What's new

Failure of Pakistani Government; it’s the time for Army to hold Pakistan?

Three things Pakistan must do:

- confiscate feudal land - almost every other country on Earth has done it. India did it right after independence.

- abolish all provinces - they only promote ethnic divisions and ethnic politics at the expense of national unity.

- abolish all political parties - the country will never progress as long as it's held hostage to the ongoing family feud between the Bhuttos and Sharifs. We must also destroy the power of religious parties.

Well the feudal land lord exists in britain not that feudal but he can certainly creep into the house of Lords with enough money and land

Surely you can't dream of destroying all the provinces we aren't tipping to communism yet but shouldn't we be a bit diverse

Who will we elect if we destroy political parties.

Apologeis but such immature arguements surely don't make sense if it were you incharge we could simply just allow Indian tanks to roll form across the border and take charge seeing that we don't need provinces and need help destroying our feudal lord system and also need to finish our political parties.

I suggest that we get our thinking right, and start of in the direction of a solution, and a leader will emerge by natural selection.

Its about getting the environment right, the right substrate will house the right leader.

That is correct. Politicians do not grow on trees, they rise out of the general population. Our biggest challenge is to change the national mindset and instil unity, patriotism, and hope within our people. This is the job of the media, and the solution is for us to either convince media personalities, or go into the media field ourselves.

Surely you can't dream of destroying all the provinces we aren't tipping to communism yet but shouldn't we be a bit diverse

What on earth does provinces have to do with communism? The provinces need to go because they are built along ethnic lines and promote ethnic divisions within the country. They need to be replaced by much, much smaller districts.

Who will we elect if we destroy political parties.

We will elect individuals who run on the basis of their own merits and accountability, not because they belong to some party.

Apologeis but such immature arguements surely don't make sense if it were you incharge we could simply just allow Indian tanks to roll form across the border and take charge seeing that we don't need provinces and need help destroying our feudal lord system and also need to finish our political parties.

Ethnic and religious divisions are killing Pakistan, literally. We still haven't learnt the lesson of 1971 and are repeating it in Balochistan. We have allowed NWFP and FATA to remain lawless and become santuaries for terrorists who kill our people. It is because, for 60 years, the government of Pakistan has been focussed only on Punjab/Sindh, and neglected the other areas. The Bangalis got fed up and left. The Balochis may do so. The Pashtun tribes are hosting anti-Pakistan foreign fighters with impunity because, clearly, they do not feel they are an integral part of Pakistan.

The biggest problem with our nation is that when we get democracy,we ppl start to criticsize them.and when the dictator comes,we all pray for democracy.so better let this govt. go till their 5 yrs.or if any general will come,then if any one of u will say anything against him here,he is gonna block this site..this is a lil example between dictator and democracy..

The biggest problem with our nation is that when we get democracy,we ppl start to criticsize them.and when the dictator comes,we all pray for democracy.so better let this govt. go till their 5 yrs.or if any general will come,then if any one of u will say anything against him here,he is gonna block this site..this is a lil example between dictator and democracy..

Our biggest problem is
A Impatience and
B All talk and no action.
Could anyone explain to me what we have manged to sort out that has merged us together as a nation? We do not have discipline, we do not have education, basic cleanliness or a sense of direction. Has that changed under Army rule? Why have we gone from bad to worse inspite of Army's repeated intervention? Is it the responsibility of the army to run the state?
The fact remains that momentary reprieve apart, the armed forces have done zilch during the years that they have ruled pakistan. In many ways this is what has played into the hands of our politicians(especially the corrupt ones) more than anything else
We need to establish a system and stick to it. Let the system work its glitches out. It will take time. We need to be patient. As to the country, it has always been one step away from default for a long time and will continue to do so till a proper system evolves. This "Aadha Teetar Aadha Batair" policy must end once and for all. Every body is sitting down and expecting the politicians or the Army to do it for them. Does anyone ever stand up and ask, what have I done for my country today? Tll we start having this feeling about pakistan, putting it above our petty vested interests, we are going nowhere.
Araz

Our biggest problem is
A Impatience and
B All talk and no action.
Could anyone explain to me what we have manged to sort out that has merged us together as a nation? We do not have discipline, we do not have education, basic cleanliness or a sense of direction. Has that changed under Army rule? Why have we gone from bad to worse inspite of Army's repeated intervention? Is it the responsibility of the army to run the state?
The fact remains that momentary reprieve apart, the armed forces have done zilch during the years that they have ruled pakistan. In many ways this is what has played into the hands of our politicians(especially the corrupt ones) more than anything else
We need to establish a system and stick to it. Let the system work its glitches out. It will take time. We need to be patient. As to the country, it has always been one step away from default for a long time and will continue to do so till a proper system evolves. This "Aadha Teetar Aadha Batair" policy must end once and for all. Every body is sitting down and expecting the politicians or the Army to do it for them. Does anyone ever stand up and ask, what have I done for my country today? Tll we start having this feeling about pakistan, putting it above our petty vested interests, we are going nowhere.
Araz

Kool one ..:mps::mps:

I agree with analysis of Lt Gen (r) Gul. We need new names new ideas new approach new methods. Young nationalist leaders who put Pakistan first before anything else. These old farts carry too much counter productive baggage

Not at all, not in 1000 years my friend. A Bank manager, no matter how good he is cannot be a surgeon and a soldier, no matter how good he is at discipline and control cannot control a country populated by civilians. Remember, in Army, you are sentenced if you disobey but in Civil Government, you have to know art of carrying people along who are saying no.

But as far as Options are concerned. We have next President of the Country ready . Just have a look at somebody who is a Soldier, a Scholar and brave Muslim with Green Eyes. He wears Red Cap.

Not at all, not in 1000 years my friend. A Bank manager, no matter how good he is cannot be a surgeon and a soldier, no matter how good he is at discipline and control cannot control a country populated by civilians. Remember, in Army, you are sentenced if you disobey but in Civil Government, you have to know art of carrying people along who are saying no.

But as far as Options are concerned. We have next President of the Country ready . Just have a look at somebody who is a Soldier, a Scholar and brave Muslim with Green Eyes. He wears Red Cap.

:woot::woot::woot:

p.s. not gonna happen ;)

ive warmed up to Imran Khan a lot. But he does say certain things that really annoy me.

like i said --- only new faces will bring change. Americans got their Obama....now it is our turn, we want our "Obama." Someone with charisma who is well-educated, nationalistic, honest, funny, straight forward, well-spoken and polished, and very tough and resolute on stances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom