What's new

Felt insulted, humiliated standing in court for first time, reveals Pervez

I'll take this as his admission of arrogance.
I think some context is needed with respect to the whole interview that Musharraf gave on CNN.

He did follow on to say:

“But then I started thinking to myself that I have been saying that everyone is equal in the eyes of law. So I thought to myself, well, I have been saying this. The law applies to me also. So may be, would be upset for other - that you yourself got involved,” said the former military ruler.

When asked if he trusted the judicial system, Musharraf said one has to face all the consequences.

“I know, my conviction is that there is nothing against me. And there were arrest warrants that were issued, for my non-appearance in the court,” he said.

“Now when I appeared on the cases in the court, there shouldn’t be a reason for my arrest. And we should proceed with the cases. As far as the cases are concerned, they are politicised and there’s nothing against me. From any point of view, there is nothing against me. So therefore, with that conviction, I’ll face the courts,” he said.​

Gulf-Times

I don't think it's unusual for someone who has served for his country for 40+ years, in wars, in the SSG, as CJCSC, as COAS, as Head of State to feel 'humiliated' as he's mentioned.

But, then he has come back and faced the courts, and also mentioned that everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. For that he deserves some credit, as many didn't expect him to.

It would be much better if instead of taking the reins of power he had held elections approximately 6 months after he deposed Nawaz Sharif and allowed new political parties to gain influence and come to the fore. That would be an example of a very honourable general.

Instead he fell into the old trap, that old "I can do for my country more than anyone else"... and that is where he lost it. It was all about "me, me and me". There are strongpoints in his rule as well such as the 8.4% growth rate in 2005. But still democracy should prevail.

It is a sad reality that democracy has brought some of the worst people to power but I believe we are at the cusp of a major change. Vote for PTI.

It would be much better if instead of taking the reins of power he had held elections approximately 6 months after he deposed Nawaz Sharif and allowed new political parties to gain influence and come to the fore. That would be an example of a very honourable general.

Instead he fell into the old trap, that old "I can do for my country more than anyone else"... and that is where he lost it. It was all about "me, me and me". There are strongpoints in his rule as well such as the 8.4% growth rate in 2005. But still democracy should prevail.

It is a sad reality that democracy has brought some of the worst people to power but I believe we are at the cusp of a major change. Vote for PTI.

what major change you expect from PTI when people like javed hashmi and SMQ are still elected unobjected and unopposed into the reins of PTI again

imran khan is also elected unopposed

Oh well... must be a culture shock for Musharraf. Afterall he used to be beyond any law of the land..

I think some context is needed with respect to the whole interview that Musharraf gave on CNN.

He did follow on to say:

“But then I started thinking to myself that I have been saying that everyone is equal in the eyes of law. So I thought to myself, well, I have been saying this. The law applies to me also. So may be, would be upset for other - that you yourself got involved,” said the former military ruler.

When asked if he trusted the judicial system, Musharraf said one has to face all the consequences.

“I know, my conviction is that there is nothing against me. And there were arrest warrants that were issued, for my non-appearance in the court,” he said.

“Now when I appeared on the cases in the court, there shouldn’t be a reason for my arrest. And we should proceed with the cases. As far as the cases are concerned, they are politicised and there’s nothing against me. From any point of view, there is nothing against me. So therefore, with that conviction, I’ll face the courts,” he said.​

Gulf-Times

I don't think it's unusual for someone who has served for his country for 40+ years, in wars, in the SSG, as CJCSC, as COAS, as Head of State to feel 'humiliated' as he's mentioned.

But, then he has come back and faced the courts, and also mentioned that everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. For that he deserves some credit, as many didn't expect him to.

these imran khan supporters who claim they have brought change should need to re assess themselves, for one claiming to change pthers needs to change himself for instance look how PTI fan boys talk, does it signify change? same mentality of hatred which btw their own leader taught to to insult others and taunt others, their leader also taught them not to question the supreme auhtority which imran khan is along with shah mehmood qureshi and javed hashmi and not his own background where he used to be a playboy, but hating all except imran khan is their goal, if imran takes U turn their fanboys will also take U turn

this is just blind following

Only the wearer knows where the shoe pinches!! High time Mush the great came down from his high horse and smelled mother Earth! :cheesy:

what major change you expect from PTI when people like javed hashmi and SMQ are still elected unobjected and unopposed into the reins of PTI again

imran khan is also elected unopposed

no matter what you say PTI is better than MQM! clearly because PTI never sat with zardari for 5 years in government and is not blamed for murder,extortion mobile theft & telephone calls from UK that shut down the whole city of karachi!

finally PTI leadership IS NOT UK NATIONAL OR LIVING IN UK! like your rajnikanth altaf!

no matter what you say PTI is better than MQM! clearly because PTI never sat with zardari for 5 years in government and is not blamed for murder,extortion mobile theft & telephone calls from UK that shut down the whole city of karachi!

finally PTI leadership IS NOT UK NATIONAL OR LIVING IN UK! like your rajnikanth altaf!

and what about imran begging from UK nationals to provide him party funds?

.... has said that he felt "a little insulted and humiliated" standing before a judge in a Karachi court......

What this SOB ought to be feeling is shame but since he has none his psychopath mind is overcompensating that with insult & humiliation!

and what about imran begging from UK nationals to provide him party funds?

BHATTA tou nahi leta naa! asking at GUN point is different from asking or appealing for funds!

Imran is not rich and if he asks people they help or not is choice! and people fund Imran willingly not forcefully!

when did Imran beg UK nationals for funds? please give proof!!!!!!

He doesn't seem to be proud this time. Standing before the judges must be a huge blow to the gargantuan ego of this midget. How can the Kim Jong-un of Pak be hold accountable before the same law he used to trample during his Rangeela-Shahi reign?

Does he think he is above the law?

Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf, who returned to the country after four years of self-imposed exile in Dubai and London, has said that he felt "a little insulted and humiliated" standing before a judge in a Karachi court, where he appeared to seek extension of his pre-arrest bail in a series of cases.

Musharraf, 69, who ruled the country for about a decade, following a military coup in which he overthrew Nawaz Sharif, appeared in a court in Karachi for the first time in his life, reports CNN.

Musharraf further said that there is no case against him, adding that the arrest warrants issued for him were for his non-appearance in the court. He also said that the cases against him are politicised.

Musharraf was required to appear in person in the court to extend the bail allowance. On March 22, a single-judge bench, headed by Chief Justice Mushir Alam, had granted a 10-day bail period to the former military dictator. The court extended by 15 days his pre-arrest bail period.

The court had also granted Musharraf a pre-arrest bail in the Akbar Bugti and former prime minister Benazir Bhutto murder cases.

Felt insulted, humiliated standing in court for first time, reveals Pervez Musharraf - World - DNA

Back
Top Bottom