What's new

Filthy Mayhem in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a complete colony from bigger nurseries.

Would look like this

Small boxes put up in a small pole around the plantations.

I've always wanted a bee farm, but unfortunately I am afraid of bees. :woot:

I don't mind spiders, snakes or even wasps, but for some reason I just don't get along with bees!

You have a farm to plant trees on, I don't. That is the difference. Rubber plants do not do anything for environment. That is a commercial farming and not because of environmental concerns. If anything you have contributed to killing of the biodiversity of your patch of land.

Kerala is a naturally gifted land with tremendous amount of biodiversity. By the time you are done with it, doubt it will remain the same.

Why not try terrace farming? You dont have a roof too??

Try tomatoes, chilies, spinach,bringal atleast..

My earlier farm was in south tamilnadu and had Mangoes, cashew trees , coconut, gooseberry, lemons, but its sold.

Now rubber is not the only agricultural land i have... recently bought an acre of paddy field and has acres of land with cocunut, aracenut, cashew and other small crops in paternal place.

My earlier farm was in south tamilnadu and had Mangoes, cashew trees , coconut, gooseberry, lemons, but its sold.

Now rubber is not the only agricultural land i have... recently bought an acre of paddy field and has acres of land with cocunut, aracenut, cashew and other small crops in paternal place.

I can try. My terrace is on the 4th floor, and I live on the ground floor. No lift either. Also have a North facing house which hardly gets sun more than 20 minutes down on the ground.

Envy you. I wanted to be a farmer too.

The whole of South Asia has a bloody waste management issue!

It would be nice for the nations to come together to figure out ways of dealing with it and in some cases making use of it (thermal energy).

I have seen documentaries about India. They know what they are talking about. They say India doesn't have cleaning culture and even their holy places looks like a dump place, I saw it with my own eyes, dead bodies floating in the water, and rats have built their empire between all the dirt and fieces.
:omghaha:

Muthalaliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

It would be nice for the nations to come together to figure out ways of dealing with it and in some cases making use of it (thermal energy).
:omghaha:

Reactions: waz
Is not Kerala a food deficit state? Don't they import most of their food from TN. That is with more than 40 large rivers running through its entire breadth. So farmers in Kerala are not all that clever really.

When rice is sold for 2 rs per kg and land is so scarce for farming, kerala is bound to become dependent on food from outside.

If you travel in kerala you will find unlike other states there are no large areas of vacant land... its like a huge town, the whole state.

Also unlike vegetables kerala's produce are cardamom,pepper,cloves,betel nut, cocoa,tea,coffee, plantains, casava,rubber, coconut,cashew which are mainly plantation crops....

So we grow these ... make money... buy vegetables from outside using this money...:-)

I've always wanted a bee farm, but unfortunately I am afraid of bees. :woot:

I don't mind spiders, snakes or even wasps, but for some reason I just don't get along with bees!
Just_2_Bee_Funny_by_CATlovesYarra.jpg

Sorry you need to be more specific when you mention South Asia.. Some of them have done quite well regards to waste management and overall cleanliness of the environment

When rice is sold for 2 rs per kg and land is so scarce for farming, kerala is bound to become dependent on food from outside.

If you travel in kerala you will find unlike other states there are no large areas of vacant land... its like a huge town, the whole state.

Also unlike vegetables kerala's produce are cardamom,pepper,cloves,betel nut, cocoa,tea,coffee, plantains, casava,rubber, coconut,cashew which are mainly plantation crops....

So we grow these ... make money... buy vegetables from outside using this money...:-)

I was in kochi last november . . from coimbatore to kochi . . all i saw was coconut trees and banana farms :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Well, cities like Bangalore have had a massive influx of immigrants come in and the infrastructure is at breaking point.

A city like Cochin has actually regressed in terms of waste management.

It is as if the Indian officials are lethargic about waste management.

I read in a Public health news letter that if Indian children cut their nails and wash their hands, a lot of the deaths due to diarrhea could be avoided.

I don't know why the Indian government hasn't gone on a massive infrastructure spending binge.

It's not like if Indians are idiots, once they get out of India, they are extremely hard working and intelligent.

I was in kochi last november . . from coimbatore to kochi . . all i saw was coconut trees and banana farms :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

How was Kochi?

( I know it is bad)

Reactions: waz

No, no, no those plantation crops hardly cover your bills. Kerala also runs one of the largest fiscal deficits of any state in India. Gulf money keeps you afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom