What's new

Fake Twitter Profiles of Geo Group bashing Imran Khan, PTI & Rival Media Personalities

Sniper_Lycan

Reaction score
  • Official Investigative reports shows numerous fake Twitter profiles found on the payroll of Geo Group bashing Imran Khan, PTI, rival media enterprises and news anchors
  • As per insider account, Geo Network’s Director of Strategy and Planning; Faisal Sherjan responsible of carrying out hate-filled propaganda on Twitter.

Jang/GEO group has faced a major backlash as a result of series of controversial incidents such as anti-army sentiments, religious blasphemy and many more. While enormous credit goes to the social media users especially the active Pakistani Twitter users who showed dismay and outrage on Geo/Jang’s irresponsible behavior as a media organization. Now, apparently learning from this digital backlash that translated in a real-time ban on their channel and public rejection of their broadcast and print mediums, it seems as if Jang/GEO group has stooped to a new low due to their use of underhanded tactics and immoral practices to spread hatred within Pakistan via social media.

A recently resigned ex-Geo Network employee who refused to be named, revealed that “Baray Mir Sahab (Mir Shakeel ur Rahman) has asked Jang Group’s Director of Strategy and Planning Mr. Faisal Sherjan to assemble a small team of hackers and social media junkies whose entire purpose was to run vindictive campaigns against those who appeared to be expressing their opinion against Geo/Jang Group’s ongoing series of mis-steps and the real face of the notorious media group’s owners.

Geo’s network defamation team

Apparently, Mr. Sherjan’s orders were to:
(1)To run vindictive campaigns against those who appeared to be a thorn in the mafia-like organization’s side. Including respected media anchors and political leaders of PTI namely Imran Khan, Shireen Mazari, Awab Alvi, Jawed Hashmi, Asad Omar).
(2)To malign the reputation of Geo Network’s would-be competitors by casting a series of baseless allegations against them.

After several heated complaints that Geo Group was using popular social media channel Twitter to propagate hate speech and spread heinous lies regarding anyone daring to speak his/her mind against Geo/Jang or siding with the ones highlighting Geo Television’s one after continued attempts to hamper the religious and national integrity of Pakistan on-air; official investigations revealed that A Group of Fake Twitter Profiles has been used to spread its negative propaganda and hate-speech against anyone that dares to speak up against Geo Network, Jang Group and its owners.

Investigations also led to the conclusion that the Geo’s self created hash-tags like#GeoAurJeenayDo, #PityforPTI (ridiculing PTI and Imran Khan) and “#LucmanChaCha” (mockery of Mubasher Lucman, famous news anchor known for speaking up against Geo) were crawling with tweets from the certain same group of Twitter profiles that didn’t have any normal activity other than bashing any one talking against GEO. They continued to tweet aggressively in favor of Geo even during those times when Pakistan Army, PEMRA and religious authorities voiced their displeasure against Geo’s antics. At times, it was even comical; as such devotion can only be compared to religious fanatics – when the entire twitter community of Pakistan, including the unbiased media personnel voiced their discomfort on Geo’s behavior!

One such victim was respected TV anchor, Mubasher Lucman. In the aforementioned case, they even created derogatory attack profiles such as“@KharaJhoot”and“@LucmanChaCha”to spread their hate speech. Our Ex-insider of Geo Network also informed that all the employees were laterrequiredto post as many as 20 tweets in “favor of Geo Network” or else threatened to face disciplinary action.

When the informant was asked why he was no longer a part of Geo Network, he replied, “When I was asked to work on a similar Twitter campaign against Imran Khan when he carried a press conference exposing Geo and Mir Shakeel’s misdoings and type up lies about others, I made it clear that it was against my moral integrity and right of freedom of speech and I wanted no part of it. Upon my refusal to do this, I was asked to respectfully resign, so I did.”

Twitter is a place for free speech showing the real time reactions and trends among the masses. Only a major denouncer of Freedom of Speech and a media organization like Geo/Jang Group with a history of twisting the facts to their own advantage can be easily envisioned to be caught red-handed being involved in such cyber-criminal behavior being lead under the likes of Mir Shakeel ur Rahman and Faisal Sherjan!

GEO Group’s Cyber Crimes Finally Exposed by Twitter! | Pak Cyber Tsunami

There were many fake account made on siasat.pk to support Geo but all closed after ban is lifted...

Back
Top Bottom