What's new

Family Guy Predicts Boston Marathon Bombing - March 17th

@Chinese-Dragon, how was it a hoax? Explain this to me. No wiki.

And @RKhan: I just watched the episode, this isn't a hoax, both scenes are from one and the same episode. Watch the episode yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a Hoax.

2 different episodes sliced together. Already debunked.
Try (harder) again next time.
Same episode , get educated ...

EXACT location of 2nd blast depicted in episode...
Out of 42.2 Kilometers of marathon track, cartoonist choose EXACT location for 2nd blast & then finish line in his cartoon.

-
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...at-external-threats-kayani-2.html#post4184526

-
-
-
They were indeed in contact with FBI ... cover stories will be concocted to make those interactions appear un-related

CBS News: FBI Interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev 2 Years Ago

@Chinese-Dragon, how was it a hoax? Explain this to me. No wiki.

And @RKhan: I just watched the episode, this isn't a hoax, both scenes are from one and the same episode. Watch the episode yourself.
These two goons have been going around and spreading their bullshit on all threads......kindly ignore them or just report them.

Same episode , get educated ...

Get educated into conspiracy theories? :lol:

These two clips were cut from the same episode, and pasted together to look like the bombings were connected to the Marathon.

I saw the episode myself, the two events were entirely unrelated. Which is how Family Guy is designed (lots of random gags), and it is their unique selling point.

From that Wiki article -

The episode contains a scene showing mass murder at the Boston Marathon. After the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings Fox promptly removed the "Turban Cowboy" episode from Fox.com and Hulu. [5] The network also stated it had no immediate plans to broadcast the episode again.[6] A "fake" [sic] clip circulated on the Internet with the Boston Marathon scene edited together with another scene from the episode showing remote detonations of bombs

[5] Seth MacFarlane decries hoax 'Family Guy' clip on Boston bombings - latimes.com

[6] Keveney, Bill, "'Family Guy' creator condemns bomb-clip mashup," USA Today.

So, the episode indeed had scenes about mass murder at the Boston Marathon, and also about remotely triggered bombs.

The so-called "hoax" involved putting these two scenes from the same episode together into a short youtube film. Presumably, posting the entire episode would not have drawn the hoax accusations.

Get educated into conspiracy theories? :lol:

These two clips were cut from the same episode, and pasted together to look like the bombings were connected to the Marathon.

I saw the episode myself, the two events were entirely unrelated. Which is how Family Guy is designed (lots of random gags), and it is their unique selling point.

The key word is "random".

Should it be considered surprising that a cartoon broadcast a few weeks before the incident had a scene about mass murder at the Boston marathon, and also a separate scene about remotely triggered bombs?

The key word is "random".

Should it be considered surprising that a cartoon broadcast a few weeks before the incident had a scene about mass murder at the Boston marathon, and also a separate scene about remotely triggered bombs?

It was a big coincidence to be sure.

But what other explanation is there? It is a comedy show.

Have you seen the actual episode? I downloaded it myself to check what the fuss was about, and the two random gags were at completely opposite ends of the episode, no relation whatsoever.

Some punk took scenes from one episode and combined different parts to start this stupidity.

I just took a quick look through the episode again.

In that same episode, Turban Cowboy, they did random gags on these subjects:

- Skydiving
- The Romans
- Horses
- Video games
- Talking behind people's backs at parties
- Interior design
- Eating steaks in bathrooms
- Irish people and alcohol
- Italians talking with their hands
- Black people changing shirts while talking
- Tennis

That's how Family Guy works, it is based on a lot of different random and unrelated gags.

Also, the Cell phone explosion gag was not the same as Boston, since the Boston bombs were on a timer, not detonated by cell phones.

Also, they were in Rhode Island, not Boston. Nowhere near the Boston marathon, and by that time (near the end of the episode) the Boston marathon was long over anyway.

@Chinese-Dragon and @RKhan

You guys are making no sense. These two scenes in that Family Guy episode are pretty similar to the event that took place that day. How is 'it's not true' proving anything?

Peter even detonated a bomb TWICE, just as many times it occurred.

I just took a quick look through the episode again.

In that same episode, Turban Cowboy, they did random gags on these subjects:

- Skydiving
- The Romans
- Horses
- Video games
- Talking behind people's backs at parties
- Interior design
- Eating steaks in bathrooms
- Irish people and alcohol
- Italians talking with their hands
- Black people changing shirts while talking
- Tennis

That's how Family Guy works, it is based on a lot of different random and unrelated gags.

Also, the Cell phone explosion gag was not the same as Boston, since the Boston bombs were on a timer, not detonated by cell phones.

Also, they were in Rhode Island, not Boston. Nowhere near the Boston marathon, and by that time (near the end of the episode) the Boston marathon was long over anyway.

How does this disprove anything? Do you want those behind this to flat out show you everything as they are doing?

Back
Top Bottom