What's new

Fawad Chaudhry launches 'Pakistan's first official' moonsighting website

Secularism has become legitimate with this government....the role of the ulema and shariat is being marginalised with this govt....Naya Pakistan.

I guess they won’t need an alim to read their janaza when they die...just put a YouTube video on the screen

No you don't need an Islamic scholar / mufti to read janaza! If there is, please reference to the specific commands in Quran and Hadith.

You don't need one for nikkah either. You don't need one for azaan in newborn baby ears either. You don't need one to lead a jammat!

And why are they using scientific equipment to sight the moon? Any Muslim scientist can do that. A scientist is an Alim too.

No you don't need an Islamic scholar / mufti to read janaza! If there is, please reference to the specific commands in Quran and Hadith.

You don't need one for nikkah either. You don't need one for azaan in newborn baby ears either. You don't need one to lead a jammat!

The problem my friend is that the majority of the population does not even know the proper way to do istanjha, how many or which fingers are used without googling it .....so how can u expect them to know the etiquette of leading janaza.

If we are honest how many Muslim members on PDF know what to read in the takbeeraats of janaza? Maybe a handful at the most?

Do you know how much blessing there is if a pious alim or a WaliUllah reads the azaan & takbeer in a newborns ears?

Science has its role and shariat has its own...both need to work in tandem with each other - but science can never supersede shariat

....I can raise 20 more points but i’l leave it that

Last edited:

And why are they using scientific equipment to sight the moon? Any Muslim scientist can do that. A scientist is an Alim too.

If we don't build websites relevant to our country others will do it for us. Then people like you will demand we censor those sites. Meanwhile the country will continue to remain backward.

He's basically replaced our expensive mullahs with a website. He's shown you that these bearded ones are redundant and of no use to anyone.

You misunderstood the hadith. The hadith states a month is 30 days unless the moon is sighted on 29th day. Traditionally this means we look for the moon. It doesn't have to be a molvi looking for it, anyone can as long as they are pious. Who deems how pious someone is? Read the link I posted it explains the different approaches taken in detail.

The hadith says nothing about when the new moon is born, but about when it can be sighted. It is completely possible for the moon to be "born" but not to be sighted. In that case you complete 30 days.

The problem my friend is that the majority of the population does not even know the proper way to do istanjha, how many or which fingers are used without googling it .....so how can u expect them to know the etiquette of leading janaza.

If we are honest how many Muslim members on PDF know what to read in the takbeeraats of janaza? Maybe a handful at the most?

That’s just one thing ....I can raise 20 more points but i’l leave it that

Yes I get all that but it's our own fault. We have outsourced the religious knowledge to a group or they've taken it or both.

Moon sighting rules are set. Everything can be recorded so a scholar doesn't need to see the moon for himself to declare. Their job is done at assisting in setting the rule.

Not long ago, it was the scholars who declared voice over telephone to be haram. There was a fatwa on that too. Same with azaan over speakers.

Yes I get all that but it's our own fault. We have outsourced the religious knowledge to a group or they've taken it or both.

Moon sighting rules are set. Everything can be recorded so a scholar doesn't need to see the moon for himself to declare. Their job is done at assisting in setting the rule.

Not long ago, it was the scholars who declared voice over telephone to be haram. There was a fatwa on that too. Same with azaan over speakers.

Well no one is stopping you learning it. Rather than attack ppl who have spent their lives learning a branch/field of knowledge...get away from the keyboard and sit at the feet of a learned scholar ... after all it was these people who taught you how to read the Quran

You misunderstood the hadith. The hadith states a month is 30 days unless the moon is sighted on 29th day. Traditionally this means we look for the moon. It doesn't have to be a molvi looking for it, anyone can as long as they are pious. Who deems how pious someone is? Read the link I posted it explains the different approaches taken in detail.

The hadith says nothing about when the new moon is born, but about when it can be sighted. It is completely possible for the moon to be "born" but not to be sighted. In that case you complete 30 days.

Define pious? How can you actually determine that a religious scholar is actually pious?

Pious in this context would mean truthful. Having a religious scholar doesn't automatically mean one is truthful yet not having one doesn't automatically make one a liar.

Sighting the moon can be done from various parts of the country. Don't need for scholars to do the sighting.

You can sight the moon yourself and decide to celebrate Eid whenever you want. The rest of the country will celebrate it on 5th June. Deal with it.

We'll see. If the moon is sighted, Eid will be on the 5th, other than that the only people doing it will be followers of popalzai who always get tired of full 30 Rozay, and PTI fan boys.

True followers of the Ahle sunnah wal jammat will never abandon the sunnah. Even living in the UK we adhere to it. We're not going to have a no mark lota who's been pushed into his second role in less than 12 months, decide which hadith to accept or neglect.

Define pious? How can you actually determine that a religious scholar is actually pious?

Pious in this context would mean truthful. Having a religious scholar doesn't automatically mean one is truthful yet not having one doesn't automatically make one a liar.

Sighting the moon can be done from various parts of the country. Don't need for scholars to do the sighting.

Have you read the article I posted, it gives you clear examples.

We'll see. If the moon is sighted, Eid will be on the 5th, other than that the only people doing it will be followers of popalzai who always get tired of full 30 Rozay, and PTI fan boys.

True followers of the Ahle sunnah wal jammat will never abandon the sunnah. Even living in the UK we adhere to it. We're not going to have a no mark lota who's been pushed into his second role in less than 12 months, decide which hadith to accept or neglect.

@313ghazi

Glad to be acquainted with a fellow sunni :-)

These ppl won’t read the any proofs we provide them, their minds are already set

Ok good luck

By the looks of things though, it should be possible to see the moon on the 29th night, so I expect Eid will be on Wednesday the 5th.

Of courses adherers to the sunnah will be visually checking to confirm that worldwide.

Well no one is stopping you learning it. Rather than attack ppl who have spent their lives learning a branch/field of knowledge...get away from the keyboard and sit at the feet of a learned scholar ... after all it was these people who taught you how to read the Quran

I'm not attacking anyone. That's just your perception.

I listen to learned men but I am completely against these various schools and sects. I am a Muslim and that's it, no barelvi no deoband no wahabi and no whatever else.

There's absolutely no provision of such divisions in Quran and Hadith.

I'm not attacking anyone. That's just your perception.

I listen to learned men but I am completely against these various schools and sects. I am a Muslim and that's it, no barelvi no deoband no wahabi and no whatever else.

There's absolutely no provision of such divisions in Quran and Hadith.

So you haven’t read the Hadith where Hazoor Pak صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ﷺ said ‘follow the middle path’....

So now mufti of pdf who hardly pray fajar namaz with jamat teach those scholar who serve their lives learning Islam.

Its good that they have website but tell.me one thing if there is mistake in sighting moon because this is not 100%. Even it happened in Saudia that besides having website.and calender.

This guy Fawad hussain chaudry used to write columns in 2001 and 2002 in Jang urdu newspaper, I used to read his columns during those days and I always found him extremely anti-religion and anti-islam, he is a true kala angraiz type of person. I always see his actions with regards to religious matters with "suspicion", this guy has no love for either eid or anything else related to islam. He is just doing all these shenanigans to be in the limelight and news. The guy has no love to "ease" any muslim tradition at all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom