What's new

F-35 for Pakistan

Hmm my mouth is watering at prospects if one of these F35 Crashes in some remote territories in Afghanistan and China can import these in via assitance form Pakistan of course to fix the plane for up :pakistan::china:

Of course after we analyse all the internal aveonics :yahoo::coffee:

But China already has these and I am sure Pakistan can get 4-5 stealth planes form them

Chances are slim but like Blain said, nothing is impossible. Imho F-35 will only be offered to PAF once the J-XX is available. A lot depends on IAF's progress on the Pak-Fa aswell.

Pak FA is a indo Russian Project and sooner or more likely later the IAF will have 5TH generation fighter... PREHAPS 2020-25 PERIOD..

As aresult are we saying USA wud consider selling F35.. ???

i THINK THE YANKS wud be concerned about trf of tech to china by pakistan...

It is interesting to note, however, that the first few operational F-35s to fly will actually cost more per plane than the F-22. It's pretty common with new technology (perfect example in the consumer electroncs industry are the first few Playstation 3s which Sony sold at a loss of over US$100 each). However, once production reaches its peak, it will be significantly cheaper than the F-22 (though not as much as originally thought).

Well, the situation was such that the Americans saw great benefit in providing us with F-16s (Soviet-Afghanistan war, you get the picture). I don't foresee that happening today. Asymetric Warfare, Fourth Generation Warfare, Insurgency-Counterinsurgency, Intelligence and Information Warfare, all these "modern trends" of conducting war really don't require expensive jets (which is a big problem for the US). Frankly, you could use upgraded WWII or 1965 Indo-Pak war jets to accomplish many of the tasks in a modern battlefield. Helicopters are the new fighter-jets, if you know what I mean. Ofcourse, I don't have to tell you this, you're the professor. And you're right, "never say never".

Far from a professor..;)

However even then Americans were in no mood to sell F-16s instead trying to shove F-20 Tigershark down PAF's throat. The then CAS actually flew the Tigershark and told the Americans that Pakistan would have nothing less than F-16s and eventually Americans relented.

If US-Pakistan relations stay on track then after the equipping of first tier partners, it is possible that Pakistan would try to acquire the F-35. The other thing that needs to be kept in mind is that as long as Pakistan's request is reasonable, then just like Americans are selling blk-52s, newer aircraft are also possible. The argument that you make can also apply to blk-52s. The US can tell Pakistan, how about we upgrade your existing Mirages and F-7s with modern avionics and weapons and lets call it a day. I think at one point, domestic arms industry and also the prevailing security environment comes into play. If the US wants to maintain good relations with Pakistan while Pakistan's neighborhood is flush with 4th and 5th generation fighter aircraft then the F-35 case can be made for Pakistan, however I think all of this discussion is premature.

Pak FA is a indo Russian Project and sooner or more likely later the IAF will have 5TH generation fighter... PREHAPS 2020-25 PERIOD..

As aresult are we saying USA wud consider selling F35.. ???

i THINK THE YANKS wud be concerned about trf of tech to china by pakistan...

So why is US selling blk-52 to Pakistan? The concerns can be surmounted as they are being with blk-52s. Also China will not be sitting around clueless about these technologies. By the time 2nd tier countries will be considered for F-35 exports, 2014-16 timeframe, Chinese may have something fairly stealthy out.

Wow! that is a great news :smitten:
i dont know why most of the members are not taking it seriously! atleast i am very confident! infact i have started to save some money from my pocket money! ;) i am going to put it in a good luck and i hope by the time my grand grand grand childrens are young they can break the good luck to get money and buy the F35! :lol: at that time american wont be denying them to us as they would be flying 8 generation planes!:D
come one guys what is this thread doing here! it must have been laid to peace by now!

i respect the views of some of the senior members that say that tis is possible but what i would like to ay that it would take years for this to happen and by that time JSF may well be of the same status that spitfire have today :)
the point is that beside money and option from US to get them, time factor is equally important! we surely have suffered from these issues with the block 15 F16 comming to us when the world is flying block 60!!

regards!

I agree with Blain2, the F-35 is the F-16 of Gen. 5 aircraft.

I was watching this episode of Dogfights on the History Channel a month ago where they were discussing future air wars. They showed how the F-35 is going to be the real work horse of the USAF with multi-role capabilities whereas the F-22 will be used for air-to-air and air to air ONLY.

B.T.W do all versions of the F-35 have the ability to hover or just the one used by the Marines?

u.s is planning 3 types of f35 for all its requirements.. one type is the 'proposed' hover one.. they plan to induct 1300 f35s, and the rest raptors.. they are bringing uniformity in high teck rather than combo like f117/f16/f18/f15 etc..perhaps it helps in pilot training expenses

Strategic relations like Pakistan used to have with the U.S are, history, thank God; Pakistan needs such a relationship with the U.S like one needs a hole in the head. Pakistan has to travel on it's own road, good, warm, correct relations rooted in mutual commercial gain, are the best we should develop with the U.S - so no more fancy U.S harware, please.

i do not like the look of 5th gen planes the internal weapons bay takes the charm out of the look a fighter with is missiles stacked under the belt is the best site for me as far a conflict goes south asia will soon see some new gen planes with the pakfa , and gripen coming soon jxx is unknown commodity so no comments

Buddy I doubt most countries would care how their aeroplanes look, as long as they do the job. :smitten:

But yeah, I love the shape of the F-16 and the newer 4.5 generation aeroplanes like the Eurofighter and especially the Rafale. I however, think the Russian concept planes like the Berkut and the 1.44 are much better looking than the older aeroplanes, especially the Su-30 which is lethal, but OH SO UGLY!!!!!!
Cheers:cheers:

i've not read the previous 39 posts in this thread, so please pardon my ignorance - but one question comes to my mind.

when the US is a "reluctant partner" in providing upgrades for our current fleet of F-16A/Bs and supplying newer F-16C/Ds, what makes us think that they (US) would be a "willing partner" to supply F-35s to Pakistan - dont bet your house on it!

i've not read the previous 39 posts in this thread, so please pardon my ignorance - but one question comes to my mind.

no ignorance on your side sir, it never happened as far as my knowledge about your post is concerned! :tup:

when the US is a "reluctant partner" in providing upgrades for our current fleet of F-16A/Bs and supplying newer F-16C/Ds, what makes us think that they (US) would be a "willing partner" to supply F-35s to Pakistan - dont bet your house on it
that is exctly what have been going out through the last 39 post ;), you have just concluded it nicely! :agree:

no one think this to be possible, atleas not me unyil and unless the world starts fying some 7th generation planes and then the F35 may come on offer!! that is how it had been wih Pak US relations :guns: :usflag:

reagadrs!

pardon me but why are those things present which might not be possible .the answer to the question earilier asked bout supply of F-16s.I read it that USAF will soon retire all of its F-16s as JSF-35 production line starts. So we can say that US will sell the falcons because they are not needed.I think we need manuverable fighters rather than "stealth" fighters beacuse sooner or later with stealth fighters in action,world will start working on "stealth finder" radars and thus the advantage will be mostly lost as they start to commercialize and with BVRs in house egility is somthing that is required.We need J-10s and possibly J-11s we can reduce their RCS to max but we can afford "internal Wepons bay" and "super cruse" kind of fancy things

Back
Top Bottom