F-16 Thread

Who would u go for:

• F-16

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • J-10

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
f16.net isn't official site for lockheed. But it has reported several times the deal. The official site that mentions the delivery to congress will be updatd at the moment the Pakistani finishes the deal. It has all to do with the aid. How much related to US aid and how much with different instruments. Probably the last part is about what MLU will include. If you know that Dutch will start MLU-5 then we have to think about which MLU Pakistan gets...

We had Asif Shamim on PFF once, he is an F-16.net editor and gave quite credible information regarding F-16 deals and Lockheed related stuff.

Zeeshan S. said:
We had Asif Shamim on PFF once, he is an F-16.net editor and gave quite credible information regarding F-16 deals and Lockheed related stuff.
where si he now? get him back.

melb4aust said:
Here im starting a new thread with a poll:
What would you like PAF to have
1. F-16 or
2. J-10

Depending on the future outcomes for PAF and considering the political issues involved with the induction as well.

Would look forward for ur useful comments....Thanx

i think the J-10 is way more powerfull then the F-16 and the J-10 is more faster the J-10s pakistani name is JF-17

Dear Al-Khalid,

Your mistaking buddy. J-10 and JF-17 are two different aircrafts. PAF is planning to get about 36 or so J-10s and their designation will probably be FC-20, but nothing is yet confirmed.

J-10 is kind of a mid-size multirole aircraft for air superiority role, while JF-17 is a light weight multirole aircraft. JF-17 is being co-produced by China and Pakistan, and in the beginning of 2008 Pakistan will be able to produce its own aircrafts at PAC after transfer of technology and infrastructure has been setup.

Now what i can suggest you is to look more around the forum and read information to gain more knowledge about Pakistani Armed Forces and its defense rather than for the sake of posting. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the Air Warfare thread which is sticky.

the problem with most of the forum members is that they r over googling. some genuine contributions being scarce. it is requested that most of these wikipedias and googles are shopkeeper's stuff and the articles are definitely going to be spicy for layman but stupid for intellectual and technical audience. surely there are some good references as well but plz dont over google. if u have some some genuine and realistic views do share them.
Thanks.

Much of the J-10 technology is not released to public, the specification of its avionics, situational awareness, and BVR capability would be relatively lower, unless China has taken the real edge in the past few years, but not many of its success stories have been reported.

We all know the specifications of F-16s, they are very good aircrafts and have excellent avionics and situation awareness, as well other things like ECM suite. What concerns us all as of now is what weaponry would come up with the aircraft as well as which radar will be equipped.

If Pakistan can get new F-16s with APG-63 (V2) AESA radar with Aim-120 C7 or Aim-120 D, we will gain the technological edge against any fighter in the Indian inventory, due to superior avionics, effective BVR capability as well as relatively low RCS.

My guess is that J-10 is only being bought to have a relative ratio of 50-50 percent Chinese and Western technology in PAF. What i have always thought about was that J-10 would come in the future no matter what and it will be given to Squadron # 16 and Squadron # 26 taking the place of A-5 aircrafts, while being a good air superiority role fighter.

As far as the future goes, we might see J-XX (J-13/14) or Rafale/Typhoon as the main aircrafts to go to Sargodha.

On the other note Pakistan still haven't finalized the avionics of JF-17 aircraft and is not happy with it. This is probably because Pakistan doesn't want majority of its aircrafts to have inferior avionics and situational awareness capability. This gives us a hint that J-10 aircraft is still not that of a good aircraft with equivalent avionics and weapons capability comparable to the western counter parts.

So when they are gonna finalise the avionics, remember the 1st batch is due in march 2007.

It's a pretty BIG issue, because good avionics can make a hell lot of a difference.

i choose j-10... lol (because i am nationalist...)
anyway i think j-10 and f-16C/D are at the same class

What do you mean they are in the same class? Please ellaborate more, and dont post things which makes the reader ask "please could you tell me more, or what you meant by that? etc"

Where J-10 has an advantage is that it has TVC (powerful engine), and radar at certain extent compare to default F-16 Block 50 radar.

WebMaster said:
What do you mean they are in the same class? Please ellaborate more, and dont post things which makes the reader ask "please could you tell me more, or what you meant by that? etc"

Where J-10 has an advantage is that it has TVC (powerful engine), and radar at certain extent compare to default F-16 Block 50 radar.

j-10 and j-10A dont have TVC(it will only fit the late verisons with WS-10A engines....)

as for radar.... i really dont no..... :buck: but there is rumors about israel radar going onto j-10A...

There are rumours that Pakistan might be getting transfer of technology with F-16s (if it will ever acquire in big numbers). No sources to be found so far, rumour is just a rumour. :D

Here is what has always bothered me about the F-16 deal. US is also offering them to India along with AESA ( to be designated block 70) and is offering to make India the spare part manufacturer / warehouse for the Asian market. Why would Pakistan want to be in a position where spare parts can be halted if hostilities break out between the two?

The spares parts were blocked 25~ years ago, but Pakistan still managed to keep the F-16s operational and didn't loose a jet in record of 15~ years. Pakistan understands this situation very well, but Pakistan has access to spare parts from many other manufacturers of F-16s, Turkey being the most important one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom