What's new

Falling off our map: By neglecting the economic paradigm Pakistan has become irrelevant to India

@Oscar, after replying to your post I started reading the other responses and .... well. The distrust and hatred seems will be everlasting.

Good joke, I guess china should cancel $46 billion investment till 2018 because there is nothing to offer. Lol

Ok.. What is Pakistan offering in return other than a transit route into China for which China shall pay transit fees and take the money back when or adjust it against the dues for delivery or weapons ?

All other ' investments' follow the traditional village money lender model.

Good Point

We were definitely similar 67 years ago

But we have EVOLVED differently ; took totally different paths
socially ; politically ; economically
that is how and why TODAY we are so different

I think it was not the different evolution path India and Pakistan took, but more to do with no contacts or trade or connections between our countries. We lived isolated from each other for the past 67 years. It would have made no difference to me if Pakistan were not our neighbor but is located in Mars

Ok.. What is Pakistan offering in return other than a transit route into China for which China shall pay transit fees and take the money back when or adjust it against the dues for delivery or weapons ?

All other ' investments' follow the traditional village money lender model.

Are you born retarded? What more do you want Pakistan to offer china in return of $46 billion investment?

Honestly your a** kising of hindus on this site is getting old. There is nothing that India can offer, at least something which we can't get from elswhere. And depending on them for anything will be mistake anyway.

Good joke, I guess china should cancel $46 billion investment till 2018 because there is nothing to offer. Lol

Your delusions of self importance were already old.

Pakistan has a lot to offer India - Access to CAR and then onto Europe making SAARC an economic behemoth. however, India is quite tired of waiting and is willing to pay the extra price because Pakistan chooses not to offer India what it can.

Not true, Pakistan's geographic location can offer a lot to China and US and any other country including India. Can India live without a friendly Pakistan, yes, but are we missing out on something? Yes we are, access to CARs and beyond for one.

All 3 of you are reinforcing the point I am making.

China invests millions , makes a road linking itself , pays for transit on paper & adjusts it against weapons supplied.

The point is that besides itself & its real estate what is Pak offering to anyone in return ( besides nuclear proliferation ) ?

What manufacturing, IT, Technological or any other services does it have to offer in lieu of anything it gets ?

The advantages location gives can change , then what ?

Last edited:
I guess yr looking for ''sympathies'' from india is because of yr background isnt it which is indian? This makes u relatively soft and always tilt towards them.

While we and others actually have no major interest in them. The only thing which we have is to make them stop terrorism in our country that they are spreading. While there is absolutely nothing yes i mean NOTHING that they can offer to us that we cant make in our own country. The only difference is money but that can also be tapped if we use our natural resources properly. All the economic experts either eastern or western agree that Pakistan is a total indigenous country, its a country in top 5 in natural resources after the likes of saudia arabia and all, its the 8th largest country in the world in terms of population with 62% of this under 30 years. So it means we have got a pretty good work force.

And this rubbish of BBIN etc is futile since after the indian SAARC debacle they r just using their backup option, basically grapes r soar.

Now with the next summit to be held in Islamabad we will push further for China's entry into the arena which will give the SAARC countries a more productive alternative with fastest growing economy and abundance of potential. If that happens we will effectively neutralize the indian hegemony over our region.

Remember one thing that the goals the indians want to achieve can never be possibly achieved without our blessings since r the ones who control their western borders and a possible gateway to CARs and possibly towards Russia where the resources lie and the stability lies in order to utilize them.

The only little draw back is the stability and security of our own country which is must and necessary in order to achieve all the above mentioned. So i will request u as of now to totally focus all yr energies to that. Remember Pakistan is not Bangladesh, Afghanistan or Srilanka, its too big of a fish to fry for indians even americans and soviets couldnt do much in this regard and now both r trying to get their relations better with us.

So understand better our position in the region and global finance/ resources system, which is need of the hour.

Never had racial ideals nor have this issue of "loyalty" but if that is what you learnt with your life I could not care less, I guess its good that Bangladesh broke off considering that the other side thought itself as the only Pakistanis.. perhaps with ideas like yours we will get some more pieces of the country.. the Baloch are in line after all.People like you are ample proof for me to focus my Loyalty to the country I live in.

The rest of your post has little relevance to the actual idea of "Pakistan's importance to India" and more about trying to feel good about Pakistan's position by brining in other economic developments.. nothing related to the issue at hand. I have little interest in focusing my energy on burying my head in the ground and focusing on pointless derailments.

Are you born retarded? What more do you want Pakistan to offer china in return of $46 billion investment?

Is there anything left to offer?

Never had racial ideals nor have this issue of "loyalty" but if that is what you learnt with your life I could not care less, I guess its good that Bangladesh broke off considering that the other side thought itself as the only Pakistanis.. perhaps with ideas like yours we will get some more pieces of the country.. the Baloch are in line after all.People like you are ample proof for me to focus my Loyalty to the country I live in.

The rest of your post has little relevance to the actual idea of "Pakistan's importance to India" and more about trying to feel good about Pakistan's position by brining in other economic developments.. nothing related to the issue at hand. I have little interest in focusing my energy on burying my head in the ground and focusing on pointless derailments.

@Oscar; now you are up against the truer 'sons of the soil' (the malays have a word for it- bumiputra) with all its attendant chauvinism.
Precisely the same attitude which led to people of similar mind-sets to look on mutely when their country was dismembered. And the very same mind-set that joyfully chanted 'pakistan ka matlab kyaa?' (in more pleasant times ?). Whether that 'matlab' has still been finally understood is moot.

Those who do not learn from History are doomed to re-live it.

@Oscar; now you are up against the truer 'sons of the soil' (the malays have a word for it- bumiputra) with all it attendant chauvinism. Precisely the same attitude which led to people of similar mind-sets to look on mutely when their country was dismembered. And the very same mind-set that joyfully chanted 'pakistan ka matlab kyaa?' (in more pleasant times ?). Whether that 'matlab' has still been finally understood is moot.

Those who do not learn from History are doomed to re-live it.

More and More I am tilted towards the idea of having them re-live it, as bloody and costly as it may be.

its a country in top 5 in natural resources after the likes of saudia arabia and all, its the 8th largest country in the world in terms of population with 62% of this under 30 years. So it means we have got a pretty good work force.
Agree, all the things you. but important things is not what you have important is what you done/doing with it. Having natural resources helps country to grow but it is not necessary. there are lots of countries who don't have any natural resources but that doesn't stop them from developing themselves.You have 67 years and you didn't use even 10 % of your resources, whether is in form of tangential or non tangential.

More and More I am tilted towards the idea of having them re-live it, as bloody and costly as it may be.

Even though I do not share the same borders as you do; I have not veered around to that. But it astounds me that as the World seems to be progressing, some people are revelling in retrograde movement.

Actually Ashok Malik has hit the nub of the matter. People like me who are not "mid-night's children" do not wish to carry any 'excess baggage' of History. We want to make and mark our places in History instead.

As for the rest; those who want and are capable of it....... are welcome to join us
OR are welcome to take the proverbial "Flying F###".
I mean who gives a Schiess. It is better to talk turkey with China just it might also be meaningful to do the same with Somalia in some time!

Speak for yourself, I still am attached to Lahore. If we idiot South Asians can put away our ego, which stems from insecurity because we are a rather unaccomplished people compared to our ancestors, we could be a pretty good place. IPI pipeline and FTA would go a HUGE way in improving our lives. People laugh at how poor and stupid we are; we are the butt of people's jokes.

Nice article .All of this are valid points.

If they were utlizes the opportunities offered by our previous gen of leaders they would have been a significant part in our policy.But Pakistan short sighted policy with emotiinal back up is back fired in big time.
Their last bus was at place when the Manmohan Singh ruled the PMO.Now that bus is also gone.

This is new generation.Around 70% of new gen Indians only cares about our nations prosperity..For them Pakistan is an epic centre of terrorism.

Even AB Vajpayee gave them a golden chance with his Lahore bus .But their leaders destroyed all that opportunities.You cant expect the same from us in this new gen not any more .Peoples dont like it and it turns to complete hate after 26/11 .So politicians and officials dont have time to spend for it.

Even though I do not share the same borders as you do; I have not veered around to that. But it astounds me that as the World seems to be progressing, some people are revelling in retrograde movement.

Actually Ashok Malik has hit the nub of the matter. People like me who are not "mid-night's children" do not wish to carry any 'excess baggage' of History. We want to make and mark our places in History instead.

As for the rest; those who want and are capable of it....... are welcome to join us
OR are welcome to take the proverbial "Flying F###".
I mean who gives a Schiess. It is better to talk turkey with China just it might also be meaningful to do the same with Somalia in some time!

Well, the idea that the world is actually progressing is debatable..since the more I read into it we are literally repeating various "events" and "cycles" with only changes in structures of society and technology. I will be posting an article on it but a read into Al-Berunis Kitab al Hind for e.g. will find many traits of the people of hind which he observed some 1000 years ago still very valid today.

Back
Top Bottom