. Everybody is answerable to Allah on their own and not answerable to jahil mullahs or wannabe-mullahs.

True.

Substantiate your claim of FACT with credible sources and references. That is the logical way.

You are contradicting your own false claim that most of alcohol is consumed by Muslim.

You misunderstood.
& no one need a web link or else for an obvious fact.

Most of Alcohol non Muslim buy it for Commercial reason other then that either u will use your Muslim staff/servant or Fake Permit or other this and that. You should know that Smuggled or not expensive liquor is mostly consumed by Muslims.

I count all Muslim Population because its their demand to Banned. although its no where near 50 % but its still much larger for a society who says no to alcohol.

& no one need a web link or else for an obvious fact.
Bro, you claimed something and than you are not ready to ascertain your claims by providing substantial evidence. Your obvious fact is ridiculous if not childish. I am just asking for a source of your claim. Or you dont know what a "Fact" is?

Government should lift ban on Alcohal . Let leave this choice on people they want to use it or not. Ban is never solution, they will continue consuming it through some other ways. You can't force anyone.
If Islamic faith is strong people will not use it.

Shah sahab ki airport vali bariyani bohat zaiqa dar hai :D

Jinni chahna saqia piaaaa ty baaki saaday utaay ror dy :lol: @Tps43

Hey mundal mind your own business. Tourists don't drink juice
I highly doubt that most of the alcohol will be consumed by foreigners or non Muslims.

Government should lift ban on Alcohal . Let leave this choice on people they want to use it or not. Ban is never solution, they will continue consuming it through some other ways. You can't force anyone.
If Islamic faith is strong people will not use it.
How about legalizing all drugs?

Why even keep the Islamic in Islamic Republic.

Try not to become just a Islamic version of India.

Bangladesh is one already.

Medina ki riyaasat? i think this government will make new records.lol

Bro, you claimed something and than you are not ready to ascertain your claims by providing substantial evidence. Your obvious fact is ridiculous if not childish. I am just asking for a source of your claim. Or you dont know what a "Fact" is?
Bhai whatever make you happy.
I explain the part which was misunderstood.
If you want to contradict me take Actual Figure of Alcohol Produced/imported/smuggled. No of Non Muslim who consume Alcohol. You will get the answer. Also note that DESI Drinks is no where in Govt. record although its common in village.
If you can't do that just go and see some Legal Selling point & See with your own eyes whats going on there. It will give you some idea.
Don't you think Smuggled expensive liquor is little too much for Non Muslim? & why they buy smuggle when they can legally buy.
If you still want to live in a state of denial you are more then welcome.
Just don't quote me without your so called facts & figure.

PS: My earlier views was not different from you but it was because i didn't know at that time how common it was.

General Tikka Khan barred the serving of alcoholic beverages in Army mess halls. Interestingly,that this ban was ironically removed in 1976 by Gen Zia! He lifted the prohibition just before he replaced Tikka Khan as army chief. This was done on the request of military officers.

Pakistan heroin addiction not only shot up due to the sudden influx of the drug from Afghanistan during the 1980s’ civil war there, but also because of the alcohol prohibition imposed in Pakistan in April 1977. The prohibition was ordered by the Z.A. Bhutto regime which at the time was under pressure from a violent protest movement by an alliance of right-wing opposition parties.

2015 paper by researchers associated with the University of Sydney in Australia (Basma Al-Ansari, Anne Marie Thow, Caroline A. Day, and K.M. Conigrave), pointed out that consumption of alcoholic beverages in Muslim countries where a prohibition was in place actually grew after a proscription on alcohol came into effect.

The Sindh government earns revenues of over four billion rupees annually from these shops which are also important employment avenues for Sindh’s non-Muslims, deaths and injury caused by tainted ‘moonshine’ whisky is higher in Punjab where there are no ‘wine shops.’

Around 10 million consume various forms and brands depending on their purchasing power, but even if we assume that they purchase the cheapest possible kind for ease of understanding, an industry of 10 million consumers would generate significant revenue for the government.

Awam doesnt care.

System level, i think its only banned to keep the chawali molvi quiet.

down the line, its your personal choice....

Anyone up for some beers?

The problem is not alcohol. The problem is the desire to control what other people can and cannot do in the privacy of their own homes.

The problem is not alcohol. The problem is the desire to control what other people can and cannot do in the privacy of their own homes.

Pakistan is facing " ism" problem
VIP-ism
Feudal-ism
Mullah-ism
VIP (Pakistani elite) controls the mullah which in turns controls the 2% that wants to go to heaven on expedite basis and the only way they can is by following the mullah without asking a single question.

Pakistan is facing " ism" problem
VIP-ism
Feudal-ism
Mullah-ism
VIP (Pakistani elite) controls the mullah which in turns controls the 2% that wants to go to heaven on expedite basis and the only way they can is by following the mullah without asking a single question.

Well, PMIK has gotten rid of the VIPism already. I am sure he will get rid of the other two in a short period of time too.

If you want to contradict me take Actual Figure of Alcohol Produced/imported/smuggled. No of Non Muslim who consume Alcohol. You will get the answer. Also note that DESI Drinks is no where in Govt. record although its common in village.
I also belong to a village and spent years living with villagers. Some of them use desi alcohol but their numbers are few. I dont have any data to substantiate my claim but the notion that most of Alcohol is consumed by Muslims is ridiculous. In my own village desi drinkers can be counted on fingers and majority of Muslims living in villages dont drink yet there are some black sheep which definitely dont forms a majority.

If you can't do that just go and see some Legal Selling point & See with your own eyes whats going on there. It will give you some idea.
Still they dont form the majority of society. We should be realistic in our assessments.

PS: My earlier views was not different from you but it was because i didn't know at that time how common it was.

I agree that alcohol can be easily brought, sold and consumed. However, stating that Muslims are consuming most of Alcohol is gross exaggeration and misrepresentation. How can you claim something to be a fact without proper data, research and analysis?

Great theory, should be taught in schools. lol

Back
Top Bottom