What's new

Farewell to Incredible India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian govt said it wil sustain 7% growth... Stop trolling...

Wrong. :wave:

It was only last summer that the Indian government forecast that the economy would grow at an annual rate of 9.0% to 9.5% for the next half-decade. So it came as a shock Thursday when new data revealed the economy slowed to a 5.3% annual clip in the January-March quarter.

India Fades - Wall Street Journal

Can you believe that it was only last summer that India's government was boasting about sustaining 9.5% growth rates for the next decade?

Wrong. :wave:

India Fades - Wall Street Journal

Can you believe that it was only last summer that India's government was boasting about sustaining 9.5% growth rates for the next decade?

I still cant get ur hypocricy... The world's economy rate is plumetting... U talking as if only india's rate is decreasing, to show that u have nothing but hate , blind hate, towards india...
Chinese growth plummeted from double digit to single digit... What do u think about that? Brazil and russia's growth was less than 1%... And china's growth is 8.1pc...
And for ur info , last summer, there was such hope GREECE will be saved, but not now...

China cuts key lending rate to boost economy

China has cut its key lending rate for the first time in four years and taken a small step toward letting market forces set bank deposit rates, as it tries to reverse an economic slump and put more money in consumers' pockets.

The rate cut Thursday came as Chinese leaders are reversing course and loosening lending and investment curbs they steadily tightened over the past two years to cool an overheated economy.

The central bank also said China's commercial banks would be allowed to pay higher deposit rates than those dictated by the government, though it said rates will be capped for now at 1.1 times the official level. That could help to shift money to households from China's hugely profitable government-owned banks.

The change is the latest step in reforms aimed at making China's financial system more efficient by easing controls that forced depositors to subsidize lending to government companies by holding down rates paid on savings.

Analysts said the changes and timing suggest May trade and economic data due to be released in the next few days are unexpectedly weak and have spurred authorities to take more urgent action.

"Markets are bracing for a potentially bad set of May economic data for China," said Moody's Analytics economic Alistair Chan in a report.

The slowdown, raising the risk of job losses and unrest, comes at an awkward time for the ruling Communist Party, which is trying to enforce calm ahead of a once-a-decade handover of power to younger leaders.

The rate on a one-year loan was cut by a quarter percentage point to 6.31 percent effective Friday. It was the first rate cut since November 2008.

Beijing has rolled out a series of measures to stimulate the economy after growth fell to a nearly three-year low of 8.1 percent in the first quarter and April factory output grew at its slowest rate since the 2008 crisis. Private sector analysts expect this quarter's growth to fall further.

"We expect a boost to demand for lending as a result of the cuts, although the actual impact will be limited given low demand for credit," said Credit Agricole CIB economist Dariusz Kowalczyk in a report.

The government has said it will pump billions of dollars into the economy through spending on building low-cost housing, airports and other public works. It also has approved a wave of major investments by state companies.

However, communist leaders are moving cautiously after their huge stimulus in response to the 2008 financial crisis fueled inflation and a wasteful building boom.

Banks might respond to the change in controls on deposit rates by boosting rates to the new cap to attract or keep deposits, analysts said. That would shift more money from banks to households.

"Competition should push deposit rates higher. This too should help stimulus efforts," said Qinwei Wang and Mark Williams of Capital Economics.

The controls have given Chinese banks a margin between lending and deposit rates of more than 3 percent -- among the world's largest -- and guaranteed them fat profits.

Profits for China's banks are equal to more than 3 percent of gross domestic product, the highest rate for any major economy and well above Japan's 0.6 percent and Australia's 2.7 percent, according to Citigroup analyst Simon Ho.

This week's change should narrow banks' interest rate margin by 0.19 percentage point, according to Deutschebank's Ma.

Also Thursday, the central bank expanded flexibility for banks in rates they can charge borrowers. The minimum rate for commercial loans was lowered to 0.8 times the benchmark from the previous level of 0.9 percent.

More than 70 percent of bank loans already are charged at rates above the benchmark, according to J.P. Morgan. That could help to cushion the impact of easing controls on deposit rates because banks effectively already have wider margins on those loans.

On May 12, regulators cut the minimum amount of reserves Chinese banks are required to hold in another effort to boost lending. Analysts said that would have little effect because struggling businesses were unlikely to borrow.

Among other measures in recent weeks, Beijing has announced 66 billion yuan ($10 billion) in spending on building affordable housing and 26.5 billion yuan ($4.2 billion) to subsidize sales of energy-efficient appliances.

"Many harbour doubts about the wisdom of another credit-fuelled stimulus, but the government's overriding objective is now to ensure that the economy is not too fragile in the final months before the once-in-a-decade leadership transition," said Wang and Williams of Capital Economics.

"With policy strongly stimulative, we expect the economy to recover in the second half of the year."

China cuts key lending rate to boost economy - BusinessWeek

For all ur hate CD read this

Chinese government: We will sustain 7% GDP growth.

Actual result: 9%+ growth.

Indian government: We will sustain 9.5% GDP growth.

Actual result: 5.3% growth.

Chinese 9+ growth = fake number + build empty cities

Without the fake number Chinese GDP growth is as good as a squashy squashy squid out of water...

U talking as if only india's rate is decreasing, to show that u have nothing but hate , blind hate, towards india...

I respond to Indians in the same way that they treat us. :wave:

And India was the only BRIC nation to be downgraded by S&P for poor economic fundamentals.

The article in the OP was written by the Economist, and the article above was written by the Wall Street Journal. None of these three could possibly be described as Chinese propaganda.

While our Chinese members predict doomsday for India, it is not rosy in China as well. But I will not gloat as it is going to affect me as well. Even a small country like Greece's economy crisis is causing tremors these days to the global economy due to the world economies tied together than never before.

Here is a snipet from the article below(I read this few days ago and it got me worried about the world economy and how the job markets will be affected globally if there is further recession)

Unlike in past slowdowns, Chinese officials appear far less confident about what to do this time. Facing unpalatable choices — each carrying risks — the country’s top leaders have sent out confusing signals and statements in recent days.

But at its heart, the problem is mainly political — the Communist rulers’ continued resistance to real economic reforms that would boost consumer spending and wean the country off its addiction to investment.

As China’s growth slows, its leaders face an impasse - The Washington Post

And India was the only BRIC nation to be downgraded by S&P for poor economic fundamentals.

The article in the OP was written by the Economist, and the article above was written by the Wall Street Journal. None of these three could possibly be described as Chinese propaganda.

And i respond the way, u respond...
And i think i didnt respond u with a one liner... I had posted a hell big para...

So stupid of me to think that the number of threads on Indian Growth will stop on seven...........:disagree:
I should have realised that a short term phenomenon like this, cannot be overshadowed by the impending euro collapse.........
Maybe that is why an eighth thread was needed:disagree:

S ans P thinks India's fundamentals are poor for having 6.5% growth??
Then what will it think about Brazil and Russia, with 2.3% and 3.8% growth respectively???
It is to be noted that before the late 2000's economic crisis, Russia's growth was more than 5% and Brazil's was 8%
In 2010 Russia recovered to 4%, but Brazil still lagged with 2.7%,. In the same period India and China recorded growths over 9%...........
Now tell me, which nation is the weakest of the Brics??

Chinese 9+ growth = fake number + build empty cities

Without the fake number Chinese GDP growth is as good as a squashy squashy squid out of water...
You should not waste your time to tell us here in PDF,you should tell the truth to the governments and investors all over the world。

IN A world economy as troubled as today’s, news that India’s growth rate has fallen to 5.3% may not seem important. But the rate is the lowest in seven years, and the sputtering of India’s economic miracle carries social costs that could surpass the pain in the euro zone. The near double-digit pace of growth that India enjoyed in 2004-08, if sustained, promised to lift hundreds of millions of Indians out of poverty—and quickly. Jobs would be created for all the young people who will reach working age in the coming decades, one of the biggest, and potentially scariest, demographic bulges the world has seen.

But now, after a slump in the currency, a drying up of private investment and those GDP figures, the miracle feels like a mirage. Whether India can return to a path of high growth depends on its politicians—and, in the end, its voters. The omens, frankly, are not good.

In office but not in power

Some of this crunch reflects the rest of the world’s woes. The Congress-led coalition government, with Brezhnev-grade complacency, insists things will bounce back. But India’s slowdown is due mainly to problems at home and has been looming for a while. The state is borrowing too much, crowding out private firms and keeping inflation high. It has not passed a big reform for years. Graft, confusion and red tape have infuriated domestic businesses and harmed investment. A high-handed view of foreign investors has made a big current-account deficit harder to finance, and the rupee has plunged.

The remedies, agreed on not just by foreign investors and liberal newspapers but also by Manmohan Singh’s government, are blindingly obvious. A combined budget deficit of nearly a tenth of GDP must be tamed, particularly by cutting wasteful fuel subsidies. India must reform tax and foreign-investment rules. It must speed up big industrial and infrastructure projects. It must confront corruption. None of these tasks is insurmountable. Most are supposedly government policy.

Why, then, does Mr Singh not act? Vacillation plays a role. But so do two deeper political problems. First, the state machine has still not been modernised. It is neither capable of overcoming red tape and vested interests nor keen to relax its grip over the bits of the economy it still controls. The things that do work in India—a corruption-busting supreme court, the leading IT firms, a scheme to give electronic identities to all—are often independent of, or bypass, the decrepit state.

Second, as the bureaucracy has degenerated, politics has fragmented. The two big parties, the ruling Congress and the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), are losing support to regional ones. For all the talk of aspirations, voters do not seem to connect reform with progress. India’s liberalisers over the past two decades, including Mr Singh himself, have reformed by stealth. That now looks like a liability. No popular consensus exists in favour of change or tough decisions.

As a result, when the government tries to clear bottlenecks, feuding and overlapping bureaucracies can get in the way. When it suggests raising fuel prices, it faces protests and backs down. When it tries to pass reforms on foreign investment, its populist coalition partners threaten to pull the plug. It does not help that the ageing Mr Singh has little clout of his own: he reports to the ailing Sonia Gandhi, the dynastic chief of Congress. With a packed electoral timetable before general elections in 2014, Congress does not want to take risks.

Is it time for a change at the top? Mr Singh has plainly run out of steam, but there are no appealing candidates to replace him. Mrs Gandhi’s son, Rahul, has been a disappointment. What about a change of government? The opposition BJP is split and has been wildly inconsistent about reform. Its best administrator, Narendra Modi, chief minister of Gujarat, is divisive and authoritarian. If it formed a government tomorrow, the BJP would also have to rely on fickle smaller parties.

Some reformers pray for a financial crisis that will shake the politicians from their stupor, as happened in 1991, allowing Mr Singh to sneak through his changes. Though India’s banks face bad debts, its cloistered financial system, high foreign-exchange reserves and capable central bank mean it is not about to keel over. A short, sharp shock would indeed be useful, but a full-blown crisis should not be wished for, because of the harm that it would do to the poor.

Instead the dreary conclusion is that India’s feeble politics are now ushering in several years of feebler economic growth. Indeed, the politicians’ most complacent belief is that voters will just put up with lower growth—because they supposedly care only about state handouts, the next meal, cricket and religion. But as Indians discover that slower growth means fewer jobs and more poverty, they will become angry. Perhaps that might be no bad thing, if it makes them vote for change.

India

Whoever thought India was incredible was a moron!

Who ever comments negative about our internal issue.... is manners less brutes.....

So stupid of me to think that the number of threads on Indian Growth will stop on seven...........:disagree:
I should have realised that a short term phenomenon like this, cannot be overshadowed by the impending euro collapse.........
Maybe that is why an eighth thread was needed:disagree:

S ans P thinks India's fundamentals are poor for having 6.5% growth??
Then what will it think about Brazil and Russia, with 2.3% and 3.8% growth respectively???
It is to be noted that before the late 2000's economic crisis, Russia's growth was more than 5% and Brazil's was 8%
In 2010 Russia recovered to 4%, but Brazil still lagged with 2.7%,. In the same period India and China recorded growths over 9%...........
Now tell me, which nation is the weakest of the Brics??

You last question is a tough one. But when I think of the country with the most crashing poverty, crumbling infrastructure, rampant corruption, inept leadership. The clear and only answer would be the incredible India.

You should not waste your time to tell us here in PDF,you should tell the truth to the governments and investors all over the world。

The governments and investors all over the world judge a country's economic state from Indian troll's posts in PDF.

Idiots don't understand one thing..... Incredible India is for tourism INDIA................... lolz i don't know how these fellows talk without minimum commonsense....... may be their culture is like this....always laugh on others problem,and troll ............

7403.jpg

The guy gives you facts and figures and you respond with racism. How typical!

Reported!

The guy gives you facts and figures and you respond with racism. How typical!

Reported!

facts and figures???? oh i see...it is fact and true because it is against India...... If it is against china or pakistan...... all are lies and not credible source.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom