What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

Sure: North Korea.

Do you understand the notion of comparative advantage?

You don't seem to know much about missiles or else you'd know that cryogenic tech doesn't make very practical weapons but makes very practical space launchers.

News to me, thanx.

And you don't know much about policy that's why you don't even know that denial of the cryo tech to India was done under MISSILE technology control regime. Obviously the fact that cryos are of limited use in missiles is irrelevant if you want to screw someone. And yet...fat chaNCE you'll let your ignorance stop you from trolling.

You don't seem to know much about missiles or else you'd know that cryogenic tech doesn't make very practical weapons but makes very practical space launchers.

Tell that to your own government first.That argument was put forward by the US to hinder ToT from Russia ( I guess US didnt knew that we had enough expertise in solid fuel stages ? )

The 500 cr+ claim is, at best, out of date. The GSLV project started 24 years ago. SpaceX was founded and developed its launchers in less than half that time, and its launchers cost less that half as much as the French or Russians or their U.S. competition.

Oh really what is the cost of Launching 5000 Kg Sat?

@gslv mk3 ,please tell me,are we devloping something bigger than gslvmk3?

Well mate,there is the ULV

ISRO Unified Launch Vehicle Update:

ISRO_ULVcap.jpg

Here is a table that lists possible configurations of ISRO's under development Unified Launch Vehicle.ULV has been envisaged as having a common standard core stage comprising of a semi-cryogenic stage (SC160) and a cryogenic stage (C25). Solid strapons/boosters with variable propellant loading (S12, S60, S138, S200) would be added to the launch vehicle to achieve a particular payload range. By having a standard core stage design will help in further cutting down the launch cost.

The Semi cryogenic engine

semicryoengine.jpg

• Thrust (vacuum) - 2000 kN
  • Isp (vacuum) - 3285 N-s/kg
  • Chamber Pressure - 18 MPa
  • Mixture Ratio - 2.65
  • Thrust Throttling - 65-105 (% of nominal thrust)
  • Engine gimbal - 8 degrees (in two planes)

yea I know every year they win anti gravity national awad, no match for them :p
Yeah like your super rickshaw movies
Chasing super bikes, cars and also using rickshaws as whatever they want o_O

Arrggh. Good point.
I admire and respect the Indians who contributed to this accomplishment, but not the people who decided "let's burn the money ourselves!" to make an "indigenous Indian" satellite launcher as an expensive token of patriotism.

Gentlemen, I am impressed. You kept your anger and disgust at a personal level. A Pakistani would likely have gone on a bender decrying all Jews everywhere, or at least all Zionists. Well done!

I'm not hurt; my first thought was that your picture was tasteless, my second was that I'm amazed that you bothered to waste your time on it.

This was nasty: the implication that the ovens my grandparents burned in were those of the Jews themselves, not the Nazis. I get enough of this Zionists-are-responsible-for-the-Holocaust drek from Pakistanis and Arabs. Though perhaps you didn't realize what you did here.
look we may have our differences or i may have got a bit angry by reading your post but that doesn't mean that i will start abusing you on the basis of your religion.we are civilized people afterall and my personal opinion is that we should keep our discussions that way only.......

sorry they are not used, they are proposed to be used in outer space where heat transfer is due to Radiation, also Quantum cooling is very slow process and laser cooling cannot be used for larger volume or mass.

there is research going on, with the use of graphene as a new semiconductor and use of Laser.

I just did a rough of the calculations. The GSLV may be a bit (~3%!) cheaper than the Falcon 9 for launching one satellite to GTO (though it's not at all clear if the GSLV-D5 price of Rs. 220 crore is just marginal cost or figures in development costs) but the Falcon Heavy is cheaper than the GSLV-D5 if two or more 3.5-tonne satellites are launched.

Either way, you're not talking like the Indian officials are boasting, of saving 50-70% of the launch costs.

Use SpaceX instead. As for the "payments" to foreign gov't agencies, this is probably still shared by foreign development aid; the first use of NASA spacecraft for India education & development goes back to at least 1975.

So according o your great American logic... India should not develop anything and continue to import what ever great White folks create... why can't you accept that you guys hate anyone making attempts to develop something that is indigenous... that reduces imports.

We did and still do.
I'll take your, "I'll throw it back in your face!" attitude as an implicit admission of defeat.
Good night.
really? never saw any outrage from faking wars to grab oil to extrajudicial killings to torture of foriegn prisoners, time to get off that high donkey my friend....

Gentlemen, I am impressed. You kept your anger and disgust at a personal level. A Pakistani would likely have gone on a bender decrying all Jews everywhere, or at least all Zionists. Well done!........

Personally, I support death to all juice. My anger and disgust is expressed at all juice unaccompanied by Vodka.

So according o your great American logic... India should not develop anything and continue to import what ever great White folks create... why can't you accept that you guys hate anyone making attempts to develop something that is indigenous... that reduces imports.

I wonder if anyone has any cost comparison of SpaceX launches vs India's launches.

Our Launch Vehicle,our money.Taiwanese need not bother.

You misunderstood me. I'm just trying to compare the cost of launching satellites. But after doing more research, I discovered that Space X rocket that its launching tomorrow do not directly compete with this rockets from India as the Indian rocket is a light weight launch vehicle. I'm just a big fan of Elon Musk.

SpaceX also have a major launch tomorrow. I hope Indians would congratulate them if they are successful

A lot riding on today's SpaceX launch

SpaceX’s last launch signaled its arrival as a competitor in the market for launches of commercial satellites, which the United States has mostly lost to competitors overseas.

The company’s next launch, scheduled to lift off at 5:06 p.m. today from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, reinforces that and has broader implications for government missions as well.

A successful third flight, this time of a Thai broadcasting satellite, would certify SpaceX’s upgraded Falcon 9 rocket as eligible to compete for launches of the Department of Defense’s national security missions and NASA’s high-value science satellites.

Now, only United Launch Alliance is certified to fly those missions on Atlas V and Delta IV rockets, but the Air Force’s Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) program is working to introduce competition in hopes of lowering launch costs.

“Competition for EELV launches benefits both the Air Force and the American taxpayer,” said SpaceX spokeswoman Emily Shanklin. “SpaceX greatly appreciates the Air Force’s ongoing support throughout the certification process and we look forward to providing the U.S. with highly reliable launch services for national security satellites.”

The Air Force has not yet signed off on the first two launches of Falcon 9 “version 1.1,” which at 224 feet is taller and equipped with more powerful Merlin engines, among other changes, than the rocket that launched three cargo spacecraft to the International Space Station.

Hawthorne, Calif.-based SpaceX believes both a Sept. 29 test flight from California and a Dec. 3 launch from the Cape of a communications satellite for Luxembourg-based SES met all requirements.

The latter was SpaceX’s first to deliver a commercial satellite to a geostationary orbit 22,300 miles over the equator, the same type of orbit planned for the satellite launching today for Thaicom Plc.

“We will observe the upcoming Thaicom launch and evaluate the flight data against the criteria agreed to by SpaceX,” said Maj. Eric Badger, an Air Force spokesman.

It could be months before the first three missions are evaluated and certification is achieved.

Assuming that happens in the near future, Badger said the first potential EELV-class mission that SpaceX could win would be awarded in the 2015 budget year for a planned 2017 launch.

After four years with no commercial satellite launches from Cape Canaveral, today’s mission would be the second in a month flown by SpaceX.

The Thaicom 6 satellite would be Thaicom’s third in orbit.

Weighing about 7,300 pounds at liftoff and designed to last 15 years, the spacecraft built by Orbital Sciences Corp. will provide high-definition television service to parts of Southeast Asia and Africa.

The weather forecast calls for chilly and gusty conditions, but only a 20 percent chance that clouds or strong winds could ground the rocket during a more than two-hour launch window that closes at 7:08 p.m.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...1086/rss07/A-lot-riding-today-s-SpaceX-launch

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom