What's new

F-35 Lightning II: Busting Myths- Educational!

bonus! an oldie but still educational given all the disinformation out there.

Both F-22s and F-35s will be spotted at range by low frequency radar. The F-35’s cross section is much smaller than the F-22’s, but that does not mean, Hostage concedes, that the F-35 is necessarily superior to the F-22 when we go to war. In fact, Hostage says that it takes eight F-35s to do what two F-22s can handle.

“The F-35 is geared to go out and take down the surface targets,” says Hostage, leaning forward. “The F-35 doesn’t have the altitude, doesn’t have the speed [of the F-22], but it can beat the F-22 in stealth.” But stealth — the ability to elude or greatly complicate an enemy’s ability to find and destroy an aircraft using a combination of design, tactics and technology — is not a magic pill, Hostage reminds us.

Gen. Mike Hostage On The F-35; No Growlers Needed When War Starts « Breaking Defense - Defense industry news, analysis and commentary

A General says the F-35 has a 'much smaller ' cross section than the F-22! :woot:

F-22 is a 12-15 years old plane.................materials and electronics have progressed by that time.But some stupid people do not recognize this.While it may not have the outer shape as optimized to stealth as f-22 but its ram should be many times better than f-22.

Did you believe in F16 defeated F-35?
You are misleaded!!

Did you believe in F16 defeated F-35?
You are misleaded!!
nah,This is more to combat some of the more bogus topics here from the typical suspects.

I was suprised that the f-35 is stealthier than the f-22 though.

F-22 is a 12-15 years old plane.................materials and electronics have progressed by that time.But some stupid people do not recognize this.While it may not have the outer shape as optimized to stealth as f-22 but its ram should be many times better than f-22.

with regards to materials and electronics, id caution on assuming the f-35 is totally superior there just because of the article interviewing general mike hostage.

:lol:

It would be a grade A faggotry to say that F35 can be taken down by any russian and chinese origin fighters. Now that F35 will be soon deployed in gulf and South China sea, I dare any force to engage it.

It would be a grade A faggotry to say that F35 can be taken down by any russian and chinese origin fighters. Now that F35 will be soon deployed in gulf and South China sea, I dare any force to engage it.

J-20 and J-31 will soon come into service in the region.

But not on par with F-22 and F-35 in the term of electronics and LO technology

They should be at least equal to F-35 in LO technology. Remember that the US deliberately
made the F-35 less stealthy than F-22.

Electronics - yes but probably not a massive gap as China already has better electronics than Russia.
You also need to remember than F-35 will be flying into the 2040s and so plenty of time to catch up in the field of electronics by China.

Your signature is amazing Sir........:-)......I visit here for this work only........:unsure:

They should be at least equal to F-35 in LO technology. Remember that the US deliberately

Electronics - yes but probably not a massive gap as China already has better electronics than Russia.
You also need to remember than F-35 will be flying into the 2040s and so plenty of time to catch up in the field of electronics by China.
You knows nothing about F-35 and F-22, US at least 10 year a head of China in LO technology, you even don't know that F-35 uses baked fiber mat LO technology, where as J-20 and J-31 still rely on conventional RAM and RAP

Its a bit much to expect China to master stealth on its first stealth aircraft.

China will make a try at it, and kudos if they do, but the US has had decades of experience to refine its techniques and I doubt China's first try will be even as good as the f-35...

You knows nothing about F-35 and F-22, US at least 10 year a head of China in LO technology, you even don't know that F-35 uses baked fiber mat LO technology, where as J-20 and J-31 still rely on conventional RAM and RAP

Yeah and you are an expert.

Its a bit much to expect China to master stealth on its first stealth aircraft.

China will make a try at it, and kudos if they do, but the US has had decades of experience to refine its techniques and I doubt China's first try will be even as good as the f-35...

80 per cent of stealth is shaping and the US has given this away for all to see.

Back
Top Bottom