What's new

Fastest Howitzer in The World - Archer Artillery System

By my experience in the field of weapons archer cannot handle heat of asia
Heat, Dust and sand along with humid conditions but if they used weatherproof materials and fine steel and mechanics as simple as AK-47 (loose and workable under extreme conditions) it will prove very lethal force multiplier.

Heat, Dust and sand along with humid conditions but if they used weatherproof materials and fine steel and mechanics as simple as AK-47 (loose and workable under extreme conditions) it will prove very lethal force multiplier.
Exactly the point. G6 is designed for long range operations across hot/dirt/humid and far away.

It has seen actions across Angola, Namibia, Morroco, Iraq and other theaters.

See this video for sustained fire rate.

Exactly the point. G6 is designed for long range operations across hot/dirt/humid and far away.

It has seen actions across Angola, Namibia, Morroco, Iraq and other theaters.

See this video for sustained fire rate.
In person "the Beast" is even more awe-inspiring.

I think the most charming feature of this gun the short time <30 sec to fire and same for scooting from there making the enemy perplexed about the location of the gun and being highly automated very less crew and fast operation in everything. I would say 30 of these can add quite a punch.

So, how exactly does it DIFFER from e.g. PzH2000 or Archer, in order to make it suited for hot/dirty/humid/far away operartion?

I think the most charming feature of this gun the short time <30 sec to fire and same for scooting from there making the enemy perplexed about the location of the gun and being highly automated very less crew and fast operation in everything. I would say 30 of these can add quite a punch.
Pzh2000 howitzer can stop, fire and redeploy in less than two minutes.
Archer: 30 second deployment, 30 seconds redeployment, plus x-time for firing x-rounds
Sounds pretty similar to me (depends of course on how many rounds you put on target).

Four rounds in about 18 seconds...

Four rounds in about 28 seconds.

So, how exactly does it DIFFER from e.g. PzH2000 or Archer, in order to make it suited for hot/dirty/humid/far away operartion?

Pzh2000 howitzer can stop, fire and redeploy in less than two minutes.
Archer: 30 second deployment, 30 seconds redeployment, plus x-time for firing x-rounds
Sounds pretty similar to me (depends of course on how many rounds you put on target).

Four rounds in about 18 seconds...

Four rounds in about 28 seconds.
I mean the most important thing is that how quickly the gun can fire and change its position before the enemy can find out its position. because the moment you fire, it reveals your position and enemy would immediately retaliate so a quick and precise gun with smaller dia would be more effective than a big massive but immovable and slow gun that may be destroyed in retaliation by the enemy. Plus a few very quick guns firing at enemy and changing positions quickly can be quite frustrating for the enemy; giving an impression of a larger number of artillery guns than present.

I mean the most important thing is that how quickly the gun can fire and change its position before the enemy can find out its position. because the moment you fire, it reveals your position and enemy would immediately retaliate so a quick and precise gun with smaller dia would be more effective than a big massive but immovable and slow gun that may be destroyed in retaliation by the enemy. Plus a few very quick guns firing at enemy and changing positions quickly can be quite frustrating for the enemy; giving an impression of a larger number of artillery guns than present.
I quite understood that already.

Pzh2000 appears 4:07, stops 4:45, fires first shot 5.13 (i.e. time into action about 28 seconds), 5:27 second shot, 5: 39 third shot (i.e. 2 additional shots in 26 seconds > 1 shot per 13 seconds > almost 5 rounds per minute).

You see how barrel support unlocks automatically (will also relock automatically): after last shot its simply turning the turret to 12 oclock while lowering the barrel, relock it automatically and drive.

You see the autoloader in action, with the barrel moving between loading position and (higher angle) firing position

ANother here. Stops at 0.44, ready to fire 1.09 (25 seconds)

Now ARCHER

Vehice appears 1:39. Stops 1.54. Fires 2.19 (25 sec), Moves again 2.47 (28 sec)

Another Archer. Vehicle appears 1.05. Stops 1.12. First shot 1.50 (ie. 38 seconds after stopping). Second shot 2;00. Third shot 2.11, moves 2.47 (i.e. 35 seconds to start redeploying)

Donar

Pzh2000 firing fast (12 rounds under 60 secs)

I quite understood that already.

Pzh2000 appears 4:07, stops 4:45, fires first shot 5.13 (i.e. time into action about 28 seconds), 5:27 second shot, 5: 39 third shot (i.e. 2 additional shots in 26 seconds > 1 shot per 13 seconds > almost 5 rounds per minute).

You see how barrel support unlocks automatically (will also relock automatically): after last shot its simply turning the turret to 12 oclock while lowering the barrel, relock it automatically and drive.

You see the autoloader in action, with the barrel moving between loading position and (higher angle) firing position

ANother here. Stops at 0.44, ready to fire 1.09 (25 seconds)

Now ARCHER

Vehice appears 1:39. Stops 1.54. Fires 2.19 (25 sec), Moves again 2.47 (28 sec)

Another Archer. Vehicle appears 1.05. Stops 1.12. First shot 1.50 (ie. 38 seconds after stopping). Second shot 2;00. Third shot 2.11, moves 2.47 (i.e. 35 seconds to start redeploying)

Donar

Pzh2000 firing fast (12 rounds under 60 secs)
Great work man... it is important to break through thce marketing figures and extract the required info since every manufacturer markets the best characteristics/figures.
  • It is also important to factor in the max range for two reasons (1) the most obvious the longer the distance the gun can destrorey the targets the better, (2) other just came to my mind is the longer range means, the gun has more time to scoot from one firing position to the other before enemy can detect it so a slower gun with longer max range would be equally or even more effective than a faster gun with shorter max range
  • The cost is also an important factor to consider but that I think a faster and longer range but a more expensive gun has more chances of survivability than a cheaper lower range and slower gun ...it is a kind of trade-off study that also requires consideration of the battle field terrain, target types, etc
so there are actually quite a lot of variables that need to be taken into account before making the final decision. A right gun for the job will be the best gun :)

By my experience in the field of weapons archer cannot handle heat of asia

Its predecessor (Haubits-77) made India very happy.
India was in Asia, last time I looked at the map.
Pakistan was less happy, but not because the performance was bad.

Incidently, the Bofors Artillery Locating Radar was leased out to the U.K.
for use in Afghanistan, and worked very well.
This stuff is designed according to specifications which covers both cold
and warm conditions.

Its predecessor (Haubits-77) made India very happy.
India was in Asia, last time I looked at the map.
Pakistan was less happy, but not because the performance was bad.

Incidently, the Bofors Artillery Locating Radar was leased out to the U.K.
for use in Afghanistan, and worked very well.
This stuff is designed according to specifications which covers both cold
and warm conditions.
Är du säket indien var i Asien när du kollat?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom