What's new

Fast fact: Influenza(not Coronavirus) death rate in China is almost exactly the same as the US (low)

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure why the Chinese members are suddenly focusing on Influenza stats/stories in the US when the figures show the death rate in China (14.69) is almost exactly the same as the US (14.91) and both countries are far lower than average.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/influenza-pneumonia/by-country/

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 12.17.33 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 12.20.09 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-02-08 at 12.21.00 AM.jpg

Last edited:
This large ongoing quarantine and prevetion measures in China can greatly reduce the chance of getting infected by the flu as well as coronavirus, which can result in massive drop of seasonal flu infection and deaths this year.

This large ongoing quarantine and prevetion measures in China can greatly reduce the chance of getting infected by the flu as well as coronavirus, which can result in massive drop of seasonal flu infection and deaths this year.

Sure..if you quarantine your entire population 365 days a year.

How come you aren't mentioning the thousands of Chinese who die every year (between 84,000 and 92,000) due to Influenza? Why are you posting multiple stories about US figures when your rate is the same?

Last edited:
How come you aren't mentioning the thousands of Chinese who die every year due to Influenza? Why are you posting multiple stories about US figures when yours are the same.
I also post many threads about China's coronavirus just like you also post them, it's just a cross reference to coronavirus outbreak cause they are very similar viruses both ravaging the population currently.

Last edited:
I also post many threads about China's coronavirus just like you also post them, it's just a cross reference to coronavirus outbreak cause they are very similar viruses both ravaging the population currently.

No, you have BOTH Influenza and Coronavirus ravaging your population. Plus the real ravaging is the hotspots on the map...like Africa.

No, you have BOTH Influenza and Coronavirus ravaging your population. Plus the real ravaging is the hotspots on the map...like Africa.
The total deaths from flu like virus can be the same or even less due to the quarantine and prevention measures in China, the flu in US this year appears to be much worse than normal years, both China and US are fighting to contain the virus spread.

The total deaths from flu like virus can be the same or even less due to the quarantine and prevention measures in China, the flu in US this year appears to be much worse than normal years, both China and US are fighting to contain the virus spread.

Those are different virus though. Saying this is like saying Since China is fighting Corona Virus and US is fighting Flu virus (by the way, you can have vaccine for it and it demonstrated it works, so there aren't much fighting) is like how Africa try to fight Ebola. I mean, they are all virus right? According to you.

I am glad the Chinese Scientist is not that naïve like you. Because if it was, then this corona outbreak will not be stopped. Or maybe they are, because I just cannot see the end in sight. 800 killed.

Wow, Indonesia is worse than the USA and China.

But I never heard anyone die because of influenza here.

Those are different virus though. Saying this is like saying Since China is fighting Corona Virus and US is fighting Flu virus (by the way, you can have vaccine for it and it demonstrated it works, so there aren't much fighting) is like how Africa try to fight Ebola. I mean, they are all virus right? According to you.

I am glad the Chinese Scientist is not that naïve like you. Because if it was, then this corona outbreak will not be stopped. Or maybe they are, because I just cannot see the end in sight. 800 killed.
800 does look like a big number but many other flu like viruses kill way more around the world, the confirmed cases have declines for 5 consecutive days already, It's a good sign at least.

800 does look like a big number but many other flu like viruses kill way more around the world, the confirmed cases have declines for 5 consecutive days already, It's a good sign at least.

Flu kills 12,000 because there are hundred if not thousand of them, each virus contribute a very small death and usually either by delay treatment or complication, there are vaccine for the flu. I mean if you say it that way, Ebola only kills 4809 in Liberia, 3 times smaller than Flu season death in America. Would you consider Ebola less virulent than Flu?

Also, I don't know why you think that is a good sign. Wuhan locked down in 23 January, that's 16 days ago, that's 2 days more than the incubation period, if the lockdown/quarantine work, there should not be any new infected, because they would all be quarantined for 16 days already. The fact that there are still some 2-3000 new case a day everyday is baffling. There are something missing here.

Also, I don't know why you think that is a good sign.
A good sign can be big or small , 5 days of consecutive decline of the confirmed cases is a good sign even in experts eyes, even it's not something big, but it's still a positive sign.

screenshot-1966-png.604274

A good sign can be big or small , 5 days of consecutive decline of the confirmed cases is a good sign even in experts eyes, even it's not something big, but it's still a positive sign.

screenshot-1966-png.604274

Positive sign is when there were no new case in Wuhan, as it was already under quarantine for 16 days (going on 17). There are new case mean there are someone not doing what they should, that is not a positive sign, actually, that is very far from being positive.

Either you are over optimistic or you basically eat what you were fed.

Positive sign is when there were no new case in Wuhan, as it was already under quarantine for 16 days (going on 17). There are new case mean there are someone not doing what they should, that is not a positive sign, actually, that is very far from being positive.

Either you are over optimistic or you basically eat what you were fed.
You can have your opinion, but many people, including medical experts, think it's a good sign like I do. You can't say they are all wrong just because you believe it is not.

You can have your opinion, but many people, including medical experts, think it's a good sign like I do. You can't say they are all wrong just because you believe it is not.

But then many medical expert says otherwise.

On the other hand, if you think the increase of 30000 case in just 11 days is a positive sign, I can only say this. Man, you are easy to please.

But then many medical expert says otherwise.

On the other hand, if you think the increase of 30000 case in just 11 days is a positive sign, I can only say this. Man, you are easy to please.
I said it very clear, the 5 consecutive days in decline of the increase of confirmed cases is a good sign, not other numbers, positive trend got to start somewhere at some point, however small they appear to be in the first place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom