What's new

Families in Tamil Nadu smallest, UP biggest

Soumitra

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Families in Tamil Nadu smallest, UP biggest

NEW DELHI: A data released by Census authorities has revealed interesting facts about the size of Indian families. While Tamil Nadu's average size is lowest in the nation, families in Uttar Pradesh, country's most densely populated state, have most most number of members.

Here are the five key points of the survey:

1. India's average is 4.8 people per household: The country's average is 4.8 people per household. In many of the states and Union territories, the number of people living in a rural household is more compared to the urban counterparts.

2. Uttar Pradesh has the most crowded household: Uttar Pradesh has the most crowded households with an average of six people. After UP is Jammu and Kashmir that has 5.8 people in a household. In city-states like Delhi, the number of people living in a household is high due to the higher cost of living.

3. Smaller households are better for the girl child: Experts say that smaller households are more congenial for girl children and also mean better access to amenities for everyone.

36555229.cms

4. Larger households leads to fight for resources: With smaller households, the standard of living increases and more amenities are available for the individual.

5. India has 1.01 crore household with a single member: India has 1.01 crore households with a single member with Uttar Pradesh topping the list with 11.80 lakh households. The state also tops in the 15-plus people in a household category with 7.25 lakh out of the 17.24 lakh such households across the country.

36555297.cms

Families in Tamil Nadu smallest, UP biggest: 5 key points - The Times of India

I'm from TN and... We were 9..... now just my mom & Dad...........

I'm from TN and... We were 9..... now just my mom & Dad...........

In our parents generation everyone had large families but now people are going for small families in order to give their children the best benefits.

I expected Kerala to be either at par or ahead.

This is an example of what education can do.

I expected Kerala to be either at par or ahead.

This is an example of what education can do.

There is a specific reason behind that...... I cannot tell you here because it might initiate a troll war.... otherwise Kerala is at par or better than Tamil Nadu

There is a specific reason behind that...... I cannot tell you here because it might initiate a troll war.... otherwise Kerala is at par or better than Tamil Nadu

Sathyam!!...since we Keralites are secularists.....:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom