What's new

Famous personalities you have met.

I met General Dr. Mushtaq Baig (Late), Surgeon General Pakistan.
He was my neighbor.

I once met(well shook hands with) one of the previous Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Gen Aziz in a party (in an army mess).

Yastur Ul Haq, Navy Chief.( stayed at his house)
General John Hayes US Army ( Italy Campaign)
Yussaf Raza Gilani....my friend's mamoo
Meera's mom
Ayesha Sana......... hung out several times
Mishi Khan...............hung out several times
Shehnaz Sheik............cousin's best friend
HSY
a lot of models in Pakistan..........
I am sure there are a lot more..............................

Thank God never met Zial Ul Nahaque

famous or in-famous depending on your POV.

in person.

Ayub Khan
Yayha Khan
AAK Niazi
ZA Bhutto

Imran Khan
Jahangir Khan
Jansher Khan

Lots of famous field hockey players.

I saw ZiaUL HAq In a party and met Nazia and Zohaib Hasan in the same one. DId not talk to anyone of them though.
Araz

Met many specially the politicians and grilled them by questioning in press conferences so is it ok to name them?

I would not mind Lara Dutta and Dalai Lama in my list , how did you get the see him. Meeting him must be exciting.

hehe sir...well it's not something to brag about...the Dalai Lama gave an
audience at an auditorium where meritorious:-)azn:) students from schools in Delhi were invited it was in 1996...you can imagine what discussion it would have been...nothing political obviously...he is more of a spiritual man than a political man...but he was impressive..
I plan to go to Dharamsala to meet atleast his disciples...
he talked about mind over body...which happens to be a buddhist concept...he presents the sorry case of a religious man pushed into politics.
and Lara Dutta I met recently...and she is a natural beauty....!

Yastur Ul Haq, Navy Chief.( stayed at his house)
General John Hayes US Army ( Italy Campaign)
Yussaf Raza Gilani....my friend's mamoo
Meera's mom
Ayesha Sana......... hung out several times
Mishi Khan...............hung out several times
Shehnaz Sheik............cousin's best friend
HSY
a lot of models in Pakistan..........
I am sure there are a lot more..............................

Thank God never met Zial Ul Nahaque

chuza gi, i like your hangouts:P

the list of sir muradk is definitely a topper and i feel honoured that we have such a personality with us on this forum.

my list is very short, simple and they are mostly well known researchers/professors

from abraod

1. dr peter libby, prof, harvard med school (met in yamaguchi where after presenting my paper and libby after his honorary lecture, had dinner with him). leading scientist in the field of atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases.

2. dr paul m. ridker, prof, harvard university (met 3 times at different places and had dinner with him once. discoverer of CRP as a future indicator for cardiovascular events

3. prof dr endo , first person (japanese) who discovered statins which are the only potent and effective drugs available in cholesterol lowering and also have some benificial effects on diabetes.

from pakistan

1. maj gen (R) iftikhar ahmad malik (late), the best pathologist that pakistan has produced till now. i served as his SO for around 3 years

2. prof dr. H R ahmed, ex-professor of physiology aga khan medical university. worked with him for 6 -8 months

3. Lt gen (R) mustafa kamal pasha (Ex-surgeaon gen pak army med corp). a very deccent and straight forward person

4. Maj gen (R) Ashraf ali malhi, worked as his SO for 8 months or so before leaving for japan

5. dr abdul qadeer khan, chairman kahutta research labs.

politicians

1. sheikh rasheed ahmed

regards

sincerely

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom