What's new

Few Countries will be briefed on LCA-Tejas: Source

Yeah Sir you Know better than HAL Chief Himself
Quoting Figures From air Do you have Link or Source to back up your claim
QUOTE="damiendehorn, post: 8120373, member: 23314"]Unless Sri Lanka goes on a war footing defense budget, I doubt that the LCA is headed to Sri Lanka anytime soon (unless india decides to gift them a huge friendship price dicount).
Then why is Pakistan is So Eagerly Selling Jf-17 to Sri-lanka and Failed to achieve
it.

We will See in Future
We will Target Each an Every Market which JF-17 will Target
Like Rafale VS Eurofighter in EU

Its Beauty to See these two Nation Compete For Export in Future

Exactly my point, the 2016 Sri Lankan defense budget is $2.4bn. The bulk of that expenditure has already been allocated and very little is for capital expenditure. Now tell me how will Sri Lanka buy a $40m aircraft when it is bulking at buying a fighter that's priced at $27m+?

Sri Lankan's are smart, negotiate to buy the JF-17 even though you have no intention to buy it and watch india come running with goodies.....

We don't buy weapons from india for the same reason you don't buy weapons from China, the armed forces won't risk buying weapons from a potential threat. And that will never change, how ever far you look into the future.

Y

We will See in Future As Indian business tycoons propose $11 billion investment in Bangladesh

http://bdnews24.com/business/2016/0...s-propose-11-billion-investment-in-bangladesh

We will Target Each an Every Market which JF-17 will Target
Like Rafale VS Eurofighter in EU

Its Beauty to See these two Nation Compete For Export in Future

A business proposal from a business group (which hasn't even been taken seriously in Dhaka) and that's going to alter decades old defense policy? LOL....you know nothing about the Bangladesh armed forces do you?

Unless Sri Lanka goes on a war footing defense budget, I doubt that the LCA is headed to Sri Lanka anytime soon (unless india decides to gift them a huge friendship price dicount).
What is this means india never been a threat
To bangladesh

India only feel threat from threat perspective countries pakistan or china because we have past rivalries

Why bangladesh ? I fail to understand logic

Now tell me how will Sri Lanka buy a $40m aircraft when it is bulking at buying a fighter that's priced at $27m+?

Where did the figure 40 million popped from
Do you have source to back it up

What is this means india never been a threat
To bangladesh

India only feel threat from threat perspective countries pakistan or china because we have past rivalries

Why bangladesh ? I fail to understand logic

Where did the figure 40 million popped from
Do you have source to back it up

Its not a matter of india being a threat or not, its a perceived threat. Bangladesh armed forces looks at both india and myanmar as threats, that will never change being the neighbors.....its just a case of scenarios.....(plus a bit of history from the mid 70s to late 80s). Hence we never buy weapon systems from india.....Bangladesh has no real threats just perceived threat scenarios.

As for the price, just do some research. HAL has quoted a price for the Mk-1A model to the IAF that excludes the development cost, which is the norm considering the indian government has paid for the development to date. Now when you export the fighters part of the development cost are amortized with the client state (client state will have to pay a portion of those costs, again the norm).

On top of that you also need to add a small margin for the manufacturer, spares, support, training etc etc. The price will vary depending on the clients specification but is unlikely to be less then $40m when it does become available for export.

If anyone thinks that they can buy squadron (16-18) of LCAs for less then $1bn they are living in cloud coco land (Then again the indian gov could subsidize the sale).

OK let look at Vietnam as a buyer. What are their needs and does the LCA fill thoes needs?

1. Vietnam is a large country geographically north to south with a large maritime coast line and islands in the South China Sea.
2. Vietnam has a fast growing economy and well funded defence budget that will increase with time. They do have the budget to buy the LCA.....but......

So being large and with a massive maritime area to protect, does a point defence fighter seem the best option? Why do you think Vietnam has concentrated on long range twin engine SUs?

Sorry but the LCA does not really fit the current needs for Vietnam, they need long range fighters to engage far out into the South China Sea....hence why they bought the SUs. (Air launched brahmos would be far easier to sell to Vietnam).

U asked for the potential customer for LCA, and he did give u one with valid reason. U want others to completely agree that LCA wont have market potential and wont fit into other AF, which I believe is completely wrong.

However my POV is I do not want Mk1 to be exported. MK2 should be the one aggressively pitched for exports and it will win orders.

U asked for the potential customer for LCA, and he did give u one with valid reason. U want others to completely agree that LCA wont have market potential and wont fit into other AF, which I believe is completely wrong.

However my POV is I do not want Mk1 to be exported. MK2 should be the one aggressively pitched for exports and it will win orders.

Let it be bro. Minnows will always be frustrated when a bull simply rubs its horns. Just sit back relax and watch the fun and butthurt like me :D.

Yeah. He is trying hard to be logical to cover his biasedness. :D
And u have 3000 post in just 5 months :what: I am very poor. :(

Its why I am sitting back more, and just going to participate in things where there is a point in discussing. I got over eager trying to have the last word before....hence post count. Now I realised spending that time is not worth it in most cases :D.

Yes I did ask for potential customers considering the topic, however you are wrong to assume that I don't think there is a potential market (in fact I have never said that). There are potential customers for the LCA as there potential customers for most things. However one has to be realistic as a marketer, just assuming any nation will buy is wrong and wasteful.

You need to market the right product at the right time to the right customer at the right price.....

Does the LCA fit this simple set of criteria, for any given potential customer? If it does (be honest), then it's logical to pursue that prospect.

So question 1. Is the current LCA the right product? Be honest, if yes then we can discuss the next step, else if the current LCA is not the right product there isn't much point to discuss.

Yes I did ask for potential customers considering the topic, however you are wrong to assume that I don't think there is a potential market (in fact I have never said that). There are potential customers for the LCA as there potential customers for most things. However one has to be realistic as a marketer, just assuming any nation will buy is wrong and wasteful.

You need to market the right product at the right time to the right customer at the right price.....

Does the LCA fit this simple set of criteria, for any given potential customer? If it does (be honest), then it's logical to pursue that prospect.

So question 1. Is the current LCA the right product? Be honest, if yes then we can discuss the next step, else if the current LCA is not the right product there isn't much point to discuss.

Majority of the Indians just told u that. That LCA in current configuration is not viable or even will be agressively marketed.
The Mk1A with mid air refuelers and AESA radar will be the real game changers. And they will win orders from countries such as Vietnam.

As for price, by the time first order is obtained, 240 Tejas will be produced, making the product cheaper.

Majority of the Indians just told u that. That LCA in current configuration is not viable or even will be agressively marketed.
The Mk1A with mid air refuelers and AESA radar will be the real game changers. And they will win orders from countries such as Vietnam.

As for price, by the time first order is obtained, 240 Tejas will be produced, making the product cheaper.

Well as they say time will tell. When Vietnam places those orders do come back to me....tel then I'll put my my money on the AMCA more the the LCA.

Mostly in LCA vs Jf thread and terrorist scum killed in kashmir thread.

You got it. Or something that turns into religious critical (esp one particular religion) stuff etc.

Lately its also "Indian-backed" "activities" within Pakistan. I let seniors and so on handle that....got nothing to contribute other than bad words for that anyway lulz.

You got it. Or something that turns into religious critical (esp one particular religion) stuff etc.

Lately its also "Indian-backed" "activities" within Pakistan. I let seniors and so on handle that....got nothing to contribute other than bad words for that anyway lulz.
The thing is i rarely visit any other defence forum mostly to see if there is any terrorist attack in pakistan,just to read funny comments,otherwise im always in Indian defence section where i only read comments from Indian people and tend to ignore others.
Hope every one start ignoring them.

Really?

Those oil sheikhdoms that you see existing there are because US exists to back them. Otherwise they are not even legitimate leaders of their own country.

US grace = legitimacy of their rule and therefore 'trust'.

Only Bahrain and Oman have strategic closeness in terms of militarily and politically engaging with us. UAE, Saudi, Qatar and Kuwait are more like Business partners with a good business deal: strictly professional.

Without engine, we are simply re-suppliers for any country. Till GE/Eurojet/PW/Saturn etc power our jets, we cannot guarantee 100% strategic autonomy to any client.

Perhaps Saudi but cant say about others especially UAE .You should know the level of Indian investment in there .
Trust me .We cant lose ME .Around 7 millions Indians works in there ,closely tangled with their,GCC, economy .It will only increase in future almost proportional to our strength and strategic reach which will also cause the creation of a multipolar world and decline of US influence .GCC cant trust China .So their next only option is India .
Arabs are investing for future not for now .
So they cant sell Gripen right :D
Another engine program is already sanctioned .You can also see the result in future .

Perhaps Saudi but cant say about others especially UAE .You should know the level of Indian investment in there.

Trust me .

We cant lose ME .Around 7 millions Indians works in there ,closely tangled with their,GCC, economy.It will only increase in future almost proportional to our strength and strategic reach which will also cause the creation of a multipolar world and decline of US influence .GCC can't trust China .

So their next only option is India. Arabs are investing for future not for now. So they cant sell Gripen right :D
Another engine program is already sanctioned .You can also see the result in future .

You seem to know more about GCC.

Tell me something; if any of those shiekhdoms are going to fall off, what can we do?

Bahrain and Oman are exceptions since they always have politically aligned with us over other GCC states which have had a more commercial relationship with us.

I'd be happy to see a polar influence from India but it seems unlikely as Arab wealth from resources decrease.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom