What's new

Fake Degrees Scandal

bas ... itni door tak he soch sakte ho...???

Try to get your vision broader.

:hang2::hang2::hang2: here the broader vision : 6 more angotha chaap politicians busted

Six more degrees declared bogus by Punjab University

LAHORE: The spokesman for the Punjab University has stated that out of 314 degrees of parliamentarians, sent by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) for verification purposes to the university, a verification report regarding 217 degrees was sent to HEC on Tuesday, out of which six degrees have been declared bogus.

The spokesman said that the entire relevant record pertaining to the 314 degrees is available with the PU Examinations Branch and the Special Examination Committee worked very hard to complete the verification work as early as possible.

The university has already returned the photocopies of degrees of eight parliamentarians which were very vague and illegible. The verification report regarding the remaining 97 degrees will be sent to the HEC at earliest possible time.– DawnNews

Degree Holders basically cannot prove themselves at their own. They need a "paper" to tell others that they are also competent.

:disagree:

It is about "credentials"... Otherwise i can sit here and claim to be a mechanical engineer that is a claim. When you step into the "real" world people wish to see where you obtained this knowledge, from which house of higher learning (Home learning) does not count.

So a degree is part of your credentials, if your still have trouble:
Let me google that for you

A credential is an attestation of qualification, competence, or authority issued to an individual by a third party with a relevant de jure or de facto authority or assumed competence to do so.

Now stop acting silly and learn to accept facts. If it were as simple as "I know what im doing", then why have universities? Why have colleges? Its not just academic qualifications, other qualifications include technical and vocational training.

All schools of learning be they technical, vocations, academic, require some proof of “competence” which takes the form of a degree. Tell me the honest truth, would you allow a doctor to practice on you, without checking his credentials?

Babar Formula’ on the cards to protect fake degree-holders

* Govt engaged in negotiations with allies, PML-Q to introduce bill in NA over issue
* PML-N, MQM not going to back the proposed bill

By Irfan Ghauri

ISLAMABAD: The government’s legal pundits led by Federal Law Minister Babar Awan have come up with a new national reconciliation bill to bail out fake degree-holders, informed sources told Daily Times on Thursday.

The government is currently engaged in taking into confidence its allied parties, as well as the PML-Q over the proposed bill. As pressure mounts on fake degree-holders with each passing day, the Federal Law Ministry has devised a formula — known amongst political circles as the Babar Formula — to save the parliamentarians from any further embarrassment.

“The political ground work is almost complete and the bill has also been drafted”, the sources said, adding that, “It would be presented in the upcoming session of the National Assembly”. Though no more valid now, possessing a bachelors’ degree was one of the prerequisites for contesting national and provincial assembly elections back in 2008.

According to estimates, more than 150 members of the assemblies contested elections on fake degrees and they might have to resign in a move that could have huge political implications for the current government. The bill, if approved by the National Assembly and the Senate, would have a retrospective effect.

The government has so far been successful in convincing at least three of its four allied parties to support the legislation. However, the MQM has still not committed itself to supporting the bill, saying it would be tantamount to favoring “culprits of the nation”.

But officials from both sides said that the MQM was considering abstaining form voting on the bill to give the government a chance of getting it approved from both the houses without any difficulty. According to insiders, President Asif Ali Zardari has assigned Labour Minister Khursheed Ali Shah and Interior Minister Rehman Malik the task of convincing the MQM and contacts have already been established.

The ANP, the JUI-F and group of parliamentarians from the tribal regions led by Munir Orakzai have assured the government that they would vote in favor of the bill. The government has managed to get the support of the PML-Q, in what appears to be an indication of the new political alignment in the country.

A PML-Q MNA from Bahawalpur division Riaz Pirzada said the bill had already been drafted and might be introduced to the National Assembly later this month. According to Pirzada, the government is negotiating with various parties and there are indications that a consensus can emerge over the issue ahead of the next meeting of the lower house.

Pirzada, however, added the legislation would be brought to the National Assembly as a private bill by himself and several other parliamentarians from various parties.

PML-Q Information Secretary Kamal Ali Agha, however, said the party is still to decide its “official reaction” to the issue and had not decided whether or not to support the bill. Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Information Secretary Fauzia Wahab did not deny that the government was seeking support from other parties for protecting fake degree-holders.

A top leader of the JUI-F said that the party would support “anything in favor of the democracy”.

the 'lotaras' saving the 'lotaras' - shameful - how low one can get!!!

Understandable. Babar Awan's Ph.d degree is doubtful so naturally he is working tirelessly to save his companions. "Admirable work" indeed!:victory::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rescueranger

Don't include this ghissi pitti example of doctor. Tell me should University offer job of Science Teacher to Micheal Faradey ... considering the fact that he is under Matric?

And need of "credentials" arise for common people having ordinary capabilities ... who cannot independently demonstrate their competence. So they do need third party confirmations.

And I tell about myself. My teacher in M.Com warned me that he will destroy my career. I took his challenge. I replied my career cannot be in the hands of any professor of any lallu panju university. As a result of my pangas with teachers, i failed in M.Com.

I have NO Accounting degree. But then I developed my own accounting Software and now I am running a successfully growing Accounting Software firm. And these "degree holders" are employees in my firm and I am their boss.

I don't need any "credentials" to prove myself. I don't show any paper or any third party report to show my competency. I can demonstrate my product before actual sale to customers. And my customers include chartered accountants.

You should go and ask degrees from Bill Gates and Micheal Dell also...!!!

They will mind when you will ask their "credentials". And will not offer you job!

what's the latest score of every party?

Regards,
FE

yes ... plz someone update us .... who is winning , Until recently it was PMLN .... with the resolution against media and subsequent invetigations by prominent journos PMLN have scored a few own goals as well... I m sure they deserve to win this marathon.

@Rescueranger

Don't include this ghissi pitti example of doctor. Tell me should University offer job of Science Teacher to Micheal Faradey ... considering the fact that he is under Matric?

And need of "credentials" arise for common people having ordinary capabilities ... who cannot independently demonstrate their competence. So they do need third party confirmations.

And I tell about myself. My teacher in M.Com warned me that he will destroy my career. I took his challenge. I replied my career cannot be in the hands of any professor of any lallu panju university. As a result of my pangas with teachers, i failed in M.Com.

I have NO Accounting degree. But then I developed my own accounting Software and now I am running a successfully growing Accounting Software firm. And these "degree holders" are employees in my firm and I am their boss.

I don't need any "credentials" to prove myself. I don't show any paper or any third party report to show my competency. I can demonstrate my product before actual sale to customers. And my customers include chartered accountants.

You should go and ask degrees fro Bill Gates and Micheal Dell also...!!!

They will mind when you will ask their "credentials".
Firstly... Good for you that you have made youself. Secondly, don't let pride fool you. Third and most important, you sir are just as common people as myself or the man who makes my tea in the office (so lets not go there shall we).

Don't include this ghissi pitti example of doctor.

Why shouldnt i?

Tell me should University offer job of Science Teacher to Micheal Faradey ... considering the fact that he is under Matric?

LOL... You forget that Genius or not, he was an understudy of Humphry Davy. Guess where he learnt his art? The Royal Institution. And what was the "Royal Institution"? The Royal Institution of Great Britain | Home page

I don't need any "credentials" to prove myself.

When you submit a quote for a tender or you approach a client, what do they ask for?

How long has your company been operating
Who are your clients
Your core-product / salient features
Aftersales support
Your financial strength

Guess what these are? They are called "Credentials". Also don't get ahead of yourself, a company just like any other orginisation is only as strong as it's people. Your people are your edge.

Your post quoted above is a perfect example of a person who is suffering from "unconscious incompetence":

conscious-competence.jpg

And these "degree holders" are employees in my firm and I am their boss.
You know what that sounds like:
i_love_myself_and_thats_all_that_matters.jpg

You should go and ask degrees fro Bill Gates and Micheal Dell also...!!!
:disagree:
Even Bill Gates got his Degree:
Bill Gates to finally receive his Harvard degree

Bye bye :wave:

Fake degree is wrong because it is a fraud. But 'authentic degree' is also a fraud with 'degree holder'.

Degree Holder bechara samajhta rehta hai k wo competent ban gaya hai.

Degree ka bas matlab ye hai k iss person ko ham ne achi tarah check ker liya hai. jo kaam iss ko diya jaye ... chup chap os kaam ko waise he ker deta hai jaise os ko order kiya jata hai. Jis tarah aadhi zindagi iss ne papers main numbers lene k chakron main guzari hai .. osi tarah baaqi ki aadhi zindagi employer k aage apne numbers banane main guzare ga.

Waghaira waghaira...!!!

The issue here is fraud and forgery by members of our legislature. Pleas express your anarchist views on some other thread. Any more posts expressing anarchist opinion about how a degree is no measure of competency will get deleted.

LOL... You forget that Genius or not, he was an understudy of Humphry Davy. Guess where he learnt his art? The Royal Institution. And what was the "Royal Institution"? The Royal Institution of Great Britain | Home page

Following is written in Wikipedia Article about Micheal Faradey:

The young Michael Faraday, the third of four children, having only the most basic of school educations, had to largely educate himself.

I salute Micheal Faradey who proved himself without any third party verification about him...!!!

And keep in mind ... Royal Institute etc.... or any other university give opportunity to such brave persons only when they already have proven themselves in the whole world!

Sparkelingway ... issue is related to main topic. It should be allowed.

No, it is not and one more post will get you suspended for derailing the thread. Open a thread in members club to discuss your opinions over the necessity and value of education qualifications and degrees. This is not the appropriate thread.

@Rescueranger

hmmmm. you replied in respect of Bill Gates ... but why you skipped Micheal Dell...???

I had purposefully mentioned both names so that you show that you can defend only one:)

Last edited:
@ Sparkelingway

i dont accept your decision. do suspend me. this should be open forum as long as there is no hate preach. if you decide to suspend me then bye. be happy!

Back
Top Bottom