What's new

Faraizi movement in East Bengal

While I understood rest of your post, the above comment was unnecessary. I never tagged all of you "Jammati", and I have no problem what so ever, if you are a Jammat member.

I am not surprised by this thread after seeing many Bangladeshis even claiming the word "Bengali" is Hindu too. :disagree::lol:

@ Hindu Bengali culture and Muslim Bengali culture are not the same. If we mixed up then we would have no identity. Now, for time and again you had been arguing that what is the harm in celebrating "Shobo Nobobarsho" in Bangladesh :

1. Look, we had been celebrating/observing this "Nobo Barsho" since long but now-a-days it is been celebrating with lot of rituals which is similar to Hindu culture. Since it is a common day where more muslims joins along with Hindus so customs and rituals should be common instead of religious.

2. Now-a-days how we celebrate/observe this day in our country. First of all the very commity which is being officially made is being influenced by the Hindus and the leftists where the members of "Udichi Shilpi Gushti" had a great infleunce. And we know what is "Udichi Shilpi Gushti" ? Their each and every step is suspicious !!!

3. The celebration starts with "Mongol Prodip" which we muslim donnot believe. Then sounding of "Ulu", wearing of "mokush", making various "Morties" of animals etc. All these are against the islamic practices.

4. Then singing of "Rabindra Sangeet". Well there is no harm if only the seasonal song of "Sangeet: is sung. But in practice the "Ranbindra Sangeet" is in separable from Hindu religion. If you sung something like "Mata" they say it is related with "Desh" but in the true sense it is being indicated as the "Joi Ma". Some of the songs are "Tumar duwar azi bore gache sonar mondire, ogo mai", Tura sob joer dhuni kor ".

5. Free mixing of young couple in this day is another point of objection. However, it is good that young couple can meet each other in this day and soon they fall in love. If it continues for some more times then all the young muslims girls will become "Tushlima Nashreen".

@@ So, finally these are my feeling as a moderate muslim. By the way for your information we are here non of us is "Jamati". Are "Jamaties" are on move or they are in the jail for last 5/6 yaers without any trail ????

agree with you, most of people fail to understand culture and religion is two separate thing ,
in every society infusion of culture in religion or infusion of two religion strongly exist
for example : in Indonesian java Muslim worship fire and water (reason is Indonesia is kingdom of volcano) sultan of Jogjakarta officially perform ritual of worshiping(pure Hindu ritual) mount Merapi ,Difficult for them to ignore volcano mount Merapi.....

there is tons of example of infusion of Hinduism in Islam in Indian subcontinent or south Asia........reason is simple past is Hindu and present is Islam..........

but hardly you will see any example of infusion of Christianity in Islam or Hinduism or vise verse.........

but now this days you can see infusion of Christianity in Hinduism....after hare Krishna movement......most of christian who converted to Hinduism from Christianity............difficult for them to leave entire past,,,,,practically it is not possible for them

i think it is very natural,we should accept it ..ultimate goal is peas and happiness

The Original Santa Claus
lord Krishna as Santa Claus
(this the way they are showing there devotion,so i feel it has no meaning on reacting on this )

TheOriginalSantaClaus.jpg

jesus-christ-krishna.jpg

Pluralist-in-India.jpg

Last edited:
I think I wrote it somewhere else about this same topic,we by now all know the historical basis of Nobo Borsho started by Mutual rular to collect khajna from mostly Hindu peasants.
What we now see actually started in Jessor back in early 80s in Charu Pith by fun loving teachers to have a picnic sort of day spend with their young students in the park.some students from Dhaka Charukola attended and observed the program and brought the idea back to Dhaka to introduce into fine art faculty.
What we now see in its finest moments is ppl miserable with their urban life spending with friends and families ,share lighthearted fun.
Unfortunately ,nothing in our country stays out of political agenda very long.the fun started to go sour the moment political goons ,Shushil Shomaj etc,etc,started Pocking their nose in it.
And as for religion, I don't celebrate because my faith dose not condone it. But whoever does that's their lives.
And,in case you didn't know Robindronath Tagore, was not Hindu.he was Brhammi.it was a new religion started by his grandfather. He never went to any tample for puja ,never built one.there are no temple in Bishwa Bharati.
Any thing non Arabic is not non Muslim.

This Bangla "Nobo Barsho" is very harmful in our Islamic society.
Your opinion...and I respect it.

But the "Nobo Borsho" celebration in Dhaka, Bogra, CTG etc....involves a tremendous congregation of people.
This is way too significant vis-a-vis the celebration in "Hindu" West Bengal!

I was pleasantly surprised with the celebratory mood and with the sheer number of people!

I guess if you have visited Kolkata or do plan to visit...you will be able to contrast it better.
"Islamic Bangladesh" does it better:partay:

@ Hindu Bengali culture and Muslim Bengali culture are not the same. If we mixed up then we would have no identity. Now, for time and again you had been arguing that what is the harm in celebrating "Shobo Nobobarsho" in Bangladesh :

1. Look, we had been celebrating/observing this "Nobo Barsho" since long but now-a-days it is been celebrating with lot of rituals which is similar to Hindu culture. Since it is a common day where more muslims joins along with Hindus so customs and rituals should be common instead of religious.

2. Now-a-days how we celebrate/observe this day in our country. First of all the very commity which is being officially made is being influenced by the Hindus and the leftists where the members of "Udichi Shilpi Gushti" had a great infleunce. And we know what is "Udichi Shilpi Gushti" ? Their each and every step is suspicious !!!

3. The celebration starts with "Mongol Prodip" which we muslim donnot believe. Then sounding of "Ulu", wearing of "mokush", making various "Morties" of animals etc. All these are against the islamic practices.

4. Then singing of "Rabindra Sangeet". Well there is no harm if only the seasonal song of "Sangeet: is sung. But in practice the "Ranbindra Sangeet" is in separable from Hindu religion. If you sung something like "Mata" they say it is related with "Desh" but in the true sense it is being indicated as the "Joi Ma". Some of the songs are "Tumar duwar azi bore gache sonar mondire, ogo mai", Tura sob joer dhuni kor ".

5. Free mixing of young couple in this day is another point of objection. However, it is good that young couple can meet each other in this day and soon they fall in love. If it continues for some more times then all the young muslims girls will become "Tushlima Nashreen".

@@ So, finally these are my feeling as a moderate muslim. By the way for your information we are here non of us is "Jamati". Are "Jamaties" are on move or they are in the jail for last 5/6 yaers without any trail ????
you nailed it especially regarding that freak show known as "udichi"!! isn't "chayanat" also related? where the heck did these things even come from

Yes, a "Muslim" can ignore the loud music, the Polytheist practices but should a "Bengali" speaker who happens to be a Muslim feel threatened if greeted "Subho Nobo borsho" by some one or if he does so to his fellow Hindu/Muslim? Definitely not. As I said, cultural and ethnic identities have their place of their own which can not be denied, be it the Bengali words, the western customs and clothes. If a forcible measure in the garb of religious barring is tried to be imposed on it's people, then the nation state is far from being liberal and tolerant.

If you have noticed a recent survey posted in this forum about the opinion about the dress code of women in Muslim countries in particular. Lebanon and Turkey had shown a complete different inclination towards the women dress code unlike Iraq or Afghanistan. The Islamic perception about social/cultural identities vary widely from country to country and you never can definitely say that Islam prohibits me from doing it as the same thing is being broadly accepted in other Islamic progressive states.

Yes, cultural and ethnic identities cannot be ignored and denied, but so can't Islam. Islam isn't just a religion, it's a way of life and that way of life states that nationalism and anything to do with it is haraam. You shouldn't mix culture and Islam together which makes it bid'ah (innovation). This "nation" is not trying to impose anything on anyone that's why the Boishakhi happens in Dhaka.

This loud music cannot be ignored, Boishakh has ties with Hinduism and Hindu's are mushreek (polytheists), in Islam if you associate anything with Allah then that is shirk.

Yes, cultural and ethnic identities cannot be ignored and denied, but so can't Islam. Islam isn't just a religion, it's a way of life and that way of life states that nationalism and anything to do with it is haraam. You shouldn't mix culture and Islam together which makes it bid'ah (innovation). This "nation" is not trying to impose anything on anyone that's why the Boishakhi happens in Dhaka.

This loud music cannot be ignored, Boishakh has ties with Hinduism and Hindu's are mushreek (polytheists), in Islam if you associate anything with Allah then that is shirk.

Ok. I have few questions in mind which I already asked before. Let's agree on the part that Bangladesh, being an "Islamic state" will allow the Islamic verdicts to intervene in the political and social affairs as well. There lies a confusion. As Bangladesh is a democratic state too, apart from being an "Islamic state", the people must speak first. If a Muslim wants to celebrate something which have "Hindu" rituals, should the state prohibit him/her from doing so? For instance, there may be hundred things which are barred in Islam, but are being following in various Islamic countries where the state does not intervene at all. The religious affairs have outrightly kept out of political domains. Why can't Bangladesh follow the same line as it would be a natural phenomenon accepted by every progressive society irrespective of any religion?

Ok. I have few questions in mind which I already asked before. Let's agree on the part that Bangladesh, being an "Islamic state" will allow the Islamic verdicts to intervene in the political and social affairs as well. There lies a confusion. As Bangladesh is a democratic state too, apart from being an "Islamic state", the people must speak first. If a Muslim wants to celebrate something which have "Hindu" rituals, should the state prohibit him/her from doing so? For instance, there may be hundred things which are barred in Islam, but are being following in various Islamic countries where the state does not intervene at all. The religious affairs have outrightly kept out of political domains. Why can't Bangladesh follow the same line as it would be a natural phenomenon accepted by every progressive society irrespective of any religion?

You're taking this conversation towards a different direction. First of all, Bangladesh is not an "Islamic state", there is no appointed Khilafa and there is no Shari'ah in place, I never said Bangladesh was an Islamic state. We are saying that MOST Bangladeshi Muslims do no mingle in Boishakhi or this noborboshi, mainly because the festival has ties with the religion Hinduism. We're not saying here that Bangladesh isn't letting Boishakh take place because it clashes with Islam and Muslims.

agree with you, most of people fail to understand culture and religion is two separate thing ,
in every society infusion of culture in religion or infusion of two religion strongly exist
for example : in Indonesian java Muslim worship fire and water (reason is Indonesia is kingdom of volcano) sultan of Jogjakarta officially perform ritual of worshiping(pure Hindu ritual) mount Merapi ,Difficult for them to ignore volcano mount Merapi.....

there is tons of example of infusion of Hinduism in Islam in Indian subcontinent or south Asia........reason is simple past is Hindu and present is Islam..........

but hardly you will see any example of infusion of Christianity in Islam or Hinduism or vise verse.........

but now this days you can see infusion of Christianity in Hinduism....after hare Krishna movement......most of christian who converted to Hinduism from Christian

ity............difficult for them to leave entire past,,,,,practically it is not possible for them

i think it is very natural,we should accept it ..ultimate goal is peas and happiness

The Original Santa Claus
lord Krishna as Santa Claus
(this the way they are showing there devotion,so i feel it has no meaning on reacting on this )

TheOriginalSantaClaus.jpg

jesus-christ-krishna.jpg

Pluralist-in-India.jpg

If there's tons of Hinduism in Islam then that isn't Islam. The consensus is that with Islam the finality of the prophet, there is only one God and our rasool is his messenger. Sooo...There can be no such thing as Hinduism mixed with Islam. Secondly, Islam is an abrahamic religion, while Hinduism is a Dharmic religion.

You said that there is no such thing as infusion of Christianity in Islam...Lmao. Christians are ahlul kitaab, they are the people of our Holy Quraan, so are the yahoodis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom