What's new

Fasting Restricted for Government Employees and Students in Xinjiang

I don't agree with it personally.

I have always stated that Chinese government policy in Xinjiang has failed, usually from being too soft, or targeting the wrong things (fasting for example is irrelevant to security).

Anyway, I'm not sure why you guys are always so interested in our internal affairs. When was the last time we complained about your internal affairs regarding minorities

What happens to mind your own business approach when the entire forum is discussing the minority issues of Pakistan? ? All these idiots crying shia crap and Baloch crap..why did it sting so much when it comes to you.
If banning harmless religious activities is the way you deal with your minority problems then all these people are totally right to debate and disagree

What happens to mind your own business approach when the entire forum is discussing the minority issues of Pakistan? ? All these idiots crying shia crap and Baloch crap..why did it sting so much when it comes to you.

Yeah, Indians are always complaining about Pakistan's internal affairs regarding minorities, they do the same to us, but that makes sense since they consider us to be their enemies/rivals.

And then they wonder why some Uyghurs resort to violence. If such policies are used and democratically you have no voice, i might go mad one day too. China's policy regarding Uyghurs seems to come down to; shut up and slowly assimilate through the decades/centuries or eat lead if you try to open your mouth. No, i dont hate China, but some things should be criticized. For usual childish counter criticism attempts about Kurds and Armenians, please visit Turkish section, so that this topic wont go off topic.

Their country their rules allow full religious freedom!! But they are depriving people of it and thats wrong .. are you saying it is correct to do this..
How would all the hindus of Pakistan react if all the temples are brought down and how would all the sikhs react if the govt would not allow them to visit guru nanak? ?
Religion and its practices unless harmful is a persons oown matter and I .don't think fasting hurts anyone ..
Its actually pretty close to that in Pakistan.

This is really tragic to hear.I do not understand that in what sense,could such stance may benefit Chinese regime?
What is the reason behind suppressing Chinese Muslims to follow their religious custom? Is fasting a cause of terrorism? bewilderment? or does fasting will make them beast?
Instead,fasting will evoke a sense of discipline and patience, care for poors and for people who are dying of hunger.
Anyways,it is really sad to read that.
Regards

I think both @Chinese-Dragon & You misunderstood one another - No need to fight over it ! :)

Though he is correct - Its none of our business just as our internal affairs are none of their business !

I was mostly referring to the posts by @Pak_Sher and @DiehardPakNerd on this thread.

<MOD EDIT> I've removed material about Filipino maid discussion in order to remove such posts subsequent to this post <MOD EDIT>

This is really tragic to hear.I do not understand that in what sense,could such stance may benefit Chinese regime?
What is the reason behind suppressing Chinese Muslims to follow their religious custom? Is fasting a cause of terrorism? bewilderment? or does fasting will make them beast?
Instead,fasting will evoke a sense of discipline and patience, care for poors and for people who are dying of hunger.
Anyways,it is really sad to read that.
Regards

Thank you for your very reasonable post. I also believe that fasting is a good thing, that can improve self-discipline in the same way that meditation or prayer can do.

I see zero logical reason to connect fasting with any kind of extremist behaviour, it makes no sense at all.

But it's not surprising, Chinese government policy in Xinjiang has been a complete disaster for a long time now, despite multiple purges of top officials there. Public anger is on the verge of boiling over regarding this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their country their rules allow full religious freedom!! But they are depriving people of it and thats wrong .. are you saying it is correct to do this..
How would all the hindus of Pakistan react if all the temples are brought down and how would all the sikhs react if the govt would not allow them to visit guru nanak? ?
Religion and its practices unless harmful is a persons oown matter and I .don't think fasting hurts anyone ..
Who are you and me to say they should allow religious freedom? If only muslims are not allowed to practice their religion and others are allowed, then it's fine...your concerns are valid. But China is not a secular nation. It is a communist one. So, what is the big deal if a communist nation doesnot allow a religious practice?

Religious freedom? This is all grandiose and idealistic, but when some religion can be radicalized and create internal conflicts in a nation, I think the government can choose safety to all its citizens over religious freedom in long term.

You know what, I am more and more hardened by all those attacks. I would rather choose a uniform nation with no different religions and conflicts than a free nation with all terrorist attacks. Who knows what will happen in 50 years, or 100 years if we let religion to be further radicalized.

Religious freedom? This is all grandiose and idealistic, but when some religion can be radicalized and create internal conflicts in a nation, I think the government can choose safety to all its citizens over religious freedom in long term.

You know what, I am more and more hardened by all those attacks. I would rather choose a uniform nation with no different religions and conflicts than a free nation with all terrorist attacks. Who knows what will happen in 50 years, or 100 years if we let religion to be further radicalized.
Your post shows that you are a radical yourself.

Your post shows that you are a radical yourself.

Yes, I am advocating absolute safety to all citizens in long term if you think this is radical. I would rather be a radical of absolute safety than a radical that kill innocents in the name of religion.

I remember how Muslims across the world jumped up because of minaret initiative in Switzerland which didnt affected the life of muslims here anyway.

Interesting to see how many Muslims agree with China on this subject, im sure the hell would break out if this happened somewhere in the west.

Please leave him alone. He does not have anything other than to comment on other countries internal issues.
Of course because this forum is your grand daddy's right? When did you stick to India instead of poking your nose where you have never been or are not related to?

I remember how Muslims across the world jumped up because of minaret initiative in Switzerland which didnt affected the life of muslims here anyway.

Interesting to see how many Muslims agree with China on this subject, im sure the hell would break out if this happened somewhere in the west.
The term is called hypocrisy friend

whats the CCP gonna do force feed them or go behind them and see if they are having food or not.
These kind of things dont achive much but instead becomes seeds for bigger problem for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom