What's new

Fawad Chaudhry launches 'Pakistan's first official' moonsighting website

We are happy Mullah/molvi role is decreasing. Tolerance & acceptance will increase in society.
Whole nation will download government provided application on mobile and they can see it. Everybody will like to become advance.

So now mufti of pdf who hardly pray fajar namaz with jamat teach those scholar who serve their lives learning Islam.

Its good that they have website but tell.me one thing if there is mistake in sighting moon because this is not 100%. Even it happened in Saudia that besides having website.and calender.

It's a futile debate.

Moon sighting should still be done and evidence of sighting recorded - no need for scholars to be present.

Pakistan is not a small country. Sighting during Prophet PBUH time was done using multiple hills in different ares by many people, not just one spot.

Sighting from planes in Pakistan sky - now that's an interesting one. Does one need to be touching the earth when sighting?

So you haven’t read the Hadith where Hazoor Pak صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ﷺ said ‘follow the middle path’....

Middle path is division in sects where they abuse each other in khutbahs and won't pray in each others mosques?

It is dangerous to marry "science" with any kind of religion because "science" doesn't acknowledge the validity of any kind of religion, god or spirituality. I am a science guy that is why I know it. It is a dangerous path to justify "religion" with "science", the two are antagonist. Religion is all about blindly "believing" for spiritual reasons whereas science is all about "proving" by hardcore physical, mathematical, theoretical and experimental observations and evidences.

Last edited:
It's a futile debate.

Moon sighting should still be done and evidence of sighting recorded - no need for scholars to be present.

Pakistan is not a small country. Sighting during Prophet PBUH time was done using multiple hills in different ares by many people, not just one spot.

Sighting from planes in Pakistan sky - now that's an interesting one. Does one need to be touching the earth when sighting?

Middle path is division in sects where they abuse each other in khutbahs and won't pray in each others mosques?

Will discuss this in detail with you one day

It is dangerous to marry "science" with any kind of religion because "science" doesn't acknowledge the validity of any kind of religion, god or spirituality. I am a science guy that is why I know it. It is a dangerous path to justify "religion" with "science", the two are antagonist. Religion is all about blindly "believing" for spiritual reasons whereas science is all about "proving" by hardcore physical, mathematical, theoretical and experimental observations and evidences.
Your understanding of the relationship between science and religion aligns with Christianity as it has evolved today. In Islam, science and religion are not antagonistic.

Islam encourages us to learn about the observable universe. It inspires us to pursue knowledge of the sciences, and you will see that repeatedly in the religious texts.

Science, on the other hand, does not invalidate or disprove Islam. Science helps us understand how things work, and that strengthens our belief in intelligent design i.e. God and Islam.

Science falls short of giving us answers to the ultimate questions of "why". Islam provides us with that framework.

Your understanding of the relationship between science and religion aligns with Christianity as it has evolved today. In Islam, science and religion are not antagonistic.

Islam encourages us to learn about the observable universe. It inspires us to pursue knowledge of the sciences, and you will see that repeatedly in the religious texts.

Science, on the other hand, does not invalidate or disprove Islam. Science helps us understand how things work, and that strengthens our belief in intelligent design i.e. God and Islam.

Science falls short of giving us answers to the ultimate questions of "why". Islam provides us with that framework.

Science doesn't believe in any religion and that is a truth, all famous/top scientists are atheists these days and for most part of the history. No religion produces any kind of scientists. Religion is a "non-issue" for science and scientists, it is just treated as personal thing for a person for spiritual reasons.

It's a futile debate.

Yes it should be done by individuals as well that's why they collect shahadah of moon sighting. But how can we trust govt politicians in term of this who knows who is working on what agenda? and we have seen it all. You never know one who is sitting at high rank is qadiyani or what until it come out in public.

So it should be done in presence of mufti and if money is the problem that govt has to give out money. Sold 1 minister car which is around 36-40 lacs or don't pay at all but make one department where one announcement came out and that can be followed by all.

Fazool admi, fazool website, fazool panga.

The sighting of the moon is a tradition, it is sunnah and there is clear consensus from across the world that the Islamic calendar month is 30 days unless the moon is sighted on 29 days. The act of sighting is a sunnah. You cannot replace that.

I'll give you another example, why do we pray jummah at the jamia masjid? So the leadership could address the community. The khutba was the key to this tradition. In the era of video link maybe we should just pray zuhr at home or the office and watch the khutba later on?

This is not a matter of science or technology, but a matter of theology.

Its not Fazool of anything.

Some times we don´t realize the importance of theese things.
If the so called ulema was sensible enough to make sure that they could agree on relatively simple matters like when we should have Eid they could still have a saying on the issue. BUT when you can´t agree on these relatively simple matters then how on earth would you be able to agree on more serious matters?

