What's new

FGFA vs J-XX

Hey, my bud bud buddy, are you having a "new vision" like your

beloved country men, talk so called facts without source to back up ?

:smitten::pakistan::china:

Grey boy China's aircraft's still using Russian engines right? if no can you please tell us about the Indigenous Engine developed by China??Thanks in advance.. :cheers:

Grey boy China's aircraft's still using Russian engines right? if no can you please tell us about the Indigenous Engine developed by China??Thanks in advance.. :cheers:

seiko buddy, look at picture in #44, thats was taken on the site,

celebration for the delivery of our Indigenous W-15 engine. for our

4 gen. fighter. :cheers::china:

What about 4 th generation??Is it also using indigenous engines??

seiko buddy, not on the J-10 but the twin engine ones like J-11B, and

some J-11s. still need to further ensure the reliability of W-10 for

single engine fighter. :cheers::china:

seiko buddy, not on the J-10 but the twin engine ones like J-11B, and

some J-11s. still need to further ensure the reliability of W-10 for

single engine fighter. :cheers::china:

W -10 is still not ready it had some problems and even w 10 is less powerful than that of russian engines and even now the J10 and FC 1 uses russian engines

As for the J-10, I know, we all know, that it resembles the Lavi, but how can you prove it so with official specs? You can't can you? It's all speculation, by noobs and skeptics alike.

Janes, regarded as a very credible source interviewed Russian engineers working on the J-10. The Russian engineers stated the China had access to the Lavi. Im not alowed to post URL's yet, so just search Janes. Perhaps A.V. Can post it.

As for the "Abovetopsecret" link, I personally think it's legitimate, tell me why you think it's bullcrap, I'll be glad to hear from you.

AboveTopSecret is a discussion forum, how can you take that as a reliable source?

To be honest, I had faith in the PAK-FA project. But now that's it's overrun by Indians and the fact that I had highly anticipated for it to fly in the past 2-3 years really ruined my confidence and my patience, it really did. How can you assure me that the PAK will fly next Feb? Can you assure me that the engineers won't run out of dinner money before then? :D. Just joking btw.

Well firstly, the Indian version will be different from the Russian version. With that being said. Idia's involvement is a positive thing because: India already has an aurospace industry, India will provide some of the funding, India will provide their engineers, scientists, manpower, ect.

I can't assure you the Pak Fa will fly February, that just what Konstantin Makiyenko the deputy head of the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies said. In his own words:

"even with delays, the plane would likely make its first flight by January or February."

A member on Idia defence told me that if the Pak Fa isn't ready to fly by this time next year, Idia will withdraw from the program, he didn't give me a link, but if that is indeed true i have all the confidence in the world the Pak Fa will take to the skys soon.

This is actually quite funny, as J-10 is a development of the cancelled J-9. Israelis helped China with calculation of data in the mid to late 1980's. Their technicians would come to China, bring back flight data to Israel for analysis, then send it back to China. No component was ever transferred between the two sides. The claim that J-10 is a Lavi copy is really just a funny claim.

I'm not alowed to post URL's yet, so you will have to search Janes. Refer to my first paragraph.

Second, only the engine on J-10 is currently purchased from Russia, as China found Russian avionics to be inferior. This should be apparent to you by now considering China ditched the Russian kits for Su-27SK and produced its own J-11 back in 2005. While Russia did provide some help to the J-10 program, China has grown out of that need. Notice how the last engine order for AL-31F were in 2007, yet J-10 production has never stopped?

Inferior to what? Whatever avionics China is getting is downgraded version of what Russia uses. For example, the SU-35 is superior to the SU-30mki. The MKI uses some western avionics while the SU-35 uses all Russian avionics.

Like i said earlier Russia already built two models of AESA radar, also Russian jammers such as the SAP-518 are atleast as good as any western systems. Don't forget most of the important avionics on the SU-30MKI are Russian. I would like to see a link of China claiming Russian avionics are "inferior", if you do provide a link i'll take it with a grain of salt considering China is always interested in Russian technology/avionics. However, Russia is now refusing to sell or share some of its technology to China, hence SU-33.

How did China "ditch" the SU-27sk? The J-11 is a customized SU-27SK. There is no question that the J-11 is superior to the SU-27SK. However, the SU-27SK is only the entry level fighter of the Russian AirForce. Russia operates the SU-35 BM a 4++ gen fighter, which is rediculously better than the SU-27SK and easily better than the J-11.

China can say whatever they want about Russian avionics the fact of the matter is they always end up either: buying, copying, or stealing Russian technology.

China's pirating of Russian technology is One of the Reasons Russia denied China the sales of the SU-33.

Russia has stoped selling sensitive avionics to China. As a result, China has no other choices but to start producing its own systems.

Russia's displeasure with China's pirating of Russian technology: not allowed to post URL, so search:
igorrgroup.blogspot.com

According to deagel, China has ordered over 100 AL-31F's this past February. Source: well again i'm not alloud to post URL's yet, so search: deagel

Last edited:
W -10 is still not ready it had some problems and even w 10 is less powerful than that of russian engines and even now the J10 and FC 1 uses russian engines

Please kindly support your trash claims with Facts, Link to back up.

[edit] J-11B
This is the advanced multirole version which uses more Chinese components, including radar, engine, and missiles. The chief program engineer for J-11B is Mr. Guo Dianman (郭殿满). China is interested in reducing its reliance on foreign technology for both cost reasons and a desire to improve its domestic research and design. It is reported that one regiment of J-11Bs are currently in service, but this seems to contradict with the latest information provided by the Chinese government: In May, 2007, the existence of J-11B was finally acknowledged by the Chinese government for the first time when the state-run Chinese TV stations first aired the report on J-11B in PLAAF service. However, the official Chinese report claims that there are only two squadrons of J-11Bs in service, instead of a regiment, which is consisted of three squadrons (as of end of 2007). According to the Chinese report, which is agreed by some western sources such as Jane's Information Group, the J-11B is superior to Su-27SK in the following areas:

The wide adoption of composite material (mainly carbon fiber) for the surfaces, reducing the weight of the aircraft for more than 700 kg, while the life of the composite part is increased over 10,000 hours in comparison to the original part built from steel.
Redesigned air inlets of engine intakes to reduce the radar cross section, this coupled with the adoption of composite material, and application of radar absorbent material has reduced the radar cross section (RCS) of 15 square meters of Su-27SK to just >3 square meters of J-11B. Carriage of external weapons will increase this greatly of course.

Full air-to-surface / sea capability is added and J-11B is able to launch various precision guided air-to-surface and air-to-sea munitions.
Certified to be equipped with WS-10 (will be upgraded to WS-10A in the future) turbofan engine, which is claimed to be cheaper to operate than AL-31F.
Incorporation of on-board oxygen generating system (OBOGS): With the exception of Su-35 and Su-37, J-11B is the first of the Su-27 (Reverse Engineered) family to incorporate such technology. Due to the adoption of western style design features such as fully digitized computerized controls and solid state micro-electronics, Chinese claimed that the domestic OBOGS is superior than the analog system Russia offered to China.
A Chinese multifunctional pulse-Doppler fire-control radar reportedly capable of tracking 6~8 targets and engaging 4 of them simultaneously.[8]
Fully digitized solid-state avionics have replaced the analogue set of the Su-27SK. In the mid-2007, the Chinese governmental television station CCTV-7 released news clips of Chinese pilots in the cockpits of J-11B, with the LCD of glass cockpit of J-11B clearly visible, despite that the official report itself only claimed replacing the original avionics with domestic Chinese fully digitized solid-state avionics, and nothing of EFIS or glass cockpit was mentioned. In comparison to the earlier EFIS on J-11A, the most obvious difference is that LCD MFDs on J-11B are aligned in a straight line, instead of the middle one being slightly lower. The arrangement, appearance and layout of MFDs and EFIS of J-11B are similar to the general design concept of the west.
Missile Approach Warning System.
Though it has long been rumored that J-11B is aerial-refueling capable, it was impossible to determine if any aerial refueling probes have been added to the aircraft from the released official reports by the Chinese government. Professor Wang also revealed in the same interview that the J-11B entering series production would be equipped with domestic engines.
Shenyang J-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:smitten::pakistan::china:

According to an interview publicised in January 2007 with J-10 pilot Li Cunbao (李存宝), the J-10 had not yet been equipped with the domestic WS-10 engine because although the WS-10 could match the performance of its Russian counterpart (the AL-31), there was a serious drawback; the WS-10 took longer to "spool up", i.e. there was a delay in reaching the same thrust output as the Russian engine. Another significant drawback of the WS-10 was the lack of a FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) system, although this has since been addressed.

ya MKIs using "kaveri" 3 Dimensional TVC engine...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

China is has developed WS-13 and WS-10A and a new generation WS-15 is under devlopment

buckle up boys
Boeing 6th Gen is coming up
3e231158994851b58adf684e1fe36b6d.jpg

72d8b642a30fab0799167d161f3e17ff.jpg

Attachments

• 3e231158994851b58adf684e1fe36b6d.jpg
    3e231158994851b58adf684e1fe36b6d.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 20
Good looking picture but does uncle got money for that?

Janes, regarded as a very credible source interviewed Russian engineers working on the J-10. The Russian engineers stated the China had access to the Lavi. Im not alowed to post URL's yet, so just search Janes. Perhaps A.V. Can post it.

AboveTopSecret is a discussion forum, how can you take that as a reliable source?

Well firstly, the Indian version will be different from the Russian version. With that being said. Idia's involvement is a positive thing because: India already has an aurospace industry, India will provide some of the funding, India will provide their engineers, scientists, manpower, ect.

I can't assure you the Pak Fa will fly February, that just what Konstantin Makiyenko the deputy head of the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies said. In his own words:

"even with delays, the plane would likely make its first flight by January or February."

A member on Idia defence told me that if the Pak Fa isn't ready to fly by this time next year, Idia will withdraw from the program, he didn't give me a link, but if that is indeed true i have all the confidence in the world the Pak Fa will take to the skys soon.

I'm not alowed to post URL's yet, so you will have to search Janes. Refer to my first paragraph.

Inferior to what? Whatever avionics China is getting is downgraded version of what Russia uses. For example, the SU-35 is superior to the SU-30mki. The MKI uses some western avionics while the SU-35 uses all Russian avionics.

Like i said earlier Russia already built two models of AESA radar, also Russian jammers such as the SAP-518 are atleast as good as any western systems. Don't forget most of the important avionics on the SU-30MKI are Russian. I would like to see a link of China claiming Russian avionics are "inferior", if you do provide a link i'll take it with a grain of salt considering China is always interested in Russian technology/avionics. However, Russia is now refusing to sell or share some of its technology to China, hence SU-33.

How did China "ditch" the SU-27sk? The J-11 is a customized SU-27SK. There is no question that the J-11 is superior to the SU-27SK. However, the SU-27SK is only the entry level fighter of the Russian AirForce. Russia operates the SU-35 BM a 4++ gen fighter, which is rediculously better than the SU-27SK and easily better than the J-11.

China can say whatever they want about Russian avionics the fact of the matter is they always end up either: buying, copying, or stealing Russian technology.

China's pirating of Russian technology is One of the Reasons Russia denied China the sales of the SU-33.

Russia has stoped selling sensitive avionics to China. As a result, China has no other choices but to start producing its own systems.

Russia's displeasure with China's pirating of Russian technology: not allowed to post URL, so search:
igorrgroup.blogspot.com

According to deagel, China has ordered over 100 AL-31F's this past February. Source: well again i'm not alloud to post URL's yet, so search: deagel

Also, I don't recall ever seeing such an article on Janes so again, no official link=no faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom