What's new

Fears grow that PLA may test 'carrier killer'

over-long-ranged bomber will just scare off some weak but friendly neighbourhood of China, so they dont much prefer global strategic bombers like hegemonic soviet and usa did during cold-war era to create terror around the globe.
Bombers are for defence purposes, not to bomb your neighbours back to stone age, but bad hooligans surrounding your homeplace deserve this kinda treatment...

why is China using 1960’s bomber – Tu -16 clone Xian H-6 for this exercise.

20091124_a671d7293d42192521947BQYFBhckz5W.jpg

20091124_4c9491f4deb4780bbea0Vnom9m2n2k1R.jpg

20091124_c778c6943f8db23e208eGBY5wd6383Q3.jpg

20091124_a6035763a66961bfdb5bHLzXzxYqLi8g.jpg

2000km range and MACH 10 Speed??? Hypersonic ballistic Missile?? :blink:

Lets be Friends ...What say???
AnimatedSmileyWithDaisy.gif

Last edited:
2000km range and MACH 10 Speed??? Hypersonic Cruise Missile??

I believe your Indian lexicon has failed to help you understand his explaination of obvious ballistic missile characteristics. The missile is superior to the Brahmos in warhead weight (500K tons vs 300K grams), range (3000 km vs 290) and speed (Mach 10 vs 3).

Did the Indians here really believe that Russia would build them weapons that are superior to China's?

Last edited:
I believe your Indian lexicon has failed to help you understand his explaination of obvious ballistic missile characteristics. The missile is superior to the Brahmos in warhead weight (500Ktons vs 300Kgrams), range (3000km vs 290) and speed (Mach 10 vs 3).

Did the Indians here really believe that Russia would help them build weapons that are superior to China's?

Well, What wrong did I say??? oops, My bad I put cruise missile.. sorry... Its ballistic..hmnnn

The risk factor is there. A ballistic missile normally hits the upper atmosphere first and then proceeds towards its destination and then either falls down or maneuvers in according to its mission.

As soon as the ballistic missile is launched and it goes up wards(and is easily detected by AWACS), thats when most countries are preparing to trigger their response retaliation of nukes.

Either Chinese President would have to call up the enemy president and go like "Dude, we're not nuking you, just blowing up your ships, so don't freak out" each time they fire this.

It's tricky, indeed. But it just HAS to be tested kept aside and the doctrine to use it should be along similar lines as the doctrine to use nukes.

I double that. There is a risk factor involved since the missile is ballistic and it could trigger the false alarm. The use of these sort of missiles would be done in the case where political solutions are exhausted and hence there is more possibility that advesery out of desperation cross the nuclear threshold.

However having said that, I think China should go ahead with the test and perfect the technology. Once it is perfected then they have choice to make a decision.

Why always western countries make some weapon then it is for good and when others make it then it is bad ?

China should go ahead with it but it has to make sure this technology strictly remain within China and must be used when there is no other options left.

Western always used their ships to invade eastern waters, this time let them double think about it :)

Did the Indians here really believe that Russia would help them build weapons that are superior to China's? I just heard some Indians boasting the 5th most powerful navy in the world, without nuclear submarines... Let's win a naval war with just Brahmos and have our whole navy sunk by torpedoes...?

How many countries in the world operate Nuke submarines?? And How many countries in the world could make One???

All permanent members of the UNSC.

and Also the One Who has every single chance to be One... There You forgot India..

India has Operated Charlie Nuke submerine, nerpa is heading our way, Akula is Coming ... and of Course the Tiny Arihant 1

Well I don't think it's a good idea for PLA to test this missile in the open -- if it fails then PLA would look bad; if it succeeds then it would anger the US Navy and possibly trigger an arms race, either way there's no upside for it. Testing it in secret and keep the results to yourself is a different matter.

I double that. There is a risk factor involved since the missile is ballistic and it could trigger the false alarm. The use of these sort of missiles would be done in the case where political solutions are exhausted and hence there is more possibility that advesery out of desperation cross the nuclear threshold.

Sir i disagree here , it is quite possible that after success of this initial version of the missile, china will look into more options regarding the use of this missile in future.. Like it can be modified or upgraded in such a way that it can be launched from ships, from air, or from subs.. who knows what future updates are / will be in the list.. may be it will come up just like Brahmos is right now.. :toast_sign:

Its a easy target for SM-3. SM-3 was developed to destroy longer range missile than China's so called ASBM.

2000km range and MACH 10 Speed??? Hypersonic ballistic Missile?? :blink:

Lets be Friends ...What say???
AnimatedSmileyWithDaisy.gif

lol dude. why don;t you do some research before posting? Its very general for a 2000 km range ballistic missile to have a speed of Mach 10. There is nothing called 'hypersonic ballistic missile' all the ballistic missiles including our short range Prithvi is also hypersonic when reenter the atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom