What's new

Fearing chinese links,Indian troops on China border told to format smartphones, delete 42 apps

There are plenty of non-chinese options, Android (and iOS) itself is not chinese, and more than 70% phones are already being made in India, phone's components and security can be checked by professionals for use by security personnel, and as far as I know, security personnel of India already have restrictions on use of chinese phones.

And don't give me that idol, flag, toys crap, before 2004 we barely had much of business with china, it's just that UPA government allowed cheap chinese dumping on our shores, but we have already started cutting down on unnecessary dumping and developing large scale capacity for the things we need.
here comes the question again````how many other "options" does a primitive factor driven country with $5-per-day middle-class Indian really have?

LOL did they forget that the majority of the Indian smartphone market is held by Chinese companies, and any of the non-Chinese smartphones were either made in China or have components from China.

Same with any other piece of electronic equipment, or in fact any other manufactured consumer products. Including Indian flags and Indian religious idols.

Might as well go back to living in the forest if you want to get away from it.
Not every component has ability to make compromise your device. Its okay if battery comes from China so long SoC comes from South Korea.
Lastly, the biggest issue is always software. So long firmwares and OS/App are not Chinese, it will be much harder for any hacker to exploit these devices.

Actually best will be to ban use of smartphones near the places or for the people related to national security. Better to restrict personal devices to feature phone with no internet access.

How many Indians are using Indian browser in India?

Lolwa..
Are you aware, there is no 'Chinese browser' per say. Just a packaged version of WebKit. Lowla :lol:

Not at all, in fact Modi's government has brought the Indian trade deficit with China up to RECORD levels. :enjoy:

Did you know only 2 years ago the Indian smartphone market was dominated by local Indian companies like Micromax?

Today Micromax has vanished, and the majority of the Indian smartphone market is in the hands of 5 Chinese companies. Modi is pretty great. :P

As I said earlier slowly we are moving into other domain and anti-dumping is just one of the things :enjoy:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/chin...anti-dumping-duty-on-93-products-3929855.html

http://*********************/forum/...g-duty-on-u-s-china-solar-imports-govt.60926/

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/india-imposes-anti-dumping-duty-on-tempered-glass-from-china.513475/

There are plenty of non-chinese options, Android (and iOS) itself is not chinese, and more than 70% phones are already being made in India, phone's components and security can be checked by professionals for use by security personnel, and as far as I know, security personnel of India already have restrictions on use of chinese phones.

And don't give me that idol, flag, toys crap, before 2004 we barely had much of business with china, it's just that UPA government allowed cheap chinese dumping on our shores, but we have already started cutting down on unnecessary dumping and developing large scale capacity for the things we need.

Xiaomi has announced that is shipped more than 10 million smartphones in September, which is a record for the Chinese manufacturer. It managed to do so thanks to increased demand in India, where it sold one million devices in just two days during the Diwali festival.

In addition to China, India has been Xiaomi’s main market for the last few years. The company is currently the second largest player in the country and has a market share of 18 percent, with Samsung claiming the number-one spot (25 percent). It has a lot of great smartphones in its lineup that offer more value for money when compared with some of the bigger brands including LG, Sony, and others.

idc-report-759.jpg

17+13+8+7 = 45% of indian phone market is held by the chinese

That is excluding lesser known brands LMAO

So much for made in india. ITs a big fat lie :D

So much for made in india.

These are being made in India. They are also mandated to increase local component sourcing every year. In any case smartphones are western technology.

Last edited:
These are being made in India. They are also mandated to increase local component sourcing every year. In any case smartphones are western technology.

Not every component has ability to make compromise your device. Its okay if battery comes from China so long SoC comes from South Korea.
Lastly, the biggest issue is always software. So long firmwares and OS/App are not Chinese, it will be much harder for any hacker to exploit these devices.

Actually best will be to ban use of smartphones near the places or for the people related to national security. Better to restrict personal devices to feature phone with no internet access.

Are you aware, there is no 'Chinese browser' per say. Just a packaged version of WebKit. Lowla :lol:

1d99e384-3c2a-4b4c-bce2-8486cce91359.jpg

Huh? what confirmed?

Btw for 2016-2017, 40 bil$ of imports are electrical, electronics, chemicals, machinery, ships. So I reckon lower end cheap goods only account for 10bil$ of the surplus.
Those category are administrative. A night lamp and decorative light also comes under 'electrical'. So does a power converter and chargers. Very likely a lot of stuff being imported from China is low-tech and cheap. More like 30-40 billion.

Huh? what confirmed?

Those category are administrative. A night lamp and decorative light also comes under 'electrical'. So does a power converter and chargers. Very likely a lot of stuff being imported from China is low-tech and cheap. More like 30-40 billion.
A night lamp with an LED chip is low tech? It might be cheap, but LED chips are sophisticated electronics which mother India cannot manufacture. Btw, even your figures you posted do not add up to the right amount, I am guessing there are more information you are not showing? Btw, add up the umbrellas and low end products is around 4bil$, that's less than 10bil$, so my estimation is correct.

And your list does not include drug APIs and machineries which are supposed to rank 2nd and 3rd after electronics and electrical. Also forgetting roughly 3 bil$ worth of auto components imports.

Last edited:
A night lamp with an LED chip is low tech? It might be cheap, but LED chips are sophisticated electronics which mother India cannot manufacture. Btw, even your figures you posted do not add up to the right amount, I am guessing there are more information you are not showing? Btw, add up the umbrellas and low end products is around 4bil$, that's less than 10bil$, so my estimation is correct.

And your list does not include drug APIs and machineries which are supposed to rank 2nd and 3rd after electronics and electrical. Also forgetting roughly 3 bil$ worth of auto components imports.

Kids will always assume things that they have no clue on.

And they wonder why China is India's top trading partner :D

Back
Top Bottom