What's new

Farhatullah suggests parliament to limit Supreme Court's power

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) senior leader Farhatullah Babar suggested the parliamentarian and Pakistan Democractic Movement (PDM) leadership to limit the Supreme Court of Pakistan’s power.

Taking to Twitter, Babar wrote, “Parliamentarians/PDM, if you care about restoring the balance of powers then read Art 191 and act decisively. Or stop grumbling.

Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has retweeted Farhat’s tweet.

In another tweet, the PPP leader wrote, “A new political philosophy in the making: “Constitution, not parliament, is supreme and Constitution is not what’s written in it but what the SC says it is”.

“Massive shift of power taking place from elected to unelected. Parliamentarians think about it. Wake up”, he added.

Farhatullah Babar makes a proposal to balance the power of the SC.

Farhatullah Babar, a senior member of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), gave the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) leadership and lawmakers a proposal on Tuesday to balance the Supreme Court’s authority.

"Parliamentarians/PDM, if you genuinely care about restoring balance of powers then read Art 191 and act decisively," Babar posted on Twitter. Or, quit complaining.
Farhat’s tweet has been shared by Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, the foreign minister.

News alert: Asif Ali Zardari is in UAE to arrange emirate proxy buyer for the purchase of some national assets like Pak Steal, Roosevelt Hotel in US , a luxury PIA hotel in Paris at a throw away prices. Last week government had approved sale of some national assets. Catch me if u.

Imran should come back to power, but I think we've witnessed both the former and current government fight the SC on 63A, and the SC read in favour of the party head last and this time stood on a less certain read about parliamentary majority.

One thing I can say is that if IK comes back, he'd be well advised to come up with robust ways to prevent both the army and SC from exerting seen or unseen political influence. If IK does this, even his detractors from within the PDM will back him. If there's one thing that's become crystal clear since 2008 till today, it's that strict and at times highly interpretive accountability exists in Pakistan, but it's practised only on politicians. What interpretation and implementation of the law is decided depends on which way the wind is blowing in certain quarters. But I think if IK attempts this, he'll find himself under siege from these quarters.

While politicians are rightly taken to task now and again, both judges and generals are free of any accountability whatever, especially external accountability. Generals meddle where they please and judges are able to declare jurisdiction. Neither of these parties are subject to external scrutiny. The system of checks and balances that should exist within the our political framework is only partially complete, deeply flawed in some places, and it contains both undue dynamics and missing loops.

These are amazing times we live in, the latest chapter seems to be going in favour of an election to solve a political crisis - a logic outcome if you ask me, but the power dynamics in Pakistan will continue to be deeply flawed for a long time.

If I were a Poli Sci student in 2050 in Pakistan, the 2008 to 2022 era would all be part of a single exquisitely interesting narrative thread, with drama aplenty therein.

@VCheng

Last edited:
These are amazing times we live in, the latest chapter seems to be going in favour of an election to solve a political crisis - a logic outcome if you ask me, but the power dynamics in Pakistan will continue to be deeply flawed for a long time.

This is just a temporary appearance of action, but without really changing anything substantive, in the best Pakistani tradition, no matter who or what assumes the façade after the next elations, whenever and however they might be held. However, having said that, the journey of a thousand miles beings with one step, as they say. It may be only little step by little step, but there will be eventual progress towards actual Constitutional order and rule of law. Whether the people who run the system will be able to see that such gradual change is actually to their own benefit, or not, remains to be seen. That is the big unknown at present.

Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) senior leader Farhatullah Babar suggested the parliamentarian and Pakistan Democractic Movement (PDM) leadership to limit the Supreme Court of Pakistan’s power.

Taking to Twitter, Babar wrote, “Parliamentarians/PDM, if you care about restoring the balance of powers then read Art 191 and act decisively. Or stop grumbling.

Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has retweeted Farhat’s tweet.

In another tweet, the PPP leader wrote, “A new political philosophy in the making: “Constitution, not parliament, is supreme and Constitution is not what’s written in it but what the SC says it is”.

“Massive shift of power taking place from elected to unelected. Parliamentarians think about it. Wake up”, he added.

Farhatullah Babar makes a proposal to balance the power of the SC.

Farhatullah Babar, a senior member of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), gave the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) leadership and lawmakers a proposal on Tuesday to balance the Supreme Court’s authority.

"Parliamentarians/PDM, if you genuinely care about restoring balance of powers then read Art 191 and act decisively," Babar posted on Twitter. Or, quit complaining.
Farhat’s tweet has been shared by Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, the foreign minister.

Pakistan also suggests limiting Farhatullah Baber's brain farts.
Farhat Baber is way past the productive brain period, suppose to take a break now.

Pakistan is way above and the people of Pakistan have already given the verdict. Now, these slaves should keep quiet and stop howling and wailing.

man-dancing-with-fire-flair.gif

and the SC read in favour of the party head last and this time stood on a less certain read about parliamentary majority.

No sir. Please read again the SC judgement on the 25 lotas case, and also go over the tweets and different interviews of Salman Akram Raja (the lawyer for the 25 lotas).

In both cases, the parliamentary party's direction was taken as the binding one.

1- To phir aap nay itna rola tab kyun nhn dala tha when SC interfered with Qasim Suri's ruling?

2- You need a 2/3 majority for that.

No sir. Please read again the SC judgement on the 25 lotas case, and also go over the tweets and different interviews of Salman Akram Raja (the lawyer for the 25 lotas).

In both cases, the parliamentary party's direction was taken as the binding one.

The funny thing is that the same SC was derided for PTI's loss in the national assembly and is now being praised by the same people here for PDM's loss in the provincial assembly. As I said in another thread, this mentality of "the only verdict I trust is the one that favors me" and "the only election that is fair is what I win" MUST end if rule of law is to take hold in Pakistan. We ALL must learnt to support what is right, not just what suits us.

Back
Top Bottom