What's new

Factbox: Pakistan's blasphemy law strikes fear in minorities

The law against blasphemy is written too broadly ("innuendo"????) and the penalty too severe to be on the books in a civilized nation. If Pakistani society wants to protect itself from blasphemy, then it needs to write a law that is more similar in language and penalty as one against slander or libel. And the law needs to include the slander and libel against revered figures of ANY religions as well. Otherwise, the blasphemy law is barbaric in the 21st century, just like a punishment of mutilating (cutting off limbs) criminals is barbaric. Come on, Pakistan! Evolve!! Get more humane, not less. Please!

hmmm i will just say one thing humane is not just want you think...

Islam give full rights and also suggest punishment system for wrong deeds and being a Muslim we need to follow them...

westerns need to learn and respect islamic laws in Islamic countries... dont question them as you are not awar of it properly.... there are some westerns laws which i can say barbaric in nature.....

who said anyone can kill anyone.... please read again i am saying she was proven guilty in court...and then this person came to help her....

killing anyone is wrong and in Islamic Republic of Pakistan court verdict is final ....
the person who killed this governer is being captured and case is registered against him......so justice will be done......

why we look only this case sir . look at past what was happen to hindu guy in karachi when he love a muslim girl he was killed and burnt . there is many examples like this which i dont wanna repeat :rolleyes:

this law is used by people of pakistan many times for personal reasons and it will in future . and not only this tuheen e quraan and hadood laws abused also in many cases sir.

why we look only this case sir . look at past what was happen to hindu guy in karachi when he love a muslim girl he was killed and burnt . there is many examples like this which i dont wanna repeat :rolleyes:

this law is used by people of pakistan many times for personal reasons and it will in future . and not only this tuheen e quraan and hadood laws abused also in many cases sir.

yes you are right but can you give me assurance that people all over the world dont do wrong deeds ?????

google it....
- Baby P in UK (mother and her boyfriend killed a 3 years old with kicks n punches without any reasons)
- more then 1000 muslims killed in indian gujrat state for no reasons. after babri mosque...
-http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8587082.stm
- etc etc.....

westerns need to learn and respect islamic laws in Islamic countries... dont question them as you are not awar of it properly.... there are some westerns laws which i can say barbaric in nature.....

Mr. Leviza, Sir,

Why do you need to use two false flags for your posts? Given the English syntax and grammar in your posts, you cannot possibly be an American living in the UK. Are you ashamed of your origin? Why?

yes you are right but can you give me assurance that people all over the world dont do wrong deeds ?????

google it....
- Baby P in UK (mother and her boyfriend killed a 3 years old with kicks n punches without any reasons)
- more then 1000 muslims killed in indian gujrat state for no reasons. after babri mosque...
- etc etc.....

leave them alone indian muslims are not our problem they are more happy then we. also UK even whole uk go underwater i dont care .my problem is pakistan we have alot of problems this time but the main problem is extremism un tolerate socity and fact is its the reason of economic problem also because no one is going to invest in such condition sir.if gov cant do any thing for law they can finish it at least there will be no license for kill anyone then say he-she insult prophet . or put in jail someone then call they broke hadood and forget him-her for many years.its happen here sir.

Mr. Leviza, Sir,

Why do you need to use two false flags for your posts? Given the English syntax and grammar in your posts, you cannot possibly be an American living in the UK. Are you ashamed of your origin? Why?

go and read my introduction in into forum and you will know....
i am a proud Pakistani baloch and born in NY and these days living in london... any problem ?????

leave them alone indian muslims are not our problem they are more happy then we. also UK even whole uk go underwater i dont care .my problem is pakistan we have alot of problems this time but the main problem is extremism un tolerate socity and fact is its the reason of economic problem also because no one is going to invest in such condition sir.if gov cant do any thing for law they can finish it at least there will be no license for kill anyone then say he-she insult prophet . or put in jail someone then call they broke hadood and forget him-her for many years.its happen here sir.

i understand what you are saying.... but the fact is that what genral people of Pakistan do when law is only for them and they see this upper/leader class bypass all of them and the country name is Islamic republic of Pakistan the reason of its existance is ISLAM and you so called these leaders dont know anything about Islam.......

There are 2 extremism in Pakistan... one is very rigid and in this regidness they dont even think that they have crossed the lines
Others are very Liberal they think even drinking is good in Islam ....

these leaders need to start following Laws first and then expect general public to follow it.....

Mr. Leviza, Sir,

Or maybe he is just another person who is not that fluent in English. Are you trying to imply that you need to speak,understand and write proper English to enter into the US or UK? Time to open our minds a little pal, and stop being a snob. Time to evolve, if I dare say that.

The law against blasphemy is written too broadly ("innuendo"????) and the penalty too severe to be on the books in a civilized nation. If Pakistani society wants to protect itself from blasphemy, then it needs to write a law that is more similar in language and penalty as one against slander or libel. And the law needs to include the slander and libel against revered figures of ANY religions as well. Otherwise, the blasphemy law is barbaric in the 21st century, just like a punishment of mutilating (cutting off limbs) criminals is barbaric. Come on, Pakistan! Evolve!! Get more humane, not less. Please!

There are blasphemy laws in many other countries stretching from South America to Africa to Europe. I suggest you look it up, the only difference is that its categorized as hate speech. Many evolved and civilized countries prohibit mocking any religious figure under the pretext of hate speech.

Regarding how a blasphemer should be punished, well the old testament simply says to kill them, which is the authority for both Judaism and Christianity. Islam on the other hand gives you four options which include death,crucifixion,cutting off opposite limbs or banishment from the land.

If you have any other options which leaves a blasphemer better rehabilitated please enlighten us with evidence and proof.

i understand what you are saying.... but the fact is that what genral people of Pakistan do when law is only for them and they see this upper/leader class bypass all of them and the country name is Islamic republic of Pakistan the reason of its existance is ISLAM and you so called these leaders dont know anything about Islam.......

There are 2 extremism in Pakistan... one is very rigid and in this regidness they dont even think that they have crossed the lines
Others are very Liberal they think even drinking is good in Islam ....

these leaders need to start following Laws first and then expect general public to follow it.....

agreed on bath sir but still killing someone sorry i cant .:disagree:

google it....
-BBC News - Pope accused of failing to act on sex abuse case
- etc etc.....

Stop talking rubbish about the Gujarat riots if you dont know what events happened and how it started need I remind you the godhra train burning? 58 people, mostly Hindu pilgrims men women and children burnt alive or u failed to mention it :eek:

What exactly did this lady say/do, which was blasphemy?

Therein lies a great dilemma:

The person describing what was said by the original accused, even in a court of law, is guilty of the same crime by definition.

Anybody see a problem with that and its effects on anybody associated with the whole case as a witness, or during collection or presentation of evidence?

95 % cases which are registered till now are against MUSLIMS, how can this hurt minorities in anyway?

Stupid article.

95 % cases which are registered till now are against MUSLIMS, how can this hurt minorities in anyway?
Stupid article.
What percentage of minority population does Pakistan have btw?
We can already see that the minority as well as a major percentage of Pakistanis are in danger if they dare to even speak against this law.

Back
Top Bottom