What's new

FIR lodged for 'dishonouring' Priest King at Mohenjo Daro

What does this gesture mean? How is it offensive?

It is called bhoonda or buja in Sindhi. Similar to showing middle finger, although it does not signify sexual deviance. Simply put it is a gesture of insult and "la'nat." The Greeks also use this gesture and call is moutza. It is unknown if the Greek invaders learned this from us Sindhis or vice-versa.

I, as a Sindhi, fail to see why giving a buja to the priest king would be seen as offensive to some. Although, using such gestures is quite unbecoming of one.

Last edited:
i know and understand historic background and importance but actually I was trying to know the link of this statue with Hindu Religion ..... as 295 clause is related to religious offence as far as I know
as you know hinduism is vast religion local hindus worship it . since they know he was priest king .

i know and understand historic background and importance but actually I was trying to know the link of this statue with Hindu Religion ..... as 295 clause is related to religious offence as far as I know
There is no religious link of the statue with Hinduism as it predates it by milenias. However the fact is the statue does present a now extinct belief system. That it is extinct does not remove the "religious offence".

Even if it is offensive its their view no threats or committing violence against anyone. They should not go to prison because they insulted a statue or anyone

Why FIR? They just did it for fun and its pretty harmless behavior.
Oh I donT know. Let's consider how other nations react to "fun and games" at important national monuments.

Try tomfoolery at the tomb of the unknown soldier USA or with palace guards UK.

Let's giggle when Maoris do the hakka.

Let's put Egyptian statues in some comical position just for laughs.

People have been thrown out of countries for disrespectful behaviour at tourist sites, on mountains of cultural significance and even for taking a picture inappropriately.

All I'm saying is, have some civic pride in something that is yours to value. Sure.... I do agree totally that if this was meant as "fun" then no further action is needed, however the message should be clear to these individuals and others who might consider similar gestures in the future. It is unequivocally an insulting gesture so it should not be ignored. My understanding from others on this thread is that it is basically a middle finger. They should be warned not to do it again.

Oh I donT know. Let's consider how other nations react to "fun and games" at important national monuments.

Try tomfoolery at the tomb of the unknown soldier USA or with palace guards UK.

Let's giggle when Maoris do the hakka.

Let's put Egyptian statues in some comical position just for laughs.

People have been thrown out of countries for disrespectful behaviour at tourist sites, on mountains of cultural significance and even for taking a picture inappropriately.

All I'm saying is, have some civic pride in something that is yours to value. Sure.... I do agree totally that if this was meant as "fun" then no further action is needed, however the message should be clear to these individuals and others who might consider similar gestures in the future. It is unequivocally an insulting gesture so it should not be ignored. My understanding from others on this thread is that it is basically a middle finger. They should be warned not to do it again.

There is one particular Eygptian statue that's been in all sorts of hilarious positions. In Sharm the gift shops have a statue of a man with massive knob. He's the ancient god of fertility or Lord Semen as he was described to us by the salesmen. We made it a holiday game to place the little statues in compromising positions in the gift shops... Lol

There is one particular Eygptian statue that's been in all sorts of hilarious positions. In Sharm the gift shops have a statue of a man with massive knob. He's the ancient god of fertility or Lord Semen as he was described to us by the salesmen. We made it a holiday game to place the little statues in compromising positions in the gift shops... Lol
There's always one huh.

That's like handing over Pyramids to Nigeria or Congo. Just because it's same continent.

About time BD transferred suc assets to ASI too, we can't risk the subcontinental assets under vague and possibly incompetent hands.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom