What's new

F16/BLOCK 70 in USA Magazine

I am all for the french rafael, the French Mirages in IAF are great, and I guess we will be getting the rafael.

As for Russia getting offended, the Russians know that they can always depend on India in times of dire need and India vice versa. If the Indians get western platforms the Russians will get a peek at it, unofficially and they can devise better technology. Besides the Future for Indian defence forces lies in Israel and Russia.

Metal, to be fair to the Americans, they have not said that PAF can't buy F-16s. They have offered Pakistan blk-60 (they said any version of the F-16) but we ourselves decided that blk-52 capability is better and more cost-effective. Part of the American policy is to sell equally to Pakistan and India. They put roadblocks here and there and will do the same for India too if they need to get their way with some issue, however those are the rules that you have to play by if you want to buy American gear.

Sir correct me on this one but if we had opted for the block-60, i think we would also had to pay to UAE as they were also involved in the development of the project, however consider block-60 with an AESA radar with the PAF, we would not only have something that could out perform the MKIs but also the amount of expertise that PAF would have gained with an AESA radar and this expertise would have been very valuable in terms of the future JF-17 upgrades.

Metal, to be fair to the Americans, they have not said that PAF can't buy F-16s. They have offered Pakistan blk-60 (they said any version of the F-16) but we ourselves decided that blk-52 capability is better and more cost-effective. Part of the American policy is to sell equally to Pakistan and India. They put roadblocks here and there and will do the same for India too if they need to get their way with some issue, however those are the rules that you have to play by if you want to buy American gear.

Let me elaborate what i meant was, soon after the Deal with USA there have been questions raised in American congress that these F-16 should not be sold to Pakistan (Thanks to Indian Lobby efforts), Obama has said recently that Military Aid to Pakistan should be Cut off or Pakistan Should be given equipment according to war on terror Demands, Not To be Used Against India.

But on the other Hand USA is giving Weapons to India that's what i meant, and even if USA Offers us F-16/Block 70 we wont get them in the end.

1).Our Only hope now is to rely more on our Nukes and Build a Strong Arsenal of Missiles so that no country in the world can dare to attack us ( just like the policy of North Korea and some what of Iran) and we make sure to the aggressor that otherwise consequences will be Destructive.

2).Now our only hope is from China we can get the latest Jets from China but Chinese JXX program is still in Research Phase and it will take at least 5 to 10 years for them to build this jet, Pakistan can also Start joint venture with China specifically keeping in mind our requirements to Counter Indian Acquisition of F-16 or F-18 and then we can design a special jet to counter this threat but I think it not feasible Economically and Technologically as well.

3).Other Option will be Working Closely with Turkey and try to get F-35 (Turkish produced or may be turkey helps us to secure a deal with Lockheed ) Another Unlikely scenario Very very Difficult but not Impossible. Or a joint venture with Turkey ( as i mentioned above the joint venture with China)

4). We hope that any European Country comes up with something really cool and Technologically advanced just as F-35 or F-22 and we get a deal with them another Unlikely scenario because European are not focusing more on defence anymore because of economic slowdown and we haven't heard of any new project from them since Eurofighter. Maybe Eurofighter is an option for PAF but its too Expensive and hard to get hands on to it.

5). We ask USA to give us the same technology which they are giving to India but you know the answer which they gave us when we asked them to sign a nuclear deal similar to Indo-us deal. The probability of Getting these F-16/Block 70 From USA is approximately 1 out of a billion.

6). We start working on a project on our own and JF-17 is just a start we lack Expertise, technology and resources as well but if we take this matter too seriously as we did in the case of making an Atomic Bomb we will Inshallah make something even better than this one but its a hard work and we have just nothing to start with we will have to start from scratch but where there is a will there is a way.

wow some one here have a inferiority complex dude stop with these childish posts dude.

sixth- who knows it better than pakistan and india how double standard the US follows so india is already wary of this they will be friends with US only in good times and in bad times they know who will serve them better.,the russians,french and israelis.

I totally agree with that. America is not trust worthy. Russia is always great as usual. i think Indian [DRDO] should already evaluate the situation here. they will come up appropriate solution if something goes wrong after deal.
i hope we will see more joint venture of R&D between russia and india especially in field of space program. :cheers:

I have just one Question,

USA Cant sell F-16 to Pakistan because they will be used against India but on the other hand USA is selling the best of F-16 to India for what, will it not be used against Pakistan. These are the American Double standards.

Err, you are forgetting China, which is the biggest threat to India.

Nowadays everything is stalemate because of nuclear weapons. Block 70 or Block 390 it doesn't matter, violate someone's sovereignty and be prepared for radioactive fallout. The best these aircraft can be used for is domestic suppression.
and who did u say u were?? lol you cant nuke someone once they jus cross ur border or violate ur borders! maybe if u were in command it would have been possible, but then nuke freaks are never in the reckoning to command nukes. Please, you are a senior member, dont talk like you just failed highschool and is frustrated with it! God Speed.

Err, you are forgetting Population,which is the biggest threat to India

Nope, we have a very young population and so more productive and so more money. I was talking about China in the context of security and geo-political strategics.

Err, you are forgetting Population,which is the biggest threat to India

yeah you are right .
population should be around 200 mil. i consider this as biggest threat to India because if this get solved all the other problems[2,3,4] will disappear automatically.

and China is the worlds least populated area after Siberia!

Atleast they cater to the needs of the population irrespective of caste/creed/religion.

Back to the topic, I think Kharian is spot-on. The key deterrent is the newk.

how can a thread discussing f-16 capabilities come to population problem.
friends cant we stop this india-pakistan bashing and who is great and who is not by just sticking to the main idea of a logical discussion.
thanx

Because

I do not want to see India's special forces Soldiers come to China to gatekeeper

:partay:

Back
Top Bottom