What's new

Failure: Covert French spec ops strike in Somalia,ends in disaster.

Yes, agreed, it does support a coalition in which extremist elements are present. Hopefully it does not get hijacked by the Brotherhood or their sponsors like the revolution in Egypt.

You are way behind..... France is support Jubhat Al Nusra and the terrorists FSA aka Alqaeda

You are way behind..... France is support Jubhat Al Nusra and the terrorists FSA aka Alqaeda

Which is one of the groups fighting on the side of the opposition to Assad. Like i said before-coalition in which extremist elements are present. How am i behind? Now don't get me wrong, i think both sides are quite equal to each other in the attrocities department.

Meanwhile in UK

65850_10152377023910012_1989724567_n.jpg

299588_10152377025600012_869426754_n.jpg

Livin it up in UK and demanding Sharia in Mali . Khilafah as well . LOL

Total nutjobs

**** those guys. Half of them living on welfare and then demanding crap. Makes us who work hard and come to the west for a better life look bad.

completely agreed man . these people give image of south asians huge beating !!

Rip to the French and hostage dead.

I'm hearing that the MIA French Soldier was Captured wounded by rebel forces.

Also another french helicopter gunner was apparently killed elsewhere. Not a good day.

Rip to the French and hostage dead.

I'm hearing that the MIA French Soldier was Captured wounded by revel forces.

Also another french helicopter gunner was apparently killed elsewhere. Not a good day.

The new hostage replaces the old and will probably be used as a bargaining chip. @Audio they are going to have to hold off that bombing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Delta force assassination squad couldn't escape Mogadishu how do the French think they could do the same???

Meanwhile in UK

65850_10152377023910012_1989724567_n.jpg

299588_10152377025600012_869426754_n.jpg

Livin it up in UK and demanding Sharia in Mali . Khilafah as well . LOL

Those pictures are photoshop. SPECIALLY the second one with guys.

See clearly..huhhh:rolleyes:

I agree so how could the French Ops be a failure? My comment is aimed at the Fanboys here who think SSG is wholey grail and all other Special Ops people are failures.

Calm down. Putting the light banter aside, no one here believes that French Special Forces are a bunch of push overs. I would argue that they are right up there on the top with the best of the best. They are highly trained, motivated and some of the toughest guys out there in the field. Over the years, SSG has held several exercises with the French and they they have the highest amount of respect for them. I think a lot of the banter the French receive is due to their performance in WW1 and WW2. They forget that before the rise of Prussia, French Armies dominated continental Europe and were the undisputed masters of land warfare.

The SSG has had its share of failures, no doubt about that. But one needs to look deep into the history of Pakistan Army to understand why. Initially, SSG never received the attention as it should have as PA believed in the doctrine of massive infantry and armoured attacks. Not much focus was given to the special forces, this is why the performance of the SSG was quite substandard during the 65 and 71 war. It is only in the last 2 decades that SSG has gotten the attention that it deserved, and you can see that the performance of the SSG has improved by leaps and bounds since than.

Black Hawk 3 was when the TTP bomber blew up a SSG Mess killing 20.

Sir please, this is a very unfair remark. One needs to understand the compulsions, one cannot do much when a coward disguises himself and attacks you from the behind.

Black Hawk 4 was TTP beheaded 4 SSG soldiers brutally.

Again Sir not a very good example. TTP tricked those men, they assured them off safe passage because the Swat peace deal had been signed, but due to their imbedded nature they engaged in duplicity. But you forgot to mention the latter part of the story, how the SSG hunted down that TTP commander and those men responsible and slaughtered them like dogs.

Black Hawk 5 was Lal Masjid Ops where the SSG lost their brave Commanding Officer.

Sir, again a very poor example. One needs to look at the constraints that SSG was facing at the time, this operation was highly politicized and that is why we lost men. SSG during the initial stages were under strict orders not to engage in any sort of fire fight, this is why we lost Lt Col Haroon ul Islam in the initial stages as the firing from the terrorists came out of no where. But overall if you look at the operation, considering the size of the mosque and the constraints faced by the SSG, the operation was executed with amazing efficiency. We would have not have taken any casualties if SSG request of conducting the raid at night time would have been accepted, and keep in mind that the SSG had to differentiate between the civilians and the militants inside the mosque. Not a single civilian was killed by SSG fire, now that is a feat that the SSG can be proud off.

One only needs to look at the performance of the SSG during the Rah e Nijat and Rah e Rast operations to see how they have improved by leaps and bounds.

Special Ops People all over the world are brave. Respect them as PA has itself lost many in ops. 17 terrorists died in this ops.

No doubt about that, i have my highest respect for all Special Ops folks.

You forgot how dumb you are. Tell me, how would you take out terrorists inside 2 5 star hotels and a Jewish center with over 1000 potential hostages that could die ? I guess your country's special forces would have pussied out and decided to blow up the entire place , killing the terrorists and 1000 people within a few minutes.
And 48 hours is not that much considering the fact that your country hasn't been able to eliminate a bunch of rag tag rebels called the taliban for the last 10 years , despite having all possible weapons at their disposal and a free hand to use drones and fighter jets on vast areas of Afghanistan.

Taliban are the most brutal, most well-trained, most well-equipped, and most experienced organized insurgent fighting squad on the face of this entire planet!!!!!!! Add Al Qaeda element to that....So these aren't some 'bunch of rag tag' guys. Some fighters of Taliban are way,way better soldiers than your special services guys..and this ain't even a troll. The people who have studied and fought Talibans know this.

Spl. Operations are not foolproof.

Anytime it can go wrong. There is no point saying French are weak or not a better force.

@sarthak - just leave it dude. Its not worth it. SSG is a competent force and just because one bigot says something about our Spec forces does not mean SSG which is a credible fighting force has to be denigrated. These guys making fun of the Spec forces are the ones who would **** their pants when put into one day of training with those guys.

EDIT : - I partially take back what I said - read up on the SSG role in Op Gibralter and against the Spetznaz GRU in the battle for hill 3234. Op.Gibralter was a pure disaster while in the latter Spetznaz kicked ***. But considering that Spetznaz were considered the best of the best at that time I would not hold that against them. Still a good fighting force the SSG is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom