What's new

FATA Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame on Gen musharaf for killing of Col Haroon .Remember he was killed by back side by the order of general musharaf.

All officers of army know about story of his killing.

Pakistan army need general like Gen Amir hamza, Gen Javad Nasir,Gen Akhtar Abdul RAhman.

They are real heros

At the moment your all mouth and no substance making ridiculous claims which I have yet to see you back up with a credible source and not your own delusions.

Remember he was killed by back side by the order of general musharaf.

until his shadat i thing gen.mush dont know his name.ofter his shadat i thing mush order to clean sweep.other wise any your rubish post have proove when pak army kill each others in commando action ? are you drunk or mad.one shahed who lead opration is killed by his jawans what a bad think of radicals

All officers of army know about story of his killing.
without us i think its first time in my life who inform me this BS

Gen Akhtar Abdul RAhman.

DON'T USE HIS NAME i love him and he is my favrite.remember gen.akhter love pakistan not like you mr.talibani agent

Well let talk about your favrite.

Gen Akhtar was the master mind of afghan gurilla war fare.He trained basically these mujahdeen converted to talaban.

He God father of your favrite talaban.

Atleast respect his students if you respect him.

Tommorrow if america said talaban are hero ,then what you do.

Please dont follow american and their media is propagating totally wrong informations.

if these talaban are terrorist why regan gave them guard of houner after afghan war.

They are same mujahdeen difference is now they are fighting against american intrest.

Please use your common sense.

Saudi to put almost 1,000 in dock for Qaeda trials

Tuesday, 21 Oct, 2008 | 04:35 PM PST |

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia said it plans to put in the dock almost 1,000 defendants in the first trials of Al-Qaeda suspects after more than five years of deadly Islamist violence.
“We have started to bring before the judiciary 991 people implicated in various incidents,” Interior Minister Prince Nayef bin Abdul Aziz told the official SPA news agency late on Monday.
“Each case will be examined in stages,” the minister said, without giving a date for the start of the trials being held in the Saudi capital Riyadh.
US-based Human Rights Watch said it was seeking authorisation from the Saudi authorities to send observers to the trials, saying justice must be seen to be done.
OPEC powerhouse Saudi Arabia has faced a string of attacks against Western targets and oil facilities since May 2003 and hundreds of suspected Islamist sympathisers have been arrested.
Giving a first-ever official toll, Prince Nayef said the wave of attacks in the ultra-conservative Muslim kingdom had killed a total of 90 civilians -- both foreigners and Saudis, and 74 members of the security forces.
He said 657 members of the security forces and 439 civilians had been wounded in the attacks, adding that security forces had foiled more than 160 “terrorist operations.”Three tonnes of explosives and more than 25 tonnes of possible bomb-making materials had been seized.
HRW said it was seeking permission from Riyadh to attend the trials of 70 defendants who were in court on Monday for the first time “to face charges of acts of domestic rebellion.””Neutral observers should monitor trials of such national and international importance,” Kenneth Roth, executive director of the New York-based group, said in a statement.
“For justice to be done, it has to be fair, and to be seen as fair.”HRW said it has written to Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal seeking authorisation to enter the country for the trials.
The Saudi daily Asharq Al-Awsat said tight security measures have been put in place around the Riyadh courthouse. Six judges have started work and another six are to be appointed for the trials, expected to last several months.
Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was born in Saudi Arabia although he has since been stripped of his nationality. Fifteen of the 19 plotters of the September 2001 attacks in the United States were Saudis.
HRW said Saudi Arabia, which has no written penal code, held about 3,000 suspected militants in its intelligence detention facilities for years without charge or access to legal counsel.
In November 2007, it freed 1,500 suspects after a re-education programme, it said. “Hundreds of new suspects, possibly more than 1,000, have been arrested since, however, leaving between 2,000 and 3,000 suspects in detention.”

wich you have info abut gen.akhter i thing nothing so please forget i engage with you on this topic i have his whole life in my mind

You have good knowledge bank.But to analyse the topic correctly you need also need practical experience.

I mean You can learn swiming by reading.

Thanks.

You have good knowledge bank.But to analyse the topic correctly you need also need practical experience.

I mean You can learn swiming by reading.

Thanks.

thanks man but i think a few people know him very well.i don't think you know him very well.he was first one also to advice gen zia now the time is send back these mujahids these are dangrus for securty then we send back 800 arabs back with power.remember he was most seccesfull genral of pakistan army i never change my avator because i love him

I admire your feelings for pakistan and for brave soilders

lol, so now all those "sold out" and "womenz sluttering" soldiers become brave, eh waraich66?:cheesy:

PESHAWAR, Oct 21 (APP): The Security Forces Tuesday successfully intercepted a suicidal explosive laden vehicle in Kabal and destroyed it before reaching to the target. An official of ISPR-run Swat Media Centre told APP that the vehicle was heading towards Sirsenai in Kabal Tehsil where security forces were engaging the miscreants.

Meanwhile, he said that a convoy of Frontier constabulary (FC) and Police hit a roadside Improvised Explosive Device (IED) near Sirsenai area of Kabal when they were moving from Kabal to Totano Banda.

The troops immediately retaliated with fire and during exchange of fire, five miscreants were killed including their local commander known as “Chotta Mufti”. Two vehicles of FC were also damaged in the explosion.

U.S. Strike Is Said to Kill Qaeda Figure in Pakistan

By PIR ZUBAIR SHAH

Published: October 17, 2008

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — A missile attack from a remotely piloted American aircraft is believed to have killed a senior member of Al Qaeda in South Waziristan on Thursday, a former member of a militant group in the region said in an interview.

The operative, Khalid Habib, an Egyptian who was chief of operations in Pakistan’s tribal region, is described by the Central Intelligence Agency as the fourth-ranking person in the Qaeda hierarchy.

The attack, on the village of Taparghai, killed four people, some of them Arabs, according to initial reports on Thursday.

A Pakistani intelligence official declined Friday to confirm the death of Mr. Habib. An American official involved in the campaign against Al Qaeda in Pakistan’s tribal areas said he could not confirm the report that Mr. Habib had died. It often takes American officials some time to determine the success or failure of attacks by remotely piloted aircraft in the rugged and remote terrain of the tribal areas.

Mr. Habib recently moved to Taparghai from Wana, the capital of South Waziristan, which is in an area that the Americans have been attacking with increasing frequency. Their primary goal is to break the militant network there related to Sirajuddin Haqqani, a Taliban leader closely allied to Al Qaeda, the former member of the militant group said.

Mr. Habib had relocated to Taparghai expressly to avoid missile strikes, the former militant said. The area around Taparghai is near Makin, a base of Baitullah Mehsud, the chief of the Pakistani Taliban.

Mr. Habib was in a parked Toyota station wagon, a favored vehicle of the militants in the tribal area, when he was hit by the missile, the former member of the militant group said.

A resident of the village said in a telephone interview that the man killed in the attack seemed to be “important.” He was known in the village as Zalfay, the resident said. The name means “long hair” in Pashto, the language spoken in the area.

The number of American missile strikes aimed at Qaeda operatives in North Waziristan and South Waziristan has risen sharply in the last six weeks — there have been 11 since early September, according to the Council on Foreign Relations.

The Bush administration is trying to stop the militants from crossing the border and carrying out raids against American soldiers in southern Afghanistan. Officials in Washington have also said they are concerned that Taliban and Qaeda operatives are plotting new attacks against the United States and Europe from their sanctuaries in Pakistan’s tribal areas.

The missile strikes are conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency but are for the most part coordinated with Pakistan’s government, according to American officials. But that cooperation does not extend to ground operations.

In September, a raid by American Special Forces in South Waziristan against what the Americans said were Qaeda forces set off a storm of protest. After that raid, Pakistan’s military threatened to resist any such incursions by force.

There have been few protests by people in the tribal region against the airstrikes, apparently because those killed have mostly been Arab and Uzbek members of Al Qaeda, not Pakistanis.

It had been nearly two years since the last missile attack in the area where Mr. Habib was killed. That attack, on Jan. 16, 2007, killed about 10 militants, most of them Arabs, in a Qaeda training camp in Zamazola. Mr. Mehsud, the Pakistani Taliban chief, vowed to avenge the death by directing a number of suicide bomb attacks against Pakistani military installations.

Eric Schmitt contributed reporting from Washington.

http://www.nytimes.com

Last edited:
Reactions: S-2
"The number of American missile strikes aimed at Qaeda operatives in North Waziristan and South Waziristan has risen sharply in the last six weeks — there have been 11 since early September, according to the Council on Foreign Relations."

The article suggests a couple of points- 1.) U.S. attacks DO occur in S. Waziristan. Evidently Mehsud's turf isn't as "protected" from PREDATOR as some here have suggested and, 2.) P.A. operations and PREDATOR strikes have stirred up a hornet's nest further north and they're now running. That makes them vulnerable. They've got to communicate and establish new safe-houses and travel to them. They become vulnerable during these periods and are more easily targeted.

Another one bites the dust...:tup:;)

Al Qaeeda Strategy or line of action by hitting hiting american and allied target is right but they should kill innocent peoples.

But shame on US and allied forces that even have courage to use manned fighter plan.

Look their cheap coward mentality that they using unmanned aircrafts to kill talaban.

They know that accuracy is less than 5% percent but still they are doning this shamefull act.

I think american will also talk with osama after talaban.

"They know that accuracy is less than 5% percent but still they are doning this shamefull act."

Just lucky I guess...:yahoo:

"I think american will also talk with osama after talaban."

Do you know where he is such that he can say hello to an American? I've two in mind- Smith and Wesson. Ever heard of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom