What's new

Favourite National Anthems?

desimorty

Reaction score
So a thread of national anthems. Bring some nice band music though.
Mine not in order but list as for me.
Canada. Nice instrumental, and exceptional.

Afghanistan. Songs very good even when sung.

India. For obvious reasons sounds like bollywood song.

Russia. Sounds horrible at first, but can really be quite something.

So a thread of national anthems. Bring some nice band music though.
Mine not in order but list as for me.
India. For obvious reasons sounds like bollywood song.

Jay Haiiiii, Jay Haiiii, Jay Haiiiiii

Jay Jay Jay, Jayyy Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... :victory::victory::victory::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::taz::taz::taz::taz:

After these 2 lines, people starts shouting and having goose-bumps is just magical..:smitten::smitten::smitten:

My two absolute favourites

South Africa - Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika

Sung in six languages

And Japan - Kimigayo

1. Japan
2. India
3. China (People's Republic)
4. United States
5. Confederacy (CSA); love that dixieland anthem !

heard this song back in 2008 when i attended a historical tour in gettysburg , pa, usa.

sent goosebumps down my back, and sat down next to a confederacy reenactment band just to listen to the song multiple times.

i love US history, i admit.

Didn't know SA anthem was that good. Still need the lyrics though.
As for Japan, yea, I almost forgot how good its is.

As for China's, No offence but its sounds like the anthem of the USSR states. Should have had some original Chinese in it.

Here is the emporor of Japan in India. And the the anthem is wonderful. Humble man, if I can say so.

BD -Amar Sonar Bangla.You should listen to it.No crunchy nationalism or political slogan.Just the land it's nature and it's people.It's like a poetry written to listen like you are passing through a green paddy field, hearing feeling the sounds of streaming river.The sound of tranquility.The lyrics written by R Tagore.Melody inspired by Bengals own folk Vatiali and Baul melody.

Japan - Kimigayo.Just awesome.Inspiring, Soulful,you will feel so peaceful like you are floating in space.

Nepal- a anthem inspired by folk song of Nepal.In ideal example for all to see how a national anthem should really be like.

And South Africa, Uruguay.

Kuwait- The song is not very unique considering other Arab States anthems but I have a thing for trumpets.

Last edited:
I love the Russian national anthem, despite it's communist origins. It's good the lyrics have been changed to non-communist ones and the music is moving.

It's hard not to be stirred by the French national anthem.

It's impossible not to put my own country's first though, although it's difficult to sing. It requires quite a vocal range to sing well.

I don't know of any American though who is not deeply moved by what become our unofficial second national anthem after the 9/11 attacks. Here is the best example of that, sung by the performer who made it so, just a month after that terrible tragedy, at our national pastime...

:usflag:

Didn't know SA anthem was that good. Still need the lyrics though.
As for Japan, yea, I almost forgot how good its is.

Kimigayo is one of the oldest regards to it's lyrics

Here is another of my favorite the Welsh anthem - Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau

Also most posters tend to favor their own national anthems due to patriotism.. I'm just going only on the music scores and it's impact on neutral listeners.. I actually think the Sri Lankan and Australian anthems two countries that i represent doesn't do justice.. Have to say atleast the instrumental version of the Lankan one is a bit better

There is another ongoing thread about the same subject, If you're interested.. Top 10 most beautiful national anthems (Intrumental)

La. Marseillaise

Gotta be the BEST words. All about cutting the enemies throats and watering French fields with their blood...organic farming french style.

everything a proper national anthem should be. Love it.

To arms citizens Form your battalions
March, march
Let impure blood
Water our furrow

@flamer84 @jamahir @MaarKhoor @Zibago @Nilgiri
The Romanian national anthem (desteapta te romane) is fantastic anthem, my personal favorite.

i won't be able to give you my opinion presently because my monthly download limit is almost depleted... on the 1st or 2nd i will recharge and then tag you here. :)

on second thoughts, on seeing the psychopathic post of 'sky lord' just above, i will steer clear of this thread.

i will find a song that speaks of internationalism and human-race-as-one... that one will be superior to any of the nationalist presentations here... i am sick and tired of nationalism.

@flamer84 @jamahir @MaarKhoor @Zibago @Nilgiri
The Romanian national anthem (desteapta te romane) is fantastic anthem, my personal favorite.

Its interesting they make the connection to the Romans (invaders who conquered the local "indigenous" Dacians and Celtics). Though I guess their language is latin -based (I actually recognise many of the words with their French cognates)...so that is the side they derive their heritage from...even though Romans iirc were only there for around 200 years. Guess it explains the name "Romania" too :P

i will find a song that speaks of internationalism and human-race-as-one... that one will be superior to any of the nationalist presentations here... i am sick and tired of nationalism.

You're welcome :P

I will never forget this awesome scene:

Its interesting they make the connection to the Romans (invaders who conquered the local "indigenous" Dacians and Celtics). Though I guess their language is latin -based (I actually recognise many of the words with their French cognates)...so that is the side they derive their heritage from...even though Romans iirc were only there for around 200 years. Guess it explains the name "Romania" too :P

You're welcome :P

I will never forget this awesome scene:

Their anthem also contains the word dushman (enemies) probably a Turkish word, I suspect ethnically they are the descendants of the conquered Dacians with little influence from roman legions.kudos friend.

Back
Top Bottom