What's new

Filipino ISIS Executes Canadian Man After Gov.t Refuses To Pay Ransom

Why would you assume the commander in chief of a nation would protect terrorists? Who in their right mind would seriously think that?

Oh come on! Don't be naive. We are not the only country that protects criminals. Anyway, whether he did something or not but failure to capture or kill these terrorists in such a small island and be able to roam around freely is pure NEGLIGENCE of his job of protecting our people and that gives the impression that he really is protecting these criminals!

Oh come on! Don't be naive. We are not the only country that protects criminals. Anyway, whether he did something or not but failure to capture or kill these terrorists in such a small island and be able to roam around freely is pure NEGLIGENCE of his job of protecting our people and that gives the impression that he really is protecting these criminals!

Quite a poor assumption. By that logic then its same to assume that all the Presidents all the way down to the Marcos administration are also as negligent if not even more. Personal impressions are meaningless unless you back it up with facts. Remember that this is not a conventional enemy the AFP are facing. With the current state the AFP is in, especially after decades of neglect of all the previous administrations, I'm sure the military is doing its best with whatever minimal capabilities they have.

I'm actually okay with paying ransom to get hostages released, if the amount is reasonable ( <$2 million USD). Setting up a military rescue operation will cost much more than that, not to mention putting soldiers and the hostages at risk. The way I look at it, they're not going to stop kidnapping your citizens regardless of whether you pay or not.

I'm actually okay with paying ransom to get hostages released, if the amount is reasonable ( <$2 million USD). Setting up a military rescue operation will cost much more than that, not to mention putting soldiers and the hostages at risk. The way I look at it, they're not going to stop kidnapping your citizens regardless of whether you pay or not.

Your first point is quite reasonable and there have been many instances especially in the middle east wherein the families , with consent from their own gov't, pay the ransom themselves. But your last sentence basically sums up why a lot of countries don't pay ransoms no matter how reasonable the price is.

Your first point is quite reasonable and there have been many instances especially in the middle east wherein the families , with consent from their own gov't, pay the ransom themselves. But your last sentence basically sums up why a lot of countries don't pay ransoms no matter how reasonable the price is.
Kidnapping by armed groups is a fact of life. A simple cost-benefit analysis would show that paying a reasonable sum of ransom is a better method of resolution than military operation.

Quite a poor assumption. By that logic then its same to assume that all the Presidents all the way down to the Marcos administration are also as negligent if not even more. Personal impressions are meaningless unless you back it up with facts. Remember that this is not a conventional enemy the AFP are facing. With the current state the AFP is in, especially after decades of neglect of all the previous administrations, I'm sure the military is doing its best with whatever minimal capabilities they have.

Your thinking is what's holding us back and cost us lives and maybe more in the future. I have no doubts about the abilities of our troops in the battle field but with a clueless leader, they're just wasting their lives for nothing. But moving on, we have a new administration who is not from the elite clans but knows what's going on in the ground.

Giving in to terrorist is a bad idea. People going in that area know the risks involved.

Back
Top Bottom