What's new

F-22P sailing home

So 2 ships should be in hand by mid of this year goodf news !! mashallah..

can any body provide the specs of current Pakistani naval destroyers and frigates and this F22p frogate.
I just wana know what this thing is capable of in electronic warefare and intelligance gathering scenarios .
And does this frigate can defend itself if Harpoon missiles are fired at it from an attacking aircraft.
And what are its sonar capabilities in detecting some extreemly polite subs like the class wolf sub of the US navy.

can anybody plz :
- PN no longer operates any destroyers, and the ones it did operate were primarily ex-US Gearing FRAM I (the Gearing clas ships date from 1945 and they were subjected to the Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization (FRAM) program in the 1950s. Ships from the Gearing class were completely torn down and rebuilt from the hull up, including new engines, a much larger combat information center, and new sonar and radar systems. The 21-inch (533 mm) torpedo tubes between the funnels were removed, and the 8-round ASROC battery placed there instead. The rear 3-inch/50 cal twin gun mount was removed, and that space used for the DASH's hangar and flight deck, with two new triple-tube launchers for the 18-inch Mk.44's placed just behind the rear funnel. Between 1977 and 1983, 6 of this class were transferred to the Pakistani navy, where they became the Alamgir Class. IIRC, only 1 is left: Nazim (ex-Tughril, ex Henderson), operated by the Pakistan's Maritime Security Agency.
Gearing-class destroyers in World War II
Alamgir Class (US Gearing)
- PN operates 6 ex-UK Type 21 ASW frigates. Formerly Amazon class, these entered PN service from 1993 onward, as Tariq class.
http://orbat.com/site/history/volume4/437/pn-part3E.pdf
Tariq Class (UK Amazon Type 21)
Tariq Calss Type 21 Frigates
- F22P is eesentially a modified and improved Type 053H3 Jiangwei II class ship. Its main armament, sensors and EW gear are similar, obvious difference being the adoption of a pair of 30mm gatling gun mounts with associated sensors for search and control functions. Problably less well at ASW than the modernized ex-UK ships, but in all a more rounded design, with AShM and SAM and CIWS on all ships of the class (rather than 3 with SAM and 3 with SSMs as in the Tariq class).
http://www.sinodefence.com/navy/surface/type053h3-jiangwei-ii.asp

i heared in GEO today that pak navy is ready to get F 22 frigate today or tommrow

So 2 ships should be in hand by mid of this year goodf news !! mashallah..

Correct me if i am wrong but my understsanding was that the first ship was due this year and the second next year. The ship(252) has been built and just gone on sea trials. it wqould continue trials and weapons integration till next yr.
WaSalam
Araz

Why are frigates costly then the submarines?? care to shed light upon it. and how many frigates is Pakistan going to make and would it reduce the over all cost like i heard its 600-700 million dollars that very expensive i thought frigates cost 200 million dollars or so.

does sparrow class sam is installed on it and what type of anti submarines weapons are on it wired guided torpedos or there are some drums are been installed in it to destroy submarines i dont know exact name of those drums which use to be thrown in sea so they can explode near the enemy submarine to weaken submarines hull so it can not dive very deep so it can be detected very easy and destroyed

please let us know exactly what type of weapons will be installed on three F 22 with the name of weapons

i pray and wish that in future Pn to buy some destroyers and some anti submarine frigtes and special submarine for our naval ssg

I think the next step for PN could be: assist with Chinese experts, start to design ur own frigate class warship and build it by urself.

The building job for the 4th F 22P is a great beginning! Good luck my Pak friends!

Pakistan began to built first F22P,gratulation!

I think the next step for PN could be: assist with Chinese experts, start to design ur own frigate class warship and build it by urself.

The building job for the 4th F 22P is a great beginning! Good luck my Pak friends!

Thanks to our Chinese friends for your help and support!

^^great news, i hope it will be here and fully operational with PN within two to three months^^

Back
Top Bottom