What's new

F16 & F18 MII runs into hurdles over export to enemy countries !

The Flight Hours of Engine and Aircraft are over [The reason the airframes were retired ], and will need either deep overhaul from the OEM or new systems from the OEM.

Deep overhaul and Upgrade of Engine, Radar, Avionics, Airframe, Weapon Systems alone will cost ~50 Million USD.

Training and infrastructure, cost get more high.

And all this for less than 2000 Flight Hours/8-10 years , which very very low , compared to ~20 Years for 47 million USD for our mirage 2000s.
Are all airframes of same bad condition?

Israeli F16s were inducted 1980 onward while India inducted Mig 21s 1960s onward. Both were inducted in batches and there is minimum two decade of difference between them. So if our government looks deeper, I think it will be beneficial to invest little amount in A/B version and upgrade them using kits, it will be still a great nimble fighter complemented by Tejas, Mig 29s and Mirages in Asian skies dominated by forth gen multi role jets. It is indeed cost effective solution in short end, then government should focus on long term like LCA mark 2s, AMCA, F35, More Rafales, PAKFA/DAs. that is the way forward in lesser cost my friend. If you have nay suggestions, please share.

If you say F16 is flying coffin, then I feel pity on you my friend. F16 is indeed a great plane and I admire those in charge of PAF who took early decisions in 1950s,60s and onward.
bro i really doubt that would happen a second hand plane if we buy even at their market price the opposition to this move from the opposition parties will be monumental.
they are just waiting to paint the ruling dispensation with the same corruption brush
i am not dwelling upon the economic and militarily judiciousness of the decision but where it could backfire is in domestic political arena
and in politics sentiment is important

bro i really doubt that would happen a second hand plane if we buy even at their market price the opposition to this move from the opposition parties will be monumental.
they are just waiting to paint the ruling dispensation with the same corruption brush
i am not dwelling upon the economic and militarily judiciousness of the decision but where it could backfire is in domestic political arena
and in politics sentiment is important
Not if central government has the willingness to create a unique path for us. And I believe this government has the will power to do it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom