What's new

Fair Karachi census would have prevented PPP majority based on rural area and changed political landscape, establishment prevented that

I am not talking about what govt did or didn't do. I am talking about this mentality that Karachi is for mohjirs only take other people out or sent them back home.

If they are not counted in Karachi census then they are not entitled to Karachi resources then definitly they must be sent home. Whats the issue here, its plain and simple? They are simpy a burden on its resources and the city gets no compensation in return, neither politically, economically and financially.

where does moohajir come into this picture, no where he said anything related to mohajirs.

regards

Only solution karachi to be declared south sindh province

All other things are experiments which will fail as in past

If they are not counted in Karachi census then they are not entitled to Karachi resources then definitly they must be sent home. Whats the issue here, its plain and simple? They are simpy a burden on its resources and the city gets no compensation in return, neither politically, economically and financially.

where does moohajir come into this picture, no where he said anything related to mohajirs.

regards
" half population of karachi is based on people who come from other provinces " what's the other half of population of Karachi? Sindhi maybe?

" half population of karachi is based on people who come from other provinces " what's the other half of population of Karachi? Sindhi maybe?

half of karachi population is not counted, why is that? please ask the federal government before bringing mohajir sindhi notion here to boost your argument, the fact explains itself.

regards

half of karachi population is not counted, why is that? please ask the federal government before bringing mohajir sindhi notion here to boost your argument, the fact explains itself.

regards
My family after 1947 migrated to Punjab so that makes me mohjir too but my 3 roommates all from Karachi won't simply accept that fact and call me punjabi which makes sense and i am totally okay with that but they won't call themselves Sindhi at all. After living with them for past 2 years i've found them extremely racist towards Punjabis and Sindhis. So yes my argument which you don't like is solely based on my experience.

My family after 1947 migrated to Punjab so that makes me mohjir too but my 3 roommates all from Karachi won't simply accept that fact and call me punjabi which makes sense and i am totally okay with that but they won't call themselves Sindhi at all. After living with them for past 2 years i've found them extremely racist towards Punjabis and Sindhis. So yes my argument which you don't like is solely based on my experience.
I have almost 60% punjabi friends and they used to say karachi ke bahiya so i suppose they 60% racist too.

I have almost 60% punjabi friends and they used to say karachi ke bahiya so i suppose they 60% racist too.
Well it does make them racist and this is why we should be careful while posting stuff online so people don't take you as a racist .

LOL what are you getting at.... Even on this forum members and certain repeat offenders get regularly banned for their racist rants against Urdu speakers/Muhajir, calling us Indians, Hindustani, UP/Bihar products and what not. Btw this Muhajir term is extensively used by MQM voters and supporters, most people prefer to use the term Urdu speaker. I for one despise it if someone calls me Muhajir.

While the racism exhibited by Urdu speakers for Punjabis is next to nothing. Yes we have a beef with Sindhis and that is due to subjugation of PPP Sindhi waderas of the people of Karachi and the continued support that PPP gets from interior Sindh. The average everyday Urdu speaker has no personal issue with a Punjabi or Sindhi person.

Perhaps you are unaware of the dynamics of Karachi. Even with the flop census it revealed that 40% plus minus of the population is Urdu speaking. Punjabis and Pathans are roughly 20% each and Sindhi, Baluchis, Kashmiris, Afghans, Bengalis etc make up the rest of the 20%. It's very hard to be racist in Karachi because your neighborhoods and schools are full of all the communities that reside in Pakistan.

People of Karachi need to take action in the upcoming election. It's enough now.

People of Karachi need to take action in the upcoming election. It's enough now.
Bhai what else action you propose?

Karachi has never voted for PPP. In 2018 we gave 14/21 seats to PTI and the rest to MQM. I believe PPP only managed 1-2 seats. Even Lyari rejected PPP.

What other option does Karachi have???

The establishment keeps backing PPP at the expense of Karachiites. Then they will be surprised if there is an armed uprising against injustice.

establishment ensured that PPPP formed government through rural areas, increasing the Karachi representation through fair census would have ensured PPP couldn't form govt based solely on interior rural sindh's votes, Lack of majority would have forced PPP concede to Karachi demands by seeking its coalition otherwise it would have lead to assembly dissolution, relection and political turmoil.

Karachi was handed short stick by the very own armed establishment so lets not blame PPP solely for the bad situation of the city.

regards
Did it ever occur to you that to the Sindhi's Karachi is their city has been by settled by foreign migrants and occupied? Much similiar to how masive Jewish migration altered the demography of Palestine to a point where the Palestinians became a minority in many areas of heir own land.

As GM Syed said little did he know that when Sind assembly passed the Pakistan resolution in 1940 they were writing away their port city to outside migrants. Think about that.

I noticed the very same issue in Afghanistan, the Tajik, Pashtun, Pashhai, Nuristanis, get along but there is a strong hostility toward the Hazaras, and it’s not even because they are Shia, and despite them being there for 700 years, they are still not accepted, unbelievable.

Bhai what else action you propose?

Karachi has never voted for PPP. In 2018 we gave 14/21 seats to PTI and the rest to MQM. I believe PPP only managed 1-2 seats. Even Lyari rejected PPP.

What other option does Karachi have???

The establishment keeps backing PPP at the expense of Karachiites. Then they will be surprised if there is an armed uprising against injustice.
Karachi democratic party

Never mind the fact that despite governing Sindh for decades, said establishment didn't even build 1 alternate metropolis in the region. Not even one!

They could've at least made another Lahore out of Hyderabad or Larkana (heck, even at Karachi's expense) so that there's another hub to help drive the economy (and generate jobs, tax revenue, etc). But NO! We need to hold Karachi by the scrotum and squeeze, and squeeze, and squeeze until it dies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom