Firing won't stop at border: BSF chief

idune

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
We will go to UN: NHRC chief

Indian Border Security Force (BSF) chief UK Banshal has said that it would not be possible to totally stop firing at the border as they must take steps to stop the offenders, reports UNB.

"It would never be possible to totally stop firing -- so long as criminal activities would continue to take place at the India-Bangladesh border, BSF will have to prevent the offences. And that is the duty of the Force," he said in an interview with BBC Bangla, Kolkata, broadcast Tuesday.

Banshal made the remarks at a time when human rights organisations were alleging that the incidents of killing and torture of Bangladeshis are increasing in the hands of the BSF.

The BSF director general's remarks blatantly negate the repeated assurances given to Bangladesh by the Indian authorities.

Meanwhile, Dr Mizanur Rahman, chairman of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday said the matter of Indian BSF killing of Bangladesh nationals along the border would be taken to the United Nations (UN).

LOL lets see which countries support BD on this.

HRC threatens to take border killings to UN

Wed, Feb 8th, 2012 11:12 pm BdST

Brahmanbaria, Feb 8 (bdnews24.com) -- The chief of Bangladesh Human Rights Commission has threatened to take the issue of killings and torture of Bangladeshi nationals by India's Border Security Force to the United Nations unless the rights body of the next-door neighbour initiates steps against it.

"Complaint will be lodged with the United Nations Human Rights Council unless BSF stopped killing and torture of innocent Bangladeshis," Mizanur Rahman told a function at Brahmanbaria on Wednesday.

His reaction came a day after a statement of the BSF chief that "border firing cannot be stopped completely".

Mizanur said a letter has been sent to the Indian Human Rights Commission seeking its intervention in the matter. "In the letter, the commission has been urged to take measures to stop border killings through talks with the Indian government."

Bangladesh has long been protesting killings and torture of Bangladeshis. International human rights bodies have also denounced BSF's "border brutality".

Amid the protest, the Indian government recently said the BSF members are not given lethal weapons.

But director general of the Indian border guards U K Bansal told BBC on Tuesday that it is not possible to stop border firing completely.

"The duty of BSF is to prevent offences on the border. So firing on the border cannot be stopped completely as long as offensive activities will take place on India-Bangladesh border," he said.

Brahmanbaria district deputy commissioner A K M Emdadul Bari, Bangladesh Human Rights Development Commission chairman Kazi Erteza Hasan, newly-formed Brahmanbaria District Human Rights Development Commission president MD Biblop and district additional police super Faisal Mahmud were present at the function.

HRC threatens to take border killings to UN | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

NOTE: HRC is independent of Bangladesh Government.

Ok then we will ask HRC to take care and stop illegal migration of BD people across international border. So that BSF will completely stop shooting rather they will practice swimming lesson at their work... Dude come on to the reality...I think you guys should make a reality check as why BD people are trying to cross border come to Indian side? Why dont you address the root cause of this issue rather than addressing the effect of it....Again I will also support BD border guards to shoot and kill any Indian who tries enter into BD territory illegally.

But the moment BD accepts the reality then i think situation may improve. Of course i will agree with you 100% that BSF should be accounted in case of any human rights violation occured......but it is unfair to them to say that they can not shoot an illegal person who is trying o enter into the Indian territory.

kudos to BSF for tough stance, protect your home, no mercy for illegal immigrants.

What were they expecting ?

He just wasn't honest about it. His point was if the traders don't pay bribe BSF will shoot

I guess he could not say that with a straight face being the leader of the shakedown joint commonly known as BSF.

well said sir..:tup:

the indian nation is behind you...

do what needs to be done to keep the smugglers and illegals out....even if it means shooting them between the eyes..

He just wasn't honest about it. His point was if the traders don't pay bribe BSF will shoot

I guess he could not say that with a straight face being the leader of the shakedown joint commonly known as BSF.

Why the heck should u come in to my country???

Bangladeshis keep out of India..and i fully support BSF chief's statement!!

What even make you understand that dnt cross Indian border, we have no problem but please dnt cross Indian border otherwise our bullets waiting for you :taz:

Why the heck should u come in to my country???

Bangladeshis keep out of India..and i fully support BSF chief's statement!!

Why the hell indians go abroad?

You shall tackle the reason not the people.

If you grant them visa for 24hrs and keep record of them or work out some method to control their return.

Ok we will stop shooting and start deporting each and every bangaldeshi back to your country. We will see then what you do about it....annd how your HRC reacts to it......

your land, your rules, you have to be responsible for your actions.

I personally would not favor shooting of humans for any reason, until they are armed and shoot at you.

Back
Top Bottom