One may not see the problem until it hits them: when you cant celebrate Eid on the same day as your beloved ones. When you call a family member just to figure out that they are fasting and you your self are celebrating Eid. Or when you have invited some to iftari and they have a different time calender so you cant even break the fast together!! Or when you live in a western country and you want to celebrate Eid and you cant tell your employer when you want to take a leave for EID - because you need to wait until the day before....

THEN you realize how difficult it is when the so called ulema are not that well knowing any way....

SO THERE IS NOTHING FAZOOL ABOUT THIS WEBSITE OR CALENDER

Why you using internet or electricity. Find a cave to live in and shun all modern technologies if you want to go back 1400 years.

Just like most mullahs you are another hypocrite.

Well I have found a cave - Pakistan :)

I moved from the UK to Pakistan to give my children an experience of a different way of life and to be closer to Islam, so I yes have downgraded my life and given up the luxuries and facilities which are taken for granted in the western world. And yes electricity too is not a given here ...we are at the mercy of MEPCO but الحمدلله my Lord is merciful and has made my path easy.

@Cash GK

Last edited:
Its not Fazool of anything.

Some times we don´t realize the importance of theese things.
If the so called ulema was sensible enough to make sure that they could agree on relatively simple matters like when we should have Eid they could still have a saying on the issue. BUT when you can´t agree on these relatively simple matters then how on earth would you be able to agree on more serious matters?

One may not see the problem until it hits them: when you cant celebrate Eid on the same day as your beloved ones. When you call a family member just to figure out that they are fasting and you your self are celebrating Eid. Or when you have invited some to iftari and they have a different time calender so you cant even break the fast together!! Or when you live in a western country and you want to celebrate Eid and you cant tell your employer when you want to take a leave for EID - because you need to wait until the day before....

THEN you realize how difficult it is when the so called ulema are not that well knowing any way....

SO THERE IS NOTHING FAZOOL ABOUT THIS WEBSITE OR CALENDER

How this website wil work? or what if on chand raat website is down? or app is down? will you take guarantee of it? Fawad said those who want to sight moon there is app for it they can login and check it well what if the server was down? and this will happen.

Website itself it's good for information but can't totally rely on technology.

Though the intentions are good, we cannot solely use a lunar calendar for deciding Islamic months. The sighting of the moon is Sunnah and the physical act (or bearing witness of this act) is established as mandatory by multiple fatwas.
We can however use this calendar to remove the controversy surrounding sighting of the moon and use it as an aid.

Then why there are imams for Azaan. From your logic, there should be recordings of Azan played at time of Namaz

No problem of inviting for prayer by recordings....
Are you aware that when the chickens in Denmark are slaughtered/ zibaa then the taqbeer is played - and this method has been accepted by the imaams...

The need for imam is for a different thing: A role model for one to live by... And i can tell you for sure that many imamms are not role models... Sorry to say but that´s fact...

Believe me I would be very happy if the only role of these bloody mullahs in society is to give Azaan and lead prayers. That's it.

These dogs have been given far too much importance just because they have a beard.

You obviously have not been taught respect otherwise you would not be calling ulema dogs. I pity your education ...all those years wasted in school....tarbiyat na paa sake....

If you knew the high status of the ulema in the eyes of our beloved Prophet Hazrat MUhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ﷺ , you would seek forgiveness from Allah

I understand and know there are Molvi’s who abuse their position but do not smear all scholars with the same brush

Though the intentions are good, we cannot solely use a lunar calendar for deciding Islamic months. The sighting of the moon is Sunnah and the physical act (or bearing witness of this act) is established as mandatory by multiple fatwas.
We can however use this calendar to remove the controversy surrounding sighting of the moon and use it as an aid.
Sorry to disagree bro...
Off course you can. Calender done on scientific observation hold its ground.
The same way you can argue: what if there are clouds for several days - then you can´t have eid???
ITS NOT MANDATORY to sight the moon for establishing a new month - or for that sake eid....

How this website wil work? or what if on chand raat website is down? or app is down? will you take guarantee of it? Fawad said those who want to sight moon there is app for it they can login and check it well what if the server was down? and this will happen.

Website itself it's good for information but can't totally rely on technology.

Every system has its flaws. BUT if you have done the calender once and for all you can actually tell when eid is in 2030 or 2130

Sorry to disagree bro...
Off course you can. Calender done on scientific observation hold its ground.
The same way you can argue: what if there are clouds for several days - then you can´t have eid???
ITS NOT MANDATORY to sight the moon for establishing a new month - or for that sake eid....

You may disagree but Islam is not based on our whims. Whatever is established in Sunnah is not for us to review.

Also for your analogy , there is no scenario where the entire country is under cloud cover for days. Thats why witness statements are also acceptable.

It IS mandatory . Please study the religion before jumping to conclusions. This is a religious issue in which one should consult religion first. Otherwise what’s the point?

Back
Top Bottom