What's new

F-16 Block 15MLU/50/52 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree on the F-16 part but the deal only included 18 new block 52 jets, some 30+ F-16A/B's and mlu package for 60+ jets.
I'm pretty satisfied with the supplementry order of other systems including helmets. AMRAAM 120C etc.

That will boost our defence capabilities!
PAF still is considered to be a defensive force, lets continue to rebuild and modernise it since the enemy has taken a leap forward with her new purchases and poses a serious threat.

Offensive capabilities can very well be achieved from JF-20 and we'll get it with full ToT.

Neo said:
I agree on the F-16 part but the deal only included 18 new block 52 jets, some 30+ F-16A/B's and mlu package for 60+ jets.
I'm pretty satisfied with the supplementry order of other systems including helmets. AMRAAM 120C etc.

That will boost our defence capabilities!
PAF still is considered to be a defensive force, lets continue to rebuild and modernise it since the enemy has taken a leap forward with her new purchases and poses a serious threat.

Offensive capabilities can very well be achieved from JF-20 and we'll get it with full ToT.

Even i am satisfied with the deal give or take who wouldnt love Aim-120C5's JHMCS and Aim-9M8/9 but if these F-16's are only based for A2A defensive roll's then i sure as hell would want an AESA rader and Aim-9x with it.....and yes the cost on these birds are senceless..

Atleast we have a credible ac to encounter the MKI, I rather see the glass half empty. :angel:

Btw. would you please enable your PM function?
Thanks!

Neo

Neo said:
Atleast we have a credible ac to encounter the MKI, I rather see the glass half empty. :angel:

Btw. would you please enable your PM function?
Thanks!

Neo

F-16 is certainly a counter to MKI but it isnt exactly a perfect answer to it i havent been on the site for 4 to 6 months now and a lot has changed will do that in the mean while u can add me on MSN if u like my id is saribjamil_pk@hotmail.com.

Best of the Best said:
F-16 is certainly a counter to MKI but it isnt exactly a perfect answer to it
Glass half empty...;)

i havent been on the site for 4 to 6 months now and a lot has changed will do that in the mean while u can add me on MSN if u like my id is saribjamil_pk@hotmail.com.
Welcome back dude!
A lot has changed indeed but all for the good!
This place rocks! :)

:what1:
Neo said:
Glass half empty...;)

Welcome back dude!
A lot has changed indeed but all for the good!
This place rocks! :)

I have opened up my PM for u:D secondly i like my glass to be full rather then half empty.

Yes the place has improved a lot and i for once can say we now do have mature posters here GAWDD help me hope viper in style isnt here even tho he has also improved with time.

Well i rather have something surpassing MKI rather then matching it or being equal to it i certainly hope J-10 would be a true answer to MKI but as of right now the IAF MRCA deal would come as a headache to PAF in 6 to 8 years time so PAF has a lot of challanges ahead of it not just MKI.

Best of the Best said:
I have opened up my PM for u:D secondly i like my glass to be full rather then half empty.
Send you a pm tomorrow, its midnight here already.

Yes the place has improved a lot and i for once can say we now do have mature posters here GAWDD help me hope viper in style isnt here even tho he has also improved with time.
Haven't seen him for a while...quite a few members didn't return after this site was relaunced.
I'll agree we've many matured and knowledgeable members here but there's always room for more. ;)

Well i rather have something surpassing MKI rather then matching it or being equal to it i certainly hope J-10 would be a true answer to MKI but as of right now the IAF MRCA deal would come as a headache to PAF in 6 to 8 years time
so PAF a lot of challanges ahead of it not just MKI.
The answer would be Typhoon or Rafale but neither is an optiopn untill 2015.
Just wait for the j-10...there are a few surprises there...;)

Neo said:
Send you a pm tomorrow, its midnight here already.

Haven't seen him for a while...quite a few members didn't return after this site was relaunced.
I'll agree we've many matured and knowledgeable members here but there's always room for more. ;)

The answer would be Typhoon or Rafale but neither is an optiopn untill 2015.
Just wait for the j-10...there are a few surprises there...;)

Glad to know viper isnt here lol..

Hahahah Ask Ahsan Faroogi i was the one who came up with the name Pakistanforces lol.

We could certainly go for some suped up Rafales for 5 billion trust me atleast 36 with all goodies and sensors and yes nothing is impossiable ;) and J-10 certainly has a hell lot of suprices i even know some just like i was the very 1st one to know about thunders redesign chance and thunder hiting mach 1.8 way before this happened MASHALLAH sai i am proud to have inside sources.

US will certainly provide F-16 planes to Pakistan: Crocker

ISLAMABAD: US Ambassador to Pakistan, Ryan C Crocker said Tuesday that the US will certainly provide F-16 fighter planes to Pakistan, however, the time frame for the delivery of the planes could not be given at the movement.

He stated this here while talking to Geo News. “President Bush will honour his word to provide the F-16 planes to Pakistan,” Crocker remarked.

Earlier, Pakistan and United States inked two agreements to promote knowledge-based economic development and ensure long-term economic growth.

The first agreement is part of the US government's five-year economic growth assistance package to Pakistan worth more than $ 73 million while the second one is to allow the Competitiveness Support Fund (CSF) to partner with the Higher Education Commission (HEC) in support of initiatives that promote knowledge-based economic development.

This bilateral agreement commits $ 13.7 million for 2006 on the part of USAID.

I just read this news on pakistan times,

US-Pakistan soon to enter into formal F16s sale Agreement
'Pakistan Times' Monitoring Desk

WASHINGTON (US): Now that U.S. administration's proposal for sale of F16s to Pakistan stands approved, both the countries are to enter into a formal agreement shortly, to be followed by start of delivery of the falcons, sources said.

Lockheed Martin is the company to provide the aircraft, and the update package.

The U.S. Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress on June 28 of its intent for sale to Pakistan of 36 new F-16s, and 26 refurbished jets, ammunition and update package worth up to $5 billion.

Describing sale of F16s to Pakistan, as "very important" to U.S. relationship "and to Pakistan's defence needs," Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia said that "we're moving ahead with the sale."

Mr. Richard Boucher said this to newsmen Thursday last, mentioning that working closely with Congress, difficulties have been overcome and procedures met. He was referring to completion of one month period of notification to Congress on July 28, which cleared the way for sale of F16s aircraft to Pakistan.

Besides the aircraft, whose exact number will be known once both the countries sign a formal agreement, expected shortly, the delivery of the jets would follow and completed in a few years. The proposal is also for ammunition, logistic support and updates.

"It would be upto Pakistan how many falcons it wants to purchase," sources state.

Pakistan had earlier delayed furnishing of purchase orders, earlier, due to the devastating October 8 earthquake, as it wanted to give due priority to task of relief and rehabilitation of the affectees.

Commenting on sale of F16s to Pakistan, Mark Tavlarides, a lobbyist for the country said: "it furthers the national security interests of both Pakistan and the United States," and that it was "a presidential priority- nd is part of the Bush administration's South Asia strategy, aimed at broadening its relationships with Pakistan, India and Afghanistan."

During the one month notification period, less than ten congressmen, out of a House of 435, statedly expressed their reservations over the F16s deal. Technically, the U.S. administration proposal stands approved, at midnight of July 28-29.

On July 20, a testimony was held at the Capitol Hill, convened by the House International Relations Committee, in which both the Pengaton as well as the State Department lent full support to sale of F16s to Pakistan.

Appearing before the full committee hearing, Pentagon official, Dr. John F. Hillen said "The sale will send a very clear signal of our commitment to a long-term relationship with Pakistan- a Major Non-NATO Ally since June 2004..." The Assistant Secretary of State, Political Military Affairs, said "a confident and secure Pakistan will be a more reliable partner for the United States."

This sale, he added was "a Presidential priority" and "a key element of the Administration’s South Asia strategy," unveiled in March 2005, aimed at broadening strategic relationships with our key regional partners – India, Afghanistan, and Pakistan."

"Pakistan’s outstanding support in the war on terror has not come without a cost to President Musharraf and the Pakistani people. Despite the cost, Pakistani counter-terrorism efforts have resulted in the death or capture of over 800 members of al-Qaeda, including many senior leaders."

In a written testimony, Assistant Secretary Boucher said U.S. Administration believes that it was in United States' "national interest" to proceed with the sale of F16s to Pakistan. Sale of F 16s, he added, provides "a clear and concrete signal" to all Pakistanis that Pakistan’s security "is important to the United States."

He said Pakistan was "a key country" and "a strategic partner in South Asia"-- a region of critical importance to the United States. The South Asian region, he added, was "one of our highest priorities in the War on Terror."

Mr. Boucher said: "A confident Pakistan that feels secure is more likely to pursue peace and cooperation with its neighbours," and added, United States was working with Pakistan "to establish the basis for a stable, broad-based relationship."

He also referred to high-level dialogues on energy, education, economics, science and technology, in the wake of President Bush’s March 4 visit to Islamabad. He referred to longterm and strategic relationship between both the countries.

While chairman Henry Hyde, expressed his reservations including those on "protocol and procedures" adopted by the U.S. administration in notifying the proposal, Rep. James A. Leach told the hearing that he was supportive "of the substantive case for providing this particular aircraft and related weapons systems to our close friends and allies in Pakistan."

The Congressman said, it was in line with "our desire to forge a stable, long-term relationship with Pakistan," as well as, "Islamabad's extensive cooperation in the campaign on terrorism." He said he believed "Washington must be sensitive to Pakistan's assessment that its air force needs significant upgrading and modernization."

Rep. Leach also said this proposed agreement would not materially impact the overall balance of power in South Asia."Indeed, given growing power disparities on the Subcontinent, it is possible that it may well have a stabilizing effect."●

http://www.pakistantimes.net/2006/08/02/top2.htm

The news says it depends how many F-16 pakistan wants technically we are getting 26 peacegate F-16 and 18 new F-16's with a follow up order of 18 more if we want so what the hell is up with the statemnt as many F-16's as pakistan wants ...besides all these F-16's would be configured for A2A oprations's rather then A2G for which F-16 is indeed famous but i again would want PAF to push hard for APG-80 and Aim-9x in the F-16 deal coz these two things can make a world lot of difference when it comes to PAF using these birds for defencive rolls.....

I think AIM-9X is on hold to see if sensitive tech leaks out. Pakistan is in the best of positions from both East and West if it can keep IP sensitivity and prevent leaks on both sides.

I don't think that US government will allow the sale of AIM-9X and AN/APG 80 AESA radar because of technology leakage nor we can affoard it. that radar is about $25million a piece.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]No dates yet for F-16s delivery [/FONT]

Wednesday, August 02,2006

[SIZE=-1]ISLAMABAD: The Bush administration holds no plan of imposing new conditions for providing F-16 fighter planes to Pakistan but US cannot give any specified timeframe for their supply, US Ambassador Ryan C Crocker said on Tuesday. “I cannot specify any deadline when Pakistan will be able to get these planes,” the US Ambassador said while talking to a group of journalists in Islamabad on Tuesday.

Crocker said, “The people of the United States are excited to see a growing, vibrant Pakistani economy. By appealing to Pakistanis’ entrepreneurial spirit, the US Economic Growth Programs in Pakistan will continue to help businesses grow and reduce poverty.”

The second signing, the Competitiveness Support Fund - led by the Ministry of Finance and supported by USAID’s Economic Growth Program - formed a breakthrough partnership with the Higher Education Commission.

“The main thrust of this initiative is to build linkages between business and academia,” said Omar Ayub Khan who is also Chairman of the Competitiveness Support Fund. “Such linkages will spark the kind of information sharing that makes business more dynamic and supports the commercialization of innovations developed at our universities and research institutions.”

“Our partnership with the Competitiveness Support Fund will bring a new dimension to the Higher Education Commission that should help our researchers attract better financing and shape their work to more directly meet the needs of society and the economy,” said Prof. Dr Atta-Ur-Rahman, Chairman of the Higher Education Commission.

“Cooperation of this type between business and academia has generated tremendous innovation in the countries that have developed it, not just in the United States and Europe, but also in places like India, Thailand and Turkey. Pakistan cannot afford to ignore these successes.”

One of the Competitiveness Support Fund’s main objectives is to develop and support linkages between academia and industry for knowledge-based enterprise development. The fund will work with the Higher Education Commission to provide technical assistance by engaging foreign experts to support projects promoting knowledge-based enterprises in Pakistan. The two will also work jointly to establish a forum for the identification of research-based projects that will further the development of a knowledge-based economy.
[/SIZE]
http://www.southasianmedia.net/index_story.cfm?id=314265&category=Frontend&Country=PAKISTAN

I like the USA approach of reducing poverty and improving economy. They will give us the weapons but learn us to focus on the real problem. I think we should see the power of strong economy and not the power of only a powerful military. The latest will destroy any economical power. The first will increase military knowledge and power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